6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

is this possible?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 08:37 AM

is this possible?

my headrest TVs dont turn on when the car comes on unless you press the power button or use the remote control that comes with them. it's one remote that controls both TVs. so i'm thinking, is there an infrared receiver/transmitter that could be programmed to that frequency of that remote control (like a universal remote type of thing) that can be hooked up to the car via a 12V switch type of thing? im trying to see if this is possible so afterwards I could program it as an accessory output on my alarm, so i could turn on the TVs remotely after I remote start the car...

any ideas on this? let me know anything!
Old 05-19-2007, 08:50 AM
gec

yeah sure thats possible. tie the power wire to an accessory line directly or via a relay. you then don;t have to do all that remote stuff you got up there

Old 05-19-2007, 01:00 PM

how does that make sense? the cable is already connected to a direct accessory line. the problem is the TVs themselves go into standby mode. there's no wiring your way out of this one because i've tried and even put up the wiring diagram and a picture of the filter box and people just told me it wasn't possible right on this site. what i'm trying to do is wire a remote to the car, not try to figure out the wiring for the TVs...

thanks though
Old 05-19-2007, 07:23 PM
gec

Originally Posted by TrojanNemo
how does that make sense? the cable is already connected to a direct accessory line. the problem is the TVs themselves go into standby mode. there's no wiring your way out of this one because i've tried and even put up the wiring diagram and a picture of the filter box and people just told me it wasn't possible right on this site. what i'm trying to do is wire a remote to the car, not try to figure out the wiring for the TVs...

thanks though
Well then I guess you did it all huh?? I did not read your previous thread and sorry for lending some advice MR. wiring guru. You clearly stated in the first post that the tv's do not come on -- Now you're saying they come on but go into standby mode (blue screen). Perhaps I should wire some monitors into my car before answering any mobile video questions in the future.

So then the updated answer to your question would be I am unaware of any such device that is universal and made specifically or has the capability to input freq for 12 volt monitors, however trojan almost all monitors I have ever seen have different menu settings and the one you would be looking for is the "power memory setting" which when enabled will remember the state the monitors were in when the power was cut off --- hence when using your remote start to turn the car on the monitor would automatically come on to its previous state. I just read your previous post, but did not see the wiring diagram or filter box, but I did see you were using Innovatek series monitors. Here is their website addy

http://www.innovatek.cn/index.html

and their full support page with downloads

http://www.redpower.net.cn/enHome.asp

Lastly, even though I am not aware of the type of unit you want, I am sure such a device exists. This is America and you can buy anything you want...so google it to death and ask some questions of the peeps over at mp3car.com. That would be a great place to start searching for your solution.