6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

what would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 07:32 AM

what would you do?

ok, so I did a little detailing work on the blacksima (a littles all thats needed t make a maxima look good), waxed her up and stuff, came home, and parked her in the parking spot of our nice dirt parking lot, allowing her to collect a nice "dust" skin overnight from all the passing cars. when i came out the next day (about 5 p.m.), I discovered that someone (could have been a stupid little kid) wrote "I love you" on the hood with their stinky fingers and drew a stupid heart, im guessing to add insult to injury. I was super pissed. I complained to the landlord that people need to watch their kids and whatnot, and went about my business for the rest of the day. I was still pissed though. well yesterday, THE NEXT DAY, my wife calls me up and tells me that there are 7 "X's" underneath the "I love you". Im at a total loss here, im so pissed I dont even know what to do! Either this is some brazen punk trying to tell my wife something, or its a P.O.S. kid whos parents are probably as ignorant as they are. I hate people right now
Old 06-22-2007, 07:39 AM

why make a big deal out of it. just let it be your car wont stay clean forever. if you want take it the car wash.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:42 AM

Get a car cover. That might help cut down, but not sure if it's good for it.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:44 AM

Burn the apartment complex down, that might work.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:45 AM

why make a big deal out of it. just let it be your car wont stay clean forever. if you want take it the car wash.
I know it will get dirty, thats not the point. Im just not cool with people messing with my car. like touching it. plus, the car was recently buffed, I bet if I were to clean it off and park it in the sunlight, you could still see the micro-scratches. Im sure anyne with a black/dark colored car can vouch.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:16 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Buy the GF a nice present so she can quit writing on your car at night to get your attention. Your wife may catch on soon if it continues.

CM
Old 06-22-2007, 09:38 AM

Buy the GF a nice present so she can quit writing on your car at night to get your attention. Your wife may catch on soon if it continues.

CM
thanks for the laugh, needed that
Old 06-22-2007, 09:50 AM

You should move.
Old 06-22-2007, 10:38 AM

If the culprit see its bothering you, they will keep doing it. If its a huge problem move, and get a place with a garage.

Or set up a camera at night to catch who ever is doing it.
Old 06-22-2007, 12:06 PM

you have every right to be mad...i hate people touching my car too. sounds like someone is messing with you, they watch you and wait until your done waxing then they attack
Old 06-22-2007, 01:06 PM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

Originally Posted by JoeA04Maxima
Burn the apartment complex down, that might work.
hahah +1 i hate my place tooo
Old 06-22-2007, 01:15 PM

buy a glock and make sure the neighbors know
Old 06-22-2007, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by saxima
I hate people right now
This is how I have been for the past couple of weeks now...

and I too got a good laugh from some of these responses
Old 06-22-2007, 03:29 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I would recommend a thing called the "California Duster". It is an As Seen On TV product, but you can buy it at Walmart for only 10 bucks. Google it, it is one of the best products for getting that light dust off your car and restoring the shine!
Old 06-22-2007, 04:50 PM

Put some dog siht where they would step and volla, you have a sihtty footprint to follow and someone who is pissed. Hopefully not your girlfriend.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:43 PM
You embarrass me.

Originally Posted by coitaltie
Put some dog siht where they would step and volla, you have a sihtty footprint to follow and someone who is pissed. Hopefully not your girlfriend.
Not a good idea, they might put a footprint on your car.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:42 PM

HAHA man, thats funny. about the glock idea, I let my landlord know I keep an XD tucked in the drivers door. He didnt like that, and looking back I really feel stupid bringing that up. whoever this is, they do it during the day while im sleeping. and ive only got 5 months left here before I leave for germany, so just picking up and moving isnt really a viable option. the camera idea is good but my computer is in another room then the kitchen (the only place that has a window outlooking the car).
Old 06-22-2007, 08:53 PM

you could just.....

....hide out with a pellet gun and make em pay for the privilage to touch your ride.

Question since I can make posts yet.....My 07 SL came with HID lights but they don't look blue. What can I do?? If someone has time reply to photogus@mac.com Thanks, Gus
Old 06-22-2007, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by saxima
I know it will get dirty, thats not the point. Im just not cool with people messing with my car. like touching it. plus, the car was recently buffed, I bet if I were to clean it off and park it in the sunlight, you could still see the micro-scratches. Im sure anyne with a black/dark colored car can vouch.
OK, bottom line I understand you have micro-scratches...believe me, that kills me too. Go ahead and use ScratchX from Meguiar's, I know this sounds like a commercial from previous posts I wrote (I'm sure other users will recognize me), but I now sleep with one tube underneath my pillow. I live in an apartment complex now and scratches seem to appear at a rate of once a week....aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh, these people are killing me, I know I should buy a house, but they're not affordable down here.

Anyway, piece of mind means knowing your paint is not scratched and I'm not willing to pay $100's for my Maxi to be repainted. Now I have my peace of mind with this product...sorry, but Meguiar's are the best...in many products, I don't use them all, almost
Old 06-22-2007, 09:24 PM

meguiars is the ONLY thing I clean the car with. all other products are far inferior IMO.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:54 AM

I'd write "F|_|ck Off!" in the dirt of my own hood so the little kid will go home and ask mommy what that means and when she finds out where he learned it she'll spank the little *****.

Either that, or get a car cover.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:51 PM

Sorry to hear that you're going through this *&$#.

Look at it this way. Atleast the "kid" isn't using his keys. I'll take his finger over a key. I'm sure he/she will come back for more.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:46 PM

Someone put their fingers on my windshield tonight at the restaurant parking lot. Lucky for me I was able to carefully rub it off with paper towel (kept in trunk). I don't like it when people do that....I also get alot of finger prints on the window when I park downtown...oh well, the price of having a customized Max. Sigh!
Old 06-25-2007, 12:51 AM

PAINT THE CAR WHITE!!!!! <-----the end