6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

20" x 10" 35mm offset?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 07:31 AM

20" x 10" 35mm offset?

Good Day,

Would a 20x10 with a 35mm offset work on a Max rear setup only?
Old 04-02-2007, 08:33 AM
Stang-seeking Max Missile

It would work, although not efficiently; those steamrollers in back act more like anchors when you accelerate in your front-wheel drive car.

Believe me, no one likes the fat a$$ tires in the back more than I do. On a RWD w/big HP, I say yeah, but for you, go 8.5" wide on all 4's. 35mm offset is fine.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:35 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Old 04-02-2007, 08:51 AM

Thanks for the input.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:59 AM

lol- no problem & good luck
Old 04-02-2007, 09:10 AM

u think it is worth the try?
Old 04-02-2007, 09:16 AM

no, I meant good luck finding a wheel in the right size. Like I said, I don't think it's a good idea but (I think)it HAS been done.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:17 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Actually the biggest I have seen is a 9.5 so you may be the first with a 10!!!
Old 04-02-2007, 09:26 AM

The 1st Corvette setup on a Maxima? jk
Old 04-02-2007, 09:43 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yes it will work..........ALL DAY LONG!!!!!! Just a couple weeks ago i did it and have had ZERO issues......infact its a 10.5 with a 40 mm offset with a 265/35/20 stretched on it...........if thats your style go for it!!!!!!.make it your own thing!

Chef

Here are some pics.........

Old 04-02-2007, 10:35 AM

that actually looks pretty hawt! obviously for show and not for go!
Old 04-02-2007, 10:38 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

all show and no go....hmmm, sound like a maxima.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:01 AM

what about the 35 offset.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by !PrjctMax!
that actually looks pretty hawt! obviously for show and not for go!

Yeah thats why i have 150 shot of NOS!!!!!!...it actually does just fine with out NOS .......i guess everyone is entitled to their opinion though!

Thanks,
Chef
Old 04-02-2007, 11:16 AM

so Maxcheif I should not have any rubbing with the 20x10 with the 35 offset?
Old 04-02-2007, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by BahamaMAX
so Maxcheif I should not have any rubbing with the 20x10 with the 35 offset?

Oppps sorry .....i forgot to answer that.the answer in no!...none that i can for see.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by xoomer.com
all show and no go....hmmm, sound like a maxima.

How does that need to be taken?......i would rather ask than comment to you.....
Old 04-02-2007, 01:18 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

maxima is a maxima, its a heavy sedan with pep, but not a sport car. We all bought it because it's pretty and offers a world of options normally found on higher priced cars but with low WHP it seems that all the mods in the world are not doing much to it.

I noticed that there are three groups of people on the forum. Those who go for the looks, those who go for performance and those who go for both (very few).

The remark stems from the fact that those who go for the looks seem to be getting much more out of the 6th gen max that those who go for the performance. Without a SC, the 6th gen isn't going anywhere, hence remarks like you'll have your *** handed to you by a 5.5 gen are seen all over the forum.

I am not being negative or sarcastic, just realistic. Hope this explains my point of view, which of course might be completely different than yours.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:28 PM

maxima is a maxima, its a heavy sedan with pep, but not a sport car. We all bought it because it's pretty and offers a world of options normally found on higher priced cars but with low WHP it seems that all the mods in the world are not doing much to it.

I noticed that there are three groups of people on the forum. Those who go for the looks, those who go for performance and those who go for both (very few).

The remark stems from the fact that those who go for the looks seem to be getting much more out of the 6th gen max that those who go for the performance. Without a SC, the 6th gen isn't going anywhere, hence remarks like you'll have your *** handed to you by a 5.5 gen are seen all over the forum.

I am not being negative or sarcastic, just realistic. Hope this explains my point of view, which of course might be completely different than yours.

Thank You for the LONG explination!.....Now i will comment........

Your point of view is well noted and in fact i agree with some of what you have to say.......however, what people decide to do with their Max shouldnt put them in a segregated catagory what so ever......now!!.with that said i understand where you might think that each car has its place in the Max Community, but remember.....its still a Max no matter what you do to it.......its still a maxima. My only thing with your comments is, why do you even own a Maxima?.....nothing we do to them suite your fancy ..wait........ a couple times you liked a mod.....but for the most part you take the sense of pride away from someone who has just spent alot of time and effort into that particular mod or make it sound like it was or may be a waste of money with no real HARD proof for your calculation and comment...I believe that people are allowed to speak their minds but a little common curtousy will go along way with some of these people on here. When is the last time you did a mod......no matter how small or big..but did somthing to your max that you liked and then came on here and offered assistance on how to do that mod....now.like you, i am going to catorgize the two differnt people on here....the people that love and take pride in their hobby/sport and those that just stay on the bottom...sorta like a bottom feeder. Which of the two are you? I Love my car, but i Love more to do somthing big/little .......fast or slow that contributes to the postive side of someones hobby and help inform the Maxima community instead of bashing every little cotton pickin thing.....here is some advise for you......and i mean this from the heart..........sell your car!

Chef
Old 04-02-2007, 02:39 PM
KC's FINEST

Old 04-02-2007, 02:41 PM

^^^^^^^^^thats all you have to say?!.go figure!.......LOL!!!
Old 04-02-2007, 04:17 PM

The remark stems from the fact that those who go for the looks seem to be getting much more out of the 6th gen max that those who go for the performance.
I agree. Not much can be done performance wise...

I happen to be on the brim of Performance minded, but i'm def all about the looks, and sound! To each their own, but it's just very expensive to get that much performance outta this thing. It's SO much easier n cheaper to trick it out.

And EVEN though it's a FWD car, i'm getting some 20" stags (well, they only sell them in stag sets). They are 10 in the back and will fit.

But Chef already confirmed that.

What wheels u looking at?
Old 04-02-2007, 04:28 PM

You'll break some necks rollin down the street with 20x10's in the rear with a nice *** tire tuck drop.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:28 PM

Well I am from The Bahamas and we only have about five 6 gens over here and the Island I live on is the capital and it is only 21 mls by 7 mls so I intend to put some major pressure on them. I dont mind that the wide back tires may slow the car down a bit because of the size of the island (there is no where to go but I still love the look. Maxchef car is a beauty never saw anything like it. I want that type of look in the Bahamas, here is a pick of the wheels I am getting.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:03 PM

Very true on the "performance mods are expensive for this car..." lol I just concluded that myself!
Old 04-03-2007, 03:53 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I'm actually very interested in seeing the result of your plans. Living on an island I'm also forced to realize that there is just nowhere to go, so having the fastest Z06 means nothing. Being on Maui also means that I'm stuck with literally dozens of kids and their civics, not to mention the already massive population of Altimas and 6th gen Maxes.

Excessively lifted trucks and civics with CF hoods. What else is there to do, you know?

Glad to see you're putting tons of love into your Max, though. All power to you!
Old 04-03-2007, 06:12 AM

How big is Maui?
Old 04-03-2007, 06:22 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Originally Posted by maxchef
Thank You for the LONG explination!.....Now i will comment........

Your point of view is well noted and in fact i agree with some of what you have to say.......however, what people decide to do with their Max shouldnt put them in a segregated catagory what so ever......now!!.with that said i understand where you might think that each car has its place in the Max Community, but remember.....its still a Max no matter what you do to it.......its still a maxima. My only thing with your comments is, why do you even own a Maxima?.....nothing we do to them suite your fancy ..wait........ a couple times you liked a mod.....but for the most part you take the sense of pride away from someone who has just spent alot of time and effort into that particular mod or make it sound like it was or may be a waste of money with no real HARD proof for your calculation and comment...I believe that people are allowed to speak their minds but a little common curtousy will go along way with some of these people on here. When is the last time you did a mod......no matter how small or big..but did somthing to your max that you liked and then came on here and offered assistance on how to do that mod....now.like you, i am going to catorgize the two differnt people on here....the people that love and take pride in their hobby/sport and those that just stay on the bottom...sorta like a bottom feeder. Which of the two are you? I Love my car, but i Love more to do somthing big/little .......fast or slow that contributes to the postive side of someones hobby and help inform the Maxima community instead of bashing every little cotton pickin thing.....here is some advise for you......and i mean this from the heart..........sell your car!

Chef
nothing further from truth....and when the time comes I will sell the car but thats when I am ready to and not when you tell me to, untill then I'll enjoy modding it as much as I can. Maybe if you visited more often, you'd see I am not negative/bashing at all. happy modding everyone!
Old 04-03-2007, 06:46 AM

Very true on the "performance mods are expensive for this car..." lol I just concluded that myself!
I don't understand why the Maxima has been left out by the big dogs in the aftermarket industries....

I think there is a lot of money to be had. I'd understand if the max was completely mod unfriendly, but it isn't! It's almost the exact same as the Altima, n Altima gets plenty of loving!

Once companies realize.... prices will go down, options will go up....But until then, we're stuck in this rut.
Old 04-03-2007, 06:50 AM

nothing further from truth....and when the time comes I will sell the car but thats when I am ready to and not when you tell me to, untill then I'll enjoy modding it as much as I can. Maybe if you visited more often, you'd see I am not negative/bashing at all. happy modding everyone!

Your a tool!
Old 04-03-2007, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Omarvelous
I don't understand why the Maxima has been left out by the big dogs in the aftermarket industries....

I think there is a lot of money to be had. I'd understand if the max was completely mod unfriendly, but it isn't! It's almost the exact same as the Altima, n Altima gets plenty of loving!

Once companies realize.... prices will go down, options will go up....But until then, we're stuck in this rut.
That's exactly what I thought, but then again, look how many mods there are now for our cars, compared to a coupe of years ago.
Old 04-03-2007, 07:34 AM

That's exactly what I thought, but then again, look how many mods there are now for our cars, compared to a coupe of years ago.
oh yeaa, not enough though!

Before the new 3series came out.... already had a slew of bodykits for it.....

Honda/Acura - fogetaboutit!

This is how these companies should be...

Old 04-03-2007, 07:59 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Originally Posted by Omarvelous

Unfortunately Nissan decided that maxima is no longer a sport sedan and they are trying to move into the upscale luxury sedan category. With that in mind the average age of buyer goes up and a lot of people in that age group don't care about modding hence no extensive market for aftermarket parts/mods. Third parties don't invest in development because it would be hard to make money with the little demand for these parts that we have. Even if money is to be made it's very minimal and businesses look where there is lots of it and not little. Market share and demand is what they base their decisions on. I drive through NY day in and out and look at people that drive the maxies that pass by and for most part its driven by somebody over 40-50. Ocassionally, I see some young blood taking advantage of this car but for most it has become a family sedan. I even remember somebody saying that for age group 40-50 maxima became what taurus used to be. As far as sport sedan we all know what nissan did for us, its the altima.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:13 AM

Unfortunately Nissan decided that maxima is no longer a sport sedan and they are trying to move into the upscale luxury sedan category. With that in mind the average age of buyer goes up and a lot of people in that age group don't care about modding hence no extensive market for aftermarket parts/mods. Third parties don't invest in development because it would be hard to make money with the little demand for these parts that we have. Even if money is to be made it's very minimal and businesses look where there is lots of it and not little. Market share and demand is what they base their decisions on. I drive through NY day in and out and look at people that drive the maxies that pass by and for most part its driven by somebody over 40-50. Ocassionally, I see some young blood taking advantage of this car but for most it has become a family sedan. I even remember somebody saying that for age group 40-50 maxima became what taurus used to be. As far as sport sedan we all know what nissan did for us, its the altima.

I just figured with technology of today, they would still be able to turn a profit with lower cost and smaller economies of scale. I'm sure it can be done... but like you said..... they do base their decisions on big bucks.

But have you noticed this...

There are more if not equal or slightly less Maximas on CarDomain.com, over 6k, then their are any of the following (just grabbed a few, some might have 1 car that is more, but none that compare to maxima)

1) BMW
2) Lexus
3) Toyota
4) Acura
5) Mazda
6) VW
7) Chevy

Just to name a few....

I'm pretty sure that could be at best a good non-scientific indication of the type of drivers that make up, i'd like to say a good enough population of maxima owners, if they were willing to make a cardomain page?

So.... idk.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:08 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

It’s all big money vs. "average" vs. small money

I remember from my college math that there was a formula for figuring the biggest profit based on your production capability and cost of materials and it was pretty neat. Just to give you an theoretical example:

A brembo kit for car A (say maxima) costs $100
A brembo kit for car B (say bmw 3) costs $180

The production costs might be $24 and $30 respectively but the profit margin is much wider, hence you can produce less (some plants can't produce quality products at unlimited quantity plus the labor costs is what jacks the price) and make more $$$

or

You can have cheap product and sell in quantity (civic comes to mind)

It’s up to big wig managers to calculate where the money is.

Another thing that comes to mind and applies to age groups are cell phones. Teenagers will have the flashiest most expensive phones where people between 40-50 (in general) will just get one for free, something that will simply work.

There is much more to it but I didn't study marketing per se so I'll somebody in chime in. But, to sum it up, apparently Maxima is not in the quantity nor in the Quality group and…that’s the way the cookie crumbles..hehehe
Old 04-03-2007, 11:11 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Ok all marketing crap aside, this thread is about rims so lets not steal it from the origianl poster.

MaxChef I've said it in your thread (days/weeks ago) and will say it again. You've got the sexiest lippy setup I have seen to date. Its ALL GOOD!
Old 04-03-2007, 11:25 AM

I agree xoomer!
Old 04-03-2007, 11:30 AM

Outta the 2 people debating.....maxchef's ride looks 1000000 times better.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:36 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

^^^ no doubt
Old 04-03-2007, 01:45 PM

Both xoomer and maxchefs make great points.
Both xoomer and maxchefs are great rides.

I do have to say Maxchefs is one of the nicest rides on this here website.
That thing (with a wicked stance caused by the MEAT) is just plain sick!

Mega props.

Dang, my popcorn has gotten cold waiting for mega drama. You guys are too civilized.

Quick Reply: 20" x 10" 35mm offset?