6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Alignment after eibach / kyb install

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 07:35 AM

Alignment after eibach / kyb install

I got an alignment yesterday, three days after installing the eibach/kyb combo and the car rode smooth. However, after going over a set of railroad tracks, the alignment got all fubared. It began to pull to the left hard. Once I made a right hand turn though, the alignment went back to normal. What is going on?
Old 06-24-2007, 09:56 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Elimackman
I got an alignment yesterday, three days after installing the eibach/kyb combo and the car rode smooth. However, after going over a set of railroad tracks, the alignment got all fubared. It began to pull to the left hard. Once I made a right hand turn though, the alignment went back to normal. What is going on?
That's a tough one. It sounds like you did not have any inconsistencies in terms of pulling before the alignment. If you drove over the same terrain and did not notice anything wierd then I would take it back to make sure everything was tightened properly.

When I first replaced my springs I had the same problem. Although I hadn't had it aligned yet. It turned out that I improperly installed the struts. There is a white round plastic piece that I went over instead of under. I reinstalled it properly and everything has been perfect ever since. I suspect someone made a boo boo on the installation on your front spring/struts.

Like I said. Go back to the alignment folks first and have them check out and retighten everything they did. If that isn't the cause have the folks that installed your spring/struts make absolute sure everything was installed properly. Turn the wheel all the way left and all the way right listening for any noises. If you hear a click that is a dead giveaway the struts were installed incorrectly.

Good luck my friend.

Check out this link, it will show you/they how everything should be...
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=522434
Old 06-24-2007, 10:06 AM

When I turn the wheels I do hear some clicking. I assumed that the springs/struts needed time to settle but guess not...
Old 06-24-2007, 10:21 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Use the link I provided to print out the pictures. Who-ever checks your suspension should utilize these pictures and I'm pretty sure your troubles will go away.