6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Dynamat Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 07:11 AM

Dynamat Part 2

So I finally got the "want" to do my rear doors a couple of days ago. It was a fun two nights in a row. First night I did the RSB bushings and end-link bushings until mid-night and then the night after I did the two rear doors until 11ish I think.

The rear doors are REALLY easy to take off. Use a flat-head to pry off the long solver plastic thing and the little cover by the handle. Then use a 10mm socket with an extension to get to the two bolts where you took the silver piece off and then the bolt by the handle. Now just pop the thing off and push up. Now there are only 4 screws holding the door handle on that you have to take off and BAM, it's off!

The first door I just did the outer portion and then I talked to silverfox04 and he said that doing the inner part would be beneficial as well, so I took the door off again and did the inner part and holly crap, knocking on the front door compared to the rear door is a night and day difference!!!

The entire process took me about 4 hours with quite a few half-*** moments and breaks as well. I did both the inner and outer part on BOTH rear doors.

I also took apart the front door but will explain that and post a few pics later.
dan
Old 08-29-2007, 08:11 AM
.org extraordinaire

Damn, thats my next project. i need to do all 4 doors, and the rear parcel shelf.

Kamski
Old 08-29-2007, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by !PrjctMax!
So I finally got the "want" to do my rear doors a couple of days ago. It was a fun two nights in a row. First night I did the RSB bushings and end-link bushings until mid-night and then the night after I did the two rear doors until 11ish I think.

The rear doors are REALLY easy to take off. Use a flat-head to pry off the long solver plastic thing and the little cover by the handle. Then use a 10mm socket with an extension to get to the two bolts where you took the silver piece off and then the bolt by the handle. Now just pop the thing off and push up. Now there are only 4 screws holding the door handle on that you have to take off and BAM, it's off!

The first door I just did the outer portion and then I talked to silverfox04 and he said that doing the inner part would be beneficial as well, so I took the door off again and did the inner part and holly crap, knocking on the front door compared to the rear door is a night and day difference!!!

The entire process took me about 4 hours with quite a few half-*** moments and breaks as well. I did both the inner and outer part on BOTH rear doors.

I also took apart the front door but will explain that and post a few pics later.
dan
I'm under the impression that even on the stock Bose system, dynamating the doors produces a huge difference in sound. I'm looking to keep the Bose and add a sub, but I want them to do exactly what you did and Dynamat EVERYTHING. How does it sound?

By the way, you are awesome.

Woot.

Joshua
Old 08-29-2007, 10:02 AM

When I did the entire rear deck+frame behind the seats and under the rear seat; it made an AMAZING difference. Speakers have no more rattle under hard bass (very minimal, but I still have to dynamat UNDER the rear-deck and I have the non-Bose).

When I did the doors, it seems quieter when driving, but I'm sure it would make a huge difference if you have a LOUD system in the car, as in it would prevent all the rattles that would occur from the sound. Mind you that I have stock audio, just wanted a more "luxurious" and quiet ride, which is why I got this.

All in all, good shiet and the total weight addition would be roughly 50lbs, and that's IF you do all four doors, both inner and outer parts, entire rear deck, under the rear seat, and the entire trunk. So all of those haterz out there that say "omg omg omg, your car must be a dawg now!" should get ed
Old 08-29-2007, 10:08 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

so how much dynamat have you had to use so far?
Old 08-30-2007, 03:46 AM
GrandPa

Very nice work. When can I drop off my car to get this done? lol
Old 08-30-2007, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by cyclopsmd
so how much dynamat have you had to use so far?
Had a total of 15 sheets and I currently have a little more than 2 sheets left over.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by ramberg
Very nice work. When can I drop off my car to get this done? lol
Bring her on down!
Old 08-31-2007, 07:05 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Is niiiiice. Polak potrafi. One more to do things on my list but I will proly change all the speakers at the same time.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by xoomer.com
Is niiiiice. Polak potrafi. One more to do things on my list but I will proly change all the speakers at the same time.
Zeby inne huje to zauwazyli tesz, zamiast zawsze opierdalac Polakuw!
Old 08-31-2007, 07:19 PM

sound deadening ftw. it make a big difference in road noise elimination and improves the sound quality of your audio. nice work!
Old 08-31-2007, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by AscendantMax
sound deadening ftw. it make a big difference in road noise elimination and improves the sound quality of your audio. nice work!
so that's why I put it in?! lol
Old 09-01-2007, 02:31 PM
.org extraordinaire

Zeby inne huje to zauwazyli tesz, zamiast zawsze opierdalac Polakuw!
Zajebiscie!!!! Bo te huje czasami mysla ze to durzo warzy ale w prawdzie to Maxima+Dynamat = M45

Polak potrafi.

Kamski
Old 09-01-2007, 03:42 PM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

Originally Posted by kamilkluczewski
Zajebiscie!!!! Bo te huje czasami mysla ze to durzo warzy ale w prawdzie to Maxima+Dynamat = M45

Polak potrafi.

Kamski
Donde esta la biblioteca??

wtf ... are you guys speaking?

hahah Nice work prjt....

"isnt your car going to be slower now" hahahahahahaha ROFL
Old 09-01-2007, 06:51 PM

We are speaking the Polski! come on now, it only said "Polak" a few times up there!
Old 09-02-2007, 08:34 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Dan don't confuse these two. Polak and Polack are a different.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:01 PM

Dan don't confuse these two. Polak and Polack are a different.
? please explain
Old 09-02-2007, 11:14 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

PrjctMax, post the 411 on where to get the material, great job as always...
Old 09-02-2007, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by chernmax
PrjctMax, post the 411 on where to get the material, great job as always...
That means a lot coming from you, considering you are one of few that is very show worthy and performance worthy as well! Not to put others down, but I'm sure that many would agree with me.

I got the stuff from HIFI Sound Connection, cheapest place that I could find for Dynamat, but the name "Dynamat" is controversial to many on price, so check out the audio/electronics for "better" and "less expensive" sound deadening material, but from the list that I read on there, there were only a few that were worthy, so idk, it's up to you on which brand you actually pick.

I got three of the trunk kits which contain 5 sheets for $65. There is a "bulk pack" that contains 9 sheets that costs $125, but if you do the math, you will get one extra sheet for only $5 more if you get TWO boxes of the trunk kit! As you can tell, I don't just jump over the first thing I see

good luck
dan
Old 09-03-2007, 12:14 AM

That means a lot coming from you, considering you are one of few that is very show worthy and performance worthy as well! Not to put others down, but I'm sure that many would agree with me.

I got the stuff from HIFI Sound Connection, cheapest place that I could find for Dynamat, but the name "Dynamat" is controversial to many on price, so check out the audio/electronics for "better" and "less expensive" sound deadening material, but from the list that I read on there, there were only a few that were worthy, so idk, it's up to you on which brand you actually pick.

I got three of the trunk kits which contain 5 sheets for $65. There is a "bulk pack" that contains 9 sheets that costs $125, but if you do the math, you will get one extra sheet for only $5 more if you get TWO boxes of the trunk kit! As you can tell, I don't just jump over the first thing I see

good luck
dan
Thanks bro, you continue to establish yourself as a respected and competent member on this forum. Great job young blood...
Old 09-03-2007, 08:20 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

? please explain
Polack = we all know what that means

Polak = A person (male) of polish origin (word in polish language, without all the offensive attachments),

Polka = same as above but for female.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:28 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Originally Posted by chernmax
Thanks bro, you continue to establish yourself as a respected and competent member on this forum. Great job young blood...
'

Agreed, one of the young ones with brains.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:50 PM

'

Agreed, one of the young ones with brains.
And in my 44 years, the list is short!!!
Old 09-03-2007, 05:05 PM

There should be a smiley icon that goes like this...:respect:

aha, now I get it, if you actually pronounce them differently then yeah, they do have "different" meanings! lol