6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Warped Rotors, Jerky Ride Etc.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 07:12 PM

Warped Rotors, Jerky Ride Etc.

Hey Guys,

I had my 24K Service done today. I have a few questions and concerns.

Issues:

- Car jerks during high and slow speeds (Stealership says my rotors have built rust on them, hence the jerkiness)

-Apparently, 2 of my tires need to be replaced and that's what's causing the power steering wheel to be stiff, car experiencing vibrations when braking at 100 k

Recommendations by them:

- It was recommended that i get 4 Wheel Alignment done (99$ quote by the stelaership)

- It was recommended that my Front and Rear Rotors be machined (99 $ each so 198 $)

- It was recommended to buy 2 new tires at 333 $ Each ( 99 $ Each to mount and balance)

Now, according to them my rotors have built rust onto them hence the reason why my car jerks and apparently two of my tires need to be replaced. My car jerks for some weird reason and I don't understand why. Could it be because of rotors? It just jerks forward - happens every now and then. Obviously since their prices were rocket high - i haven't done anything but the 24k service.

I need some answers to the following questions.

1) Any idea as to why the car would jerk forward during slow or high speeds?

2) Steering wheel vibrates when hitting the brake at 100 km/h - What's the fix to this?

3) Sometimes, car pulls to right or left. Solution?

4) I had my wiper blades replaced. Should i have gone with better ones or OEM blades work just fine? If so, what do you guys recommend?

5) I was told by my body shop that it's cheaper to buy new rust-proof rotors that are high performance than machine them. If so, what rotors do you guys recommend? Something in the 300 $ Range? Crossed or Drilled or Slotted etc? What brake pads do you guys recommend?

6) Tires: For Winter, which brand do you guys recommend - Something Good but not expensive? Something in the 400-600 $ Range including rims or even without is fine. Oh Also, Can someone tell me our tire sizes for the 18 inch - please?

I thought Nissan would cover some of this but I'm getting charged for everything. It's a 07 and i bought all the warranties and plans thinking it'd be covered but i was wrong. They are asking to pay for everything I've listed so far. I'd really appreciate everyone's advice. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:26 PM
MAXIN' ON

Oh man were to start!
Old 12-04-2007, 08:40 PM

lol, anywhere you want - i need advice. first car, so i'm not sure of all this. so any help would be kindly appreciated
Old 12-04-2007, 08:49 PM

damn sux to have all of this already and especially after getting the warranties and the wont cover nething
Old 12-04-2007, 09:11 PM

um, yeah tell me about it - i used the car during winter, i guess maybe that's why :S i drive it everyday about 100 kms - mix of city and highway driving.

I need some answersssssssssssssssssssssssssss

and redls1, got ur pm - thanks bro

i don't get it, i pay 50 + for this car and they don't cover **** when i bought everything there is to it? and oh i paid 385 $ + taxes for the 24k service.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:32 PM

That all sounds like a load of BS. First off if tires are bad at 24k then there was something wrong with them to begin with. If your driving on Goodyear RSA they're have been a lot of issues with them but shouldnt be bald yet. Check the tread depth, if they haven't warn much and dealer sais they're bad then they should replace for free. I would advice balancing them and rotating the front to the rear if you havent done so yet. Maxima's are Front wheel drive thus most wear would be on front tires. Then drive the car again and see if/what vibrations you have. If the car feels like its vibrating only durring braking you may have warped the rotors. Again rotors should not warp this earlly. Stock rotors do rust after some rain/snow etc but once you do a few hard brakes after driving the vehical that is all gone. I would contact Nissan directly (via 800 # in manual) and explain to them these issue you are having on a relativelly new car and with all the warenties in place you should not pay for repairs of faulty parts. Dealers really care about there customer service rating, when you complain to nissan directly or threaten too they find ways to fix things. Going to another dealer mite also help. If you cant get dealer to cover rotors I would advice getting them replaced elsewhere for less and buy some Brembo rotors, if your not racing/autocrossing just get the stock brembo "blank" replacements (not cross drilled/slotted). As for the alignment if you dont notice uneven tire wear or car pulling to once side then its fine. You said it randomly pulls to one side or the other thats prob road conditions. Lastely if it dosent snow a lot where you live the stock tires will be fine if it does look into Blizzaks if you look on www.tirerack.com you should fine plenty of options. Hope this helped anymore questions just ask, i tried to cover everything.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:36 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Are they going to give you free flowers too after that fcuken???

And if it must be done, go to a local tire place (Tires plus, discount tire, etc.) for the service, cheaper than a Stealership and nothing says a Nissan Stealership has to do the work, at least you'll have a second opinion...
Old 12-05-2007, 07:35 AM

The alignment price sounds right but I don't thinky you need it. I just hit 75k on my 05 and I just replaced the tires. Which could have gone more. Rotors I can agree with, my OEM warped bad after 30k. I switched to drilled and slotted with OEM pads and its much better. Tires yea go to mavis but I wouldn't get the alignment till you get the tires and vibration taken care of. I won't need an alignment on mine till 100k when I do the struts and springs.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:11 AM
MAXIN' ON

Miles dont mean you need or dont need an alignment. If you hit a pot hot hard enough cant that throw your alignemnt out? I suggested if you were going to get it done take it to sears not the dealership. Ive had it done there before or previous cars and they check it for free, if you need it they do it and if you dont they tell you. I also suggesseted that he may do the rotors himself is capable. Take them to autozone or another store that usually charge $15 per rotors. While he has them off he could take and check he brakes system out, learn something and possible note if anything else is wrong. Ive always in the past had the dealership take care of the rotors for free under the 3/36 though in the past.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:52 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Dude get new tires at Costco or TireRack. The dealer will give you BS tires and rape you for them. I mean 333+333+99+99 ads up to $864. That is almost exactly what I paid for my last set (4 tires, mounted and balanced) of BFGs and they were sticky as hell. Now I don't know if you require all-season (or winter) tires but if you live in a state where there is no winter just get UHPS tires and call it a day.

As far as your rotors, don't even think about machining them. They (OEM rotors) are horrible from the get-go and warp like they are going out of style. If you machine them, they'll be even thiner and more prone to warping. Complete waste of money.

Get a set of RotorPros drilled and slotted rotors for about $300 for all 4. They are stronger and are zinc plated so they won't look like crap after short period of time. Add a set of decent pads and you got yourself brand new improved brake setup.

After all is done, just get your alignment done and see the difference.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:28 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by xoomer.com
Dude get new tires at Costco or TireRack. The dealer will give you BS tires and rape you for them. I mean 333+333+99+99 ads up to $864. That is almost exactly what I paid for my last set (4 tires, mounted and balanced) of BFGs and they were sticky as hell. Now I don't know if you require all-season (or winter) tires but if you live in a state where there is no winter just get UHPS tires and call it a day.

As far as your rotors, don't even think about machining them. They (OEM rotors) are horrible from the get-go and warp like they are going out of style. If you machine them, they'll be even thiner and more prone to warping. Complete waste of money.

Get a set of RotorPros drilled and slotted rotors for about $300 for all 4. They are stronger and are zinc plated so they won't look like crap after short period of time. Add a set of decent pads and you got yourself brand new improved brake setup.

After all is done, just get your alignment done and see the difference.
^^^^ What he said ^^^^ and your **** will be new!!!
Old 12-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

sounds like you need a wheel balance, and some good quality drill rotors for the front
Old 12-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Wink. I'll do the rest.

Wow. Talk about rape. This is rape!
I would do what Xoomer said......
Old 12-05-2007, 05:57 PM

Yup, i know sucks to be me ! i did some research and that's what i came up with. What do you recommend?
Old 12-05-2007, 06:10 PM
Wink. I'll do the rest.

Originally Posted by trance.addict
Yup, i know sucks to be me ! i did some research and that's what i came up with. What do you recommend?
I had the dreaded shimmy on my 04 until I changed my wheels/tires. But whatever you do.... get rid of those Goodyears.... they've got to be the worst tires I've ever come across. As for the rotors - absolutely - get rid of the oems as well and get some slotted/drilled rotors....
Old 12-05-2007, 06:20 PM

yup, i'm considering changing the tires to winter tires and definitely upgrading my rotors. wherever i go, i come across people complaining about the goodyears, guess they really do suck.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:20 PM

Hello,

Thanks everybody for the replies. Here's what I've concluded:

1) Rotors: I contacted AutoMax_95 and I was quoted about 385 $ for the setup i.e. Slotted Rotors, Ultimate Brake Pads, SS Brake Lines and ATE Fluid + 130 $ shipping to Canada. He recommended Slotted. What do you guys recommend? I'm definitely into looks and performance so what looks the best and performs the best?

2) Tires: I might consider buying a set of winter tires for my 18 Inch Stock rims. I was considering Bridgestone Blizzak LM-25 (1,144.25) or Michelin Pilot Alpin PA2 (1,144.25) or Pirelli Winter 240 Sottozero (1,117.86). What do you guys recommend? In other words, the cheapest and the best option. I did look into going to 17 Inch Winter Tires & Rims but that'll cost me a fortune so I'm just looking into getting a set for my stock rims. Also, after i get a set of winter tires, I'll mount and balance . Holy ****, I just calculated the prices including shipping and duty, that's a lot still. Hm, I'll try and look for used tires or something local so i can avoid shipping and duty.

3) Wipers: I got my blades replaced with new ones but I came across this offer Valeo Ultimate wiper blades, buy one - get one free and the total comes upto 35.87 $ including shipping and duty? Anyone used this before? If so, what's your experience? Is it really worth upgrading since i just got new blades, well they costed me like 10-15 $ so no big deal.

4) HID: Well, I noticed AutoMax_95 sells HID kits too. My stocks are 4300 K HID's. I was thinking of upgrading my fogs to HID's but i want it to match the stock so he recommended 50 W 4000 K (which is brighter then my stock hid headlights). Do you guys recommend I upgrade the stock headlights too? If so, what's the best temperature rating for both headlights and fogs?

Please advise, Thanks once again.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:31 PM

This sounds like my car and after rotors, an alignment, new tires, religious tire rotation and balancing, I still get jerking in my wheel while moving and braking. The dealer has told you every way to pay for problems that are common to our cars.

I will be curious to see if all your problems are resolved after spending this money. Please keep us updated.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:35 PM

omg, are you serious? why does it happen? ugh. It bothers the hell out of me. I'm seriously considering spending all that money for the ride comfort, safety, looks and performance. your so right, it jerks when it moves and while braking on slow and high speeds. What is the fix to that i don't like the feeling. After all, it's a brand new car. 2007 and i shouldn't be going through all these problems !
Old 12-05-2007, 06:43 PM
MAXIN' ON

I have 2 07 maxima se's . My wifes is all stock and about 17k miles ,no problems. Im at 12.5k but Ive upgraded a little bit and have only really had a problem with my front right strut so far. Guess Ill find out what happens when I get a few more miles.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:47 PM

believe me, i love my baby - she means everything to me, i try and maintain it whenever i get the time. I'm at 27,500 k and i drive her almost everyday so I'm guessing that's why, i live in Canada so harsh weather conditions could be the reason too.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:49 PM

I'm stilll looking for answers to my questions *rolls eyes*

1) Rotors: I contacted AutoMax_95 and I was quoted about 385 $ for the setup i.e. Slotted Rotors, Ultimate Brake Pads, SS Brake Lines and ATE Fluid + 130 $ shipping to Canada. He recommended Slotted. What do you guys recommend? I'm definitely into looks and performance so what looks the best and performs the best?

2) Tires: I might consider buying a set of winter tires for my 18 Inch Stock rims. I was considering Bridgestone Blizzak LM-25 (1,144.25) or Michelin Pilot Alpin PA2 (1,144.25) or Pirelli Winter 240 Sottozero (1,117.86). What do you guys recommend? In other words, the cheapest and the best option. I did look into going to 17 Inch Winter Tires & Rims but that'll cost me a fortune so I'm just looking into getting a set for my stock rims. Also, after i get a set of winter tires, I'll mount and balance . Holy ****, I just calculated the prices including shipping and duty, that's a lot still. Hm, I'll try and look for used tires or something local so i can avoid shipping and duty.

3) Wipers: I got my blades replaced with new ones but I came across this offer Valeo Ultimate wiper blades, buy one - get one free and the total comes upto 35.87 $ including shipping and duty? Anyone used this before? If so, what's your experience? Is it really worth upgrading since i just got new blades, well they costed me like 10-15 $ so no big deal.

4) HID: Well, I noticed AutoMax_95 sells HID kits too. My stocks are 4300 K HID's. I was thinking of upgrading my fogs to HID's but i want it to match the stock so he recommended 50 W 4000 K (which is brighter then my stock hid headlights). Do you guys recommend I upgrade the stock headlights too? If so, what's the best temperature rating for both headlights and fogs?

any answers would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:55 PM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

OK, where do we begin....

1.) RotoPros rotors are cheaper and many of us have them on without any problems and with great results. I have nothing against AutoMax-95 - Your call.

2.) You don't need winter tires unless you have 4-6 months of snow where you live (we used to have them where I lived before, even winter tires wouldn't help sometimes). What you needs is proven Michellin Pilot Sport A/S tires which are $259 a piece at tirerack

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....1=yes&place=12

These will initially make a dent in your wallet but many have had very good reviews about these and their snow performance. Thread wear is great, excellent tire overall, I don't think anyone will disagree with this. If you go with winter tires, they are good only for snow, anything else and they suck (big time!). In 2-3 months you're going to be shelling out another grant for another set of tires. I don't see myself doing that. Your money, your call.

3.) Don't worry and use them untill they start streaking. There is no reason to replace new wipers. I use mine all the time and see absolutelly ZERO difference between any wiper and or brand when they are brand new. They simply work.

From my basic research and some (obviously I haven't used all configurations yet) testing I found that there is no reason to spend "hundreds" on wipers. I am currently using Bosch Icons and they are just a bit better. If you ask me, NOT worth the extra money. Don't get me wrong, they look hip and all, but unless your car is your life, skip it. I am on my second set and the driver side has its problems; the lower part of the wiper does not conform perfectly to the windshield. Unless my windshield is crooked there is no valid explanation that second set has the same exact defect as first (no other brand exhibited this). I have a set of Valeos sitting in the basement waiting for real-world review. Straus had the 26" for $12 and the smaller one (hmmm) 17"??? for like $8 so I picked up a set. If you ask for my honest opinion; Bosch Icons last just a tad longer that any "sh!tty brand" set and from what I see already, soon all the brands will make them looking like that. Again; Your money - your choice.

4.) I don't know which kit is AutoMax currently selling but I got my fogs from him too. I went with 5Ks to match OEM HID headlights. He also offers lifetime warranty for like $10.00 and I think its great, he really stands behind his products and I haven't seen any complains about his HID kits here on the forum.

As Far as your hedlights are concerned, if you are looking for best visibility go with 5K because they are very close to daylight yet will maintain the bool blue look of HIDs. If you go with 4Ks, the light color will be going towards white-yellow; something I don't think anyone wants in their HIDs.

I recommend doing some more research though because many have complained about headlight housing fogging up after upgrade. I don't have this experience as my car came with factory HIDs. Once again, your money - your call.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:25 PM

i just got back from the gym, i'm gonna go eat dinner - come back and post a reply. until then, xoomer - you're amazing, you covered everything - a big THANKS to you !!! i'll make sure i ask you in advance if i need any help whatsoever.

p.s: I live near Toronto, Canada so um yeah we do have harsh weather conditions.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by xoomer.com
OK, where do we begin....

1.) RotoPros rotors are cheaper and many of us have them on without any problems and with great results. I have nothing against AutoMax-95 - Your call.

2.) You don't need winter tires unless you have 4-6 months of snow where you live (we used to have them where I lived before, even winter tires wouldn't help sometimes). What you needs is proven Michellin Pilot Sport A/S tires which are $259 a piece at tirerack

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....1=yes&place=12

These will initially make a dent in your wallet but many have had very good reviews about these and their snow performance. Thread wear is great, excellent tire overall, I don't think anyone will disagree with this. If you go with winter tires, they are good only for snow, anything else and they suck (big time!). In 2-3 months you're going to be shelling out another grant for another set of tires. I don't see myself doing that. Your money, your call.

3.) Don't worry and use them untill they start streaking. There is no reason to replace new wipers. I use mine all the time and see absolutelly ZERO difference between any wiper and or brand when they are brand new. They simply work.

From my basic research and some (obviously I haven't used all configurations yet) testing I found that there is no reason to spend "hundreds" on wipers. I am currently using Bosch Icons and they are just a bit better. If you ask me, NOT worth the extra money. Don't get me wrong, they look hip and all, but unless your car is your life, skip it. I am on my second set and the driver side has its problems; the lower part of the wiper does not conform perfectly to the windshield. Unless my windshield is crooked there is no valid explanation that second set has the same exact defect as first (no other brand exhibited this). I have a set of Valeos sitting in the basement waiting for real-world review. Straus had the 26" for $12 and the smaller one (hmmm) 17"??? for like $8 so I picked up a set. If you ask for my honest opinion; Bosch Icons last just a tad longer that any "sh!tty brand" set and from what I see already, soon all the brands will make them looking like that. Again; Your money - your choice.

4.) I don't know which kit is AutoMax currently selling but I got my fogs from him too. I went with 5Ks to match OEM HID headlights. He also offers lifetime warranty for like $10.00 and I think its great, he really stands behind his products and I haven't seen any complains about his HID kits here on the forum.

As Far as your hedlights are concerned, if you are looking for best visibility go with 5K because they are very close to daylight yet will maintain the bool blue look of HIDs. If you go with 4Ks, the light color will be going towards white-yellow; something I don't think anyone wants in their HIDs.

I recommend doing some more research though because many have complained about headlight housing fogging up after upgrade. I don't have this experience as my car came with factory HIDs. Once again, your money - your call.
Sorry, I wasn't able to reply yesterday.

Here's what I've concluded so far

1) Tires: I've decided on these badboys

Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position @ 198 $ Each

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....nSpeedRating=V

I spoke to a local bodyshop who's worked on my car and the Canadian price is unbelievable. Almost 500 $ Each and the cost price he can get them for is 310 $ - He told me get these ASAP from tirerack.com I've read the reviews and you surely made a point as to why spend again in the summer - I Can't lol, Where do i get 2000$ + for a set of winter tires and summer tires. Nah, I rather pay once and get the best All-Season Tires. Now, I'm thinking if i were to get the Bridgestone, I could sell the Good Years for a price and save some money that way.

What do you say? The Michelins are nice but mad pricey. I read the reviews for the Bridgestone and everyone's rated the tire pretty high.

2) Rotors/Pads: I spoke to Rotorpros and he's asked me to send him an e-mail and he'd send me a quote back. Also, I'm still confused as to what i should get

1) Slotted OR
2) Drilled and Slotted (These surely look good so I'm leaning towards these)

Pads: Hawk HPS Steet Pads or Hawk Performance Ceramic Brake Pads

(I'm not sure which one Rotorpros carries but this is what i came across on tirerack.com)

3) Wipers: Yeah, I won't bother changing them for now as I just got new blades, Maybe next year or so.

4) HID's: I'm still wondering if i should just change the PIAA Fog bulbs i have to HID or do a full HID setup as my car came with 4300K HID.

Oh yeah, After i get this done, I might get my calipers painted black with the nissan lettering but I'm thinking if i should leave that to the Summer. Also, do you guys suggest getting Progress Springs/KYB Struts and Progress RSB or leave that to the summer?

What do you guys think? Let me know. Thanks for the help so far.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:22 PM

Bump !
Old 12-06-2007, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by trance.addict
Sorry, I wasn't able to reply yesterday.

Here's what I've concluded so far

1) Tires: I've decided on these badboys

Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position @ 198 $ Each

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....nSpeedRating=V

I spoke to a local bodyshop who's worked on my car and the Canadian price is unbelievable. Almost 500 $ Each and the cost price he can get them for is 310 $ - He told me get these ASAP from tirerack.com I've read the reviews and you surely made a point as to why spend again in the summer - I Can't lol, Where do i get 2000$ + for a set of winter tires and summer tires. Nah, I rather pay once and get the best All-Season Tires. Now, I'm thinking if i were to get the Bridgestone, I could sell the Good Years for a price and save some money that way.

What do you say? The Michelins are nice but mad pricey. I read the reviews for the Bridgestone and everyone's rated the tire pretty high.

2) Rotors/Pads: I spoke to Rotorpros and he's asked me to send him an e-mail and he'd send me a quote back. Also, I'm still confused as to what i should get

1) Slotted OR
2) Drilled and Slotted (These surely look good so I'm leaning towards these)

Pads: Hawk HPS Steet Pads or Hawk Performance Ceramic Brake Pads

(I'm not sure which one Rotorpros carries but this is what i came across on tirerack.com)

3) Wipers: Yeah, I won't bother changing them for now as I just got new blades, Maybe next year or so.

4) HID's: I'm still wondering if i should just change the PIAA Fog bulbs i have to HID or do a full HID setup as my car came with 4300K HID.

Oh yeah, After i get this done, I might get my calipers painted black with the nissan lettering but I'm thinking if i should leave that to the Summer. Also, do you guys suggest getting Progress Springs/KYB Struts and Progress RSB or leave that to the summer?

What do you guys think? Let me know. Thanks for the help so far.
1. Yokohama Avids and the Yokohama YK520's are excellent tires. Simply excellent. I've had them in the rain and snow, great all seasons. Not that expensive either. Look at discount tire's website as well as Tire rack. Compare prices.

2. I'm personally torn on Drilled/Slotted. First of all, they do nothing but make your car look better, period, regardless of what people say. You'll never know a difference, and you'll get better braking with blanks. Heat transfer is a thing of the past. I would go with Slotted if anything, Drilled has a tendency to crack. No, not everyones. No, not everytime. But it isn't worth the risk to me. I've seen it happen.

3. Wipers, eh, who cares. Autozone or something. Cheap wipers have always worked fine for me.

4. No opinion, know nothing about them.

My calipers are black. I recommend NOTHING but G2 Caliper paint. Hands down, the best paint. Will not chip, fade, or crack. Has built in hardener. I would wait till summer for that.

If you want to save money, lower the car on the stock shocks/struts. Many people have done this without issue, and I plan to do it myself. Get the RSB/Endlinks V2. Will change your world.

Hope that helps.

Joshua
Old 12-06-2007, 04:48 PM

Oh, and let me add - go to the wheels/tire section of this site, more information there than you can shake a stick at.

Joshua
Old 12-06-2007, 06:12 PM
GrandPa

I have the rotorpro drilled/sloted rotors and Hawk HPS brake pads and love them. I use aftermarket wipers and have Yokohama tires. If you have Goodyear RSA tires chk for cracks. I had to change mine twice before I brought the Yokohama tires.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by philoforlife
1. Yokohama Avids and the Yokohama YK520's are excellent tires. Simply excellent. I've had them in the rain and snow, great all seasons. Not that expensive either. Look at discount tire's website as well as Tire rack. Compare prices.

2. I'm personally torn on Drilled/Slotted. First of all, they do nothing but make your car look better, period, regardless of what people say. You'll never know a difference, and you'll get better braking with blanks. Heat transfer is a thing of the past. I would go with Slotted if anything, Drilled has a tendency to crack. No, not everyones. No, not everytime. But it isn't worth the risk to me. I've seen it happen.

3. Wipers, eh, who cares. Autozone or something. Cheap wipers have always worked fine for me.

4. No opinion, know nothing about them.

My calipers are black. I recommend NOTHING but G2 Caliper paint. Hands down, the best paint. Will not chip, fade, or crack. Has built in hardener. I would wait till summer for that.

If you want to save money, lower the car on the stock shocks/struts. Many people have done this without issue, and I plan to do it myself. Get the RSB/Endlinks V2. Will change your world.

Hope that helps.

Joshua
Thanks a lot for your replies.

I am so confused lol

These are the tires I've come down to

1) Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position @ 198 Ea
2) Goodyear Eagle F1 All Season @ 199 Ea
3) Yokohama YK520 @ 173 Ea

Which ones should i go for?

I've decided to go with Rotorpros Slotted Rotors as drilled are likely to endure cracks and warping etc, right? Also -

Can someone explain what's the benefits to wheel spacers apart from looks? do you recommend them and if so, what are the cheapest high quality spacers available? Finally, I understand if i go from 245 to 255 or 265 and would that fit the stock 07 18 inch rims, that means a wider tire. Do you guys recommend that for all-season performance - mind you, I live in Canada so it heavily snows here.

Please advise.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:21 PM

Bump
Old 12-07-2007, 05:03 PM

Update: Spoke to Rotorpros

Here's what they offered me -

I've decided to go with dimpled and slotted rotors as dimpled will not crack the rotors like drilled so i'm still safe yet get the looks and performance.

- Dimpled and Slotted Rotors
- Hawk Performance Pads
- SS Brake Lines

Total: 400 $ Shipped

What do you guys think? Unfortunately, they won't be able to provide me with ATE super blue brake fluid. Any places you know where i can it for cheap?

Also, I'm thinking of getting a full suspension setup i.e.

Progress Lowering Springs
Progress RSB
KYB Struts

Total: 583 $ Including Shipping to Canada.

I'm still confused which tire to buy - Brigestone or Yokohoma or GoodYear i.e.

Finally, I understand if i go from 245 to 255 or 265 and would that fit the stock 07 18 inch rims, that means a wider tire. Do you guys recommend that for all-season performance - mind you, I live in Canada so it heavily snows here.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:06 PM

P.S: Do you think i should just do the suspension setup in summer? The car's at 27500 K right now.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:42 PM

The car jerking first of all is not the rotors it would be a vibrating under braking. It sounds like you just need to find another shop or dealership because they are taking you for a ride.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:18 PM

These are the tires I've come down to

I came down to the same ones. I went with the F1s. Michelins just didn't offer much more to justify the bigger pricetag. I think you should choose either the F1 or the Potenzas. Both will give you same performance.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:27 PM

oh yeah....how would you rate the F1's?

have you driven them in snow - if so, how do they perform? let me know cause i'm seriously consider 1 of the 3 choices.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:03 AM

I love the F1s. The ride is as good if not a little nicer than the RSAs. On dry pavement they are a little more responsive. Awesome wet traction. We had some real bad road conditions when we had some snow last week and the F1s did well. On the highway they behaved well on some icy side roads they did good too. Some sliding but it was a sheet of ice and only chains would have given you traction. When I got to work the parking lot was empty so I did some high speed testing. They again did great in the snow. The tires actually work real good with the ABS. My summation is that the F1 is definately a nice sub for the RSA. Cheaper. Good ride and quiet at all speeds. Awesome wet and dry traction and good performance in ice and snow.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:36 AM

Had same prob on my car the rotors need to be machines, not b/c of rust thats idiotic, but b/c the rotors are unevenly worn so when the brake pads catch the rotor it creats a jerky skipping feeling. You can get a much better deal on tires and alignment somewhere else like NTB if you have those by you. I found some nice tires for my Max on tirerack.com. They are $170 a piece and are rated highly unlike the stock goodyears which are $270 and rated poorly in their category.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:23 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Originally Posted by NIKV69
I love the F1s. The ride is as good if not a little nicer than the RSAs......

You've got a problem if your tires are a little nicer then RSAs, HUGE PROBLEM!
Old 12-08-2007, 10:36 AM

mMm....alright here's what I've decided:

Brakes: Rotorpros Dimpled and Slotted, Hawk Performance Pads and SS Brake lines. 400 $ Shipped which to me is an excellent price.Unfortunately, they don't ship brake fluid so I'm thinking of getting it off Ebay. Now there's ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid and Motul 600 - Which one do you guys recommend?

Tires: Still Confused lol, I'll do some more research. It's between Bridgestone Potenzas, GoodYear F1 and Yokohma YK520.

Suspension: Progress Springs & RSB, KYB GR2's and RL Endlinks

My concern: Wait until summer to do suspension or get it done right now. I'm surely thinking of getting the Endlinks if not the entire suspension.

Question: What does 255 and 265 do in terms of tires? I know it's wider but can i fit any of these on the regular stock 07 wheels? If so, I know it looks good but what about performance on these tires? I'm talking about All-Season.

Last edited by trance.addict; 12-08-2007 at 11:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Warped Rotors, Jerky Ride Etc.