6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

New to the maxima scene

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 01:53 AM

New to the maxima scene

Well guys im new to this whole maxima scene and i have had a challenges with this car coming from the honda family everything was so easy to come by and now stepping to the nissan family i find it more difficult to find parts for the maxima. I know some people will probably sit there and tell me to search and i will find the answer however i have searched this site a couple of times and i have not been able to find answers maybe someone can help me i have a 07 se and i wanted to upgrade somethings on it i was looking in to getting the front bumper but as some of u already know they dont make no bumpers for the 07 however how hard would it be to convert a 04-06 aftermarket bumper.. also how stable would a fiberglass bumber be.. is it just better to keep the original bumper.. also i didnt get the hids and i want to change the headlights to hid would i have to get hids from a 07 or could i use the ones that come from a 04-06... also are there any companys out there that are working on making a front lip for the maxima
Old 08-15-2007, 03:49 AM

It sounds like you are mainly into looks. So I would start with lowering, rims, and some A/M hid's you can find in the classifieds. Maby throw a grill on there and some exhaust.

All this will make your car look tight...,Afte you get that done then look into some custom body mods or look at other members rides to get ideas.

If it were my car I'd be looking into what can make me beat vetts' and stangs all day long with a fwd V6
Old 08-15-2007, 05:56 AM

Modification/Fabrication

Originally Posted by yellowfellow90
Well guys im new to this whole maxima scene and i have had a challenges with this car coming from the honda family everything was so easy to come by and now stepping to the nissan family i find it more difficult to find parts for the maxima. I know some people will probably sit there and tell me to search and i will find the answer however i have searched this site a couple of times and i have not been able to find answers maybe someone can help me i have a 07 se and i wanted to upgrade somethings on it i was looking in to getting the front bumper but as some of u already know they dont make no bumpers for the 07 however how hard would it be to convert a 04-06 aftermarket bumper.. also how stable would a fiberglass bumber be.. is it just better to keep the original bumper.. also i didnt get the hids and i want to change the headlights to hid would i have to get hids from a 07 or could i use the ones that come from a 04-06... also are there any companys out there that are working on making a front lip for the maxima

Welcome aboard, YellowFellow90! There's actually a lot of aftermarket products for the 6th Gen Maxima, but if you compare to honda not quite. We have several body kits, grills, spoilers, headers, several brand C.A.I, etc....; an the list goes on & on. But to answer your question pertaining to the custom front bumper, is Yes! It can be modified to fit the 07. I do this sort of work for hobby, learned a lot from a buddy of mine who a master fabricator and can modify just about anything on a vehicle. I done body molds, wheel well flares, kits, and lots of engine mods etc........ So if you have someone in your neck of the woods that could perform this sort of work for you, hit them up. Because it's not hard @ all, just takes patience to get it just the way you like it. Plus you'll have choose which front grill you want 2004-2006 or the 2007 if you modify the front bumper.

Old 08-15-2007, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by The Presence
Welcome aboard, YellowFellow90! There's actually a lot of aftermarket products for the 6th Gen Maxima, but if you compare to honda not quite. We have several body kits, grills, spoilers, headers, several brand C.A.I, etc....; an the list goes on & on. But to answer your question pertaining to the custom front bumper, is Yes! It can be modified to fit the 07. I do this sort of work for hobby, learned a lot from a buddy of mine who a master fabricator and can modify just about anything on a vehicle. I done body molds, wheel well flares, kits, and lots of engine mods etc........ So if you have someone in your neck of the woods that could perform this sort of work for you, hit them up. Because it's not hard @ all, just takes patience to get it just the way you like it. Plus you'll have choose which front grill you want 2004-2006 or the 2007 if you modify the front bumper.

well i guess u would be the person to ask since u mess with that kind of stuff how reliable is fiberglass on a front bumper i mean how does it hold up? or is it something that cracks to easy
Old 08-15-2007, 07:31 AM

Appearance

well i guess u would be the person to ask since u mess with that kind of stuff how reliable is fiberglass on a front bumper i mean how does it hold up? or is it something that cracks to easy

I'm sure there's several other members that will be along soon to offer some great advice. When your dealing with fiberglass go with the kitty hair that stuff bonds like metal, you shouldn't have any problems. Hard plastic, soft plastic, flexible rubber, fiberglass, bondo, all of it can crack depending on what type of impact or situation is @ hand. To really reinforce mine I used metal shavings from drilled rotors, it's tiny as salt sprinkle an adds a bit more durability. Or a thin screen of mesh works really well if done properly, you have several option to choose from.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:19 AM

If i were you, i wouldnt change the front bumper to the 04-06 cuz it already looks sporty. About the H.i.D, i agree i'd get the aftermarket ones unless you like how the factory one looks like.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:24 AM

Try and keep a good look to your car. do Rims, Tint and Suspension. then you can also do performance if you looking at Exhaust look at Greddy and HKS etc.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:14 PM

welcome and congrats
Old 08-15-2007, 04:41 PM

thanks guys for all the advice.. i just want a clean looking car im currently looking at some choices of rims to get im tryin to do it right... getting the right offset and the right drop... as for the bumper that they told me not to change it i was thinking of getting the (bodykits website) concept bumper thats the only bumper i have see so far that actually looks decent.. i might just hold out on the bumper to see if they ever come out with one for a 07...
Old 08-15-2007, 05:30 PM

I'm confused a little; you have an 07 and you want to change the front bumper? What do you want to change it to? Many 04-06's want to change their bumpers to the 07 style with the traditional fog placement. What ideas do you have for the front end?

Welcome to the Org.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by BadBlackMaxSL
I'm confused a little; you have an 07 and you want to change the front bumper? What do you want to change it to? Many 04-06's want to change their bumpers to the 07 style with the traditional fog placement. What ideas do you have for the front end?

Welcome to the Org.

im trying to change the bumper to a aftermarket bumper which they only make it for the 04-06 bumpers.. but im debating because its a fiberglass bumper also everyone says that its a low bumper which doesnt bother me cause im use to driving lower cars im just worried about the fact that it will crack and end up looking like crap and the bumper that i want to change it to is on the bodykits dot org website its the concept front bumper..
Old 08-15-2007, 08:47 PM

to get a 04-06 bumper to fit, you need to get 04-06 lamps, and the 04-06 hood..the 07 bumper looks great if you ask me..Welcome to the org.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:09 AM

Welcome Yellow Fellow!

Congrats on your car. I agree with the few that pointed out that you have the desired bumper, why change and take a step back to an 04-06?

Check out www.6thgenmaxima.org also. Lots of help and advice there as well.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:31 AM
GrandPa

Welcome to the org. When you go to the 6th gen org PM Skep, he has done alot of things with his ride. He also lives in your area. Since you have a new car you shouldn't mess with your engine. Let it break-in and think about the warranty. I just came home from South Florida. We had a meet at Markham Park, there were alot of hot 6th gens there. Anything can be done to your tide. It just takes time and money.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y67...t=71dc449d.pbw
Old 08-16-2007, 06:50 AM
*moderator*

First off welcome aboard, and yes the bumper you are referring to is fiberglass, is really low, and will crack on you pretty easily (I know becuase I had/have one (2) and I helped to develop the original) But like blackmax07 said you'd have to change out a lot to get it to fit. I would keep your stock front end. I was sold on the 07 front after I saw o7'silverMAX's ride on the other forum...sweet!

Old 08-16-2007, 04:27 PM

yeah i got the 07 but im tired of seening it with nothing done. im sure alot of u are the same way... are they ever gonna come out with maybe a front lip for our cars? and thanks for the advise everyone i was just woundering about the front end i know alot of people think im crazy for wanting to change the front end but i just like the style of that bumper (low) and since they dont make it for the 07 i thought i would ask before wasting money on something that didnt work. also does anyone any site that sell stuff for the 07
Old 08-16-2007, 07:46 PM

yeah i got the 07 but im tired of seening it with nothing done. im sure alot of u are the same way... are they ever gonna come out with maybe a front lip for our cars? and thanks for the advise everyone i was just woundering about the front end i know alot of people think im crazy for wanting to change the front end but i just like the style of that bumper (low) and since they dont make it for the 07 i thought i would ask before wasting money on something that didnt work. also does anyone any site that sell stuff for the 07

I know everyone likes that 07 Max front bumper, an no doubt it looks good. But that custom front bumper from body kits.com would look bad azz on a 07 model. It's not like it's shaped for a Dodge, Ford, or any other manufactured vehicle. An even so, you can always modify it, if you have that kind of time & patience. That bumper is designed for the late model maxima's 2004-2006, there are some different lines here & there. But I bet you that bad boy would line up, there's sections by the lights & grill that will have to be altered. If you don't mind that minor issue, if not, then go for it brother. I like to step out the box a lot when it comes to hooking up rides, with my max it's been @ a slow pace. An that's because of my promotion @ the hospital, but don't be afraid of this simple task. If it doesn't work out, I'm sure other option will be @ hand, it always is. Plus you'll still have your 07 bumper for back-up, but if you like the custom bumper, an it works out you can make money selling that bad boy. I completed my bumper in a few days, an it had a lot more detail work involved, then what you would be looking @. Holla back...............
Old 08-17-2007, 03:40 AM
GrandPa

Try Stillen.com

Just like when the 6th gen first came out it took time for mods to come out.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:43 AM

Welcome -- I'm new to the scene, too. I've had my 04 SE since last year. My first Nissan, but overall it's been a great car.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:48 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Question for The Presence

Dude! Is that your black Maxima in the picture? I just got a 2004 Maxima and HATE the grille on it...if it is yours, could you tell me where you got that PIMP black grille from?
Old 08-20-2007, 12:54 PM

Hey Jsmith in the first pic you have only your fog lights on. How did you do that? I got an 07 SE and I cant turn my fogs on alone...only with the headlights.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:13 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Welcome to the Org. Please keep your seat backs and tray table in the upright position and enjoy the ride...
Old 08-20-2007, 02:04 PM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

Originally Posted by rabit
Hey Jsmith in the first pic you have only your fog lights on. How did you do that? I got an 07 SE and I cant turn my fogs on alone...only with the headlights.

i think those are aftermarket.... so im sure they have there own switch for on and off... but just hooked up to the battery...

maybe not... hahah
Old 08-20-2007, 04:36 PM

Welcome!!!!
Old 08-21-2007, 05:24 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

does anyone know where i can buy the grille in the picture below?

Old 08-21-2007, 06:03 PM

He made it with the base grille off a Caddy. Pm Presence. I believe he has a write up about it at
ww.6thgenmaxima.org.

His customization is off the hook. Man isn't afraid to step outside the norm and recreate the wheel.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:03 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

any idea what that grill would cost to get created?
Old 08-22-2007, 04:42 PM

Appearance

Originally Posted by jctmax
any idea what that grill would cost to get created?

Jctmax! What's up? Glad to see that your interested in the modified Cadillac CTS grill. It's very simple to construct, so that it fits our maxima's front end. I purchased so many used grills off eBay for dirt cheap. Nothing over $50, an you would be amazed on how many grills that actually match up with a little bit on modification work to fit our maxima's. I'll be added a custom front bumper to my ride soon, so I'll be switching to either a Mercedes grill or just doing a custom mold design for a smoother front end appearance. Below are a few transition pics of the Cadillac Cts grill project:

Old 08-23-2007, 08:36 PM

presence, the car looks awesome man. the grill really brings the front end together nicely.
how big are those rims? do they rub at all?
Old 08-23-2007, 09:56 PM

Maxima Appearance

Originally Posted by aalbatis
presence, the car looks awesome man. the grill really brings the front end together nicely.
how big are those rims? do they rub at all?

Aalbatis! Thanks for the comment, it's very much appreciated.
An to answer your question about the wheel size, they're
22x8.5 with a 38+ offset. An I have "No" scrubbing what-so-ever "Honestly". You might here about a lot of people with 22s that scrub, but that's do to wheels & tires being to wide. Plus if you don't accurately modify certain areas of the rear fender, splash guard, and upgrade suspension components. You'll probably have some problems if you decide to drop it a bit, even with 22x9.0 & 22x9.5 you can perform basic mods to eliminate any scrubbing @ all. Once you adjust the splash guards up front, that handles the front from scrubbing, an the rear fender can be shaved in just a tad or just fender roll if you prefer. Either way helps eliminate the scrubbing, my ride is very comfortable with the Koni Adj Struts, Kyb Adj. shocks, RSB, FSB, FSTB, endlinks, modified coils, etc.......
Later..............

Old 08-26-2007, 03:58 PM
SHIFT_VQPower

That grill looks clean, nice work