6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

ignorance = bliss?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 01:12 PM

ignorance = bliss?

get the y pipe then headers , then tune it with e manage , or the new apexi doing the ts reflash now and then addid **** on will not make any sence , and plus i heard few bad things about TS , better Pro tune it and then since you will have the device you'll be tunning it if some other mods that may come out in the future or w.e. DONT EVEN THINK ts'ing it now lol
Old 02-13-2008, 01:13 PM

lol if i had a max like yours super fresh with big rims , and auto i'd never do performance mods tho
Old 02-13-2008, 01:48 PM
dot dot dot ...

Where as I can agree with the big wheel statement, I will diagree on the AT statement just because Nissan wised up and finally added a 5AT, and so far, these things make power regardless of being auto AND, in reference to the timeslip data base, I have yet to see, stock for stock, a faster 6MT (5AT vs 6MT)
Old 02-13-2008, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by vQ35LIFE
i heard few bad things about TS

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
Where as I can agree with the big wheel statement, I will diagree on the AT statement just because Nissan wised up and finally added a 5AT, and so far, these things make power regardless of being auto AND, in reference to the timeslip data base, I have yet to see, stock for stock, a faster 6MT (5AT vs 6MT)
Thank you
Old 02-13-2008, 03:39 PM

i heard few bad things about TS ,
what things??
Old 02-13-2008, 04:28 PM
dot dot dot ...

What lies did you hear?
Old 02-13-2008, 08:56 PM

WTF are you guys talking about ? your in lala land if you say so , or you just make your self feel good , because a 5 speed auto will never perform as a 6 speed manual. As for now all i have is an intake because i had to take my car to the dealer , i will take it off and run here any fully bolt ond auto maxima here and it will not have a chance with me , RAMBERG told me he trapped 98 mph in a 1/4 mile and he has every mod possible and that is extra slow , plus the gearing ratio is diff. on the 6th gen 6 speed it is much faster than the 5.5 6speed , because the 5.5 gen DIES after 3rd gear , btw here's a video of my max i want to see you do same on your auto max , this is a 350z 6 speed he runs 13.9 @ 100 mph , and i pulled like 2 cars on him ,all i had is sp2 and CAI , and if you think im a ricer i'll have the guy register to this the forum and post the slip for you , i don't want to say anything bad but you cannot compare a 5 speed vs a 6 speed it is a big difference , anyone to disagree can have a friendly run with me on a closed course ofcourse lol =] , and i mean his car is hot as hell and most of the guys here have hot and clean 6th gens , but i'm just saying if my max would be auto id deff spend all the money on looks , interior , sound etc just my 02 cents =]

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QXj9DXF3gMA
Old 02-13-2008, 09:00 PM

and about the TS , didn't some1 from this or 6thgen forum reflashed it and dynod it and had a power loss ??????? and had to send it back etc , i don't remm. the outcome
Old 02-13-2008, 09:02 PM
dot dot dot ...

Your car is God, that is all.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:04 PM

NA don't say that
Old 02-13-2008, 09:13 PM

WTF are you guys talking about ? your in lala land if you say so , or you just make your self feel good , because a 5 speed auto will never perform as a 6 speed manual. As for now all i have is an intake because i had to take my car to the dealer , i will take it off and run here any fully bolt ond auto maxima here and it will not have a chance with me , RAMBERG told me he trapped 98 mph in a 1/4 mile and he has every mod possible and that is extra slow , plus the gearing ratio is diff. on the 6th gen 6 speed it is much faster than the 5.5 6speed , because the 5.5 gen DIES after 3rd gear , btw here's a video of my max i want to see you do same on your auto max , this is a 350z 6 speed he runs 13.9 @ 100 mph , and i pulled like 2 cars on him ,all i had is sp2 and CAI , and if you think im a ricer i'll have the guy register to this the forum and post the slip for you , i don't want to say anything bad but you cannot compare a 5 speed vs a 6 speed it is a big difference , anyone to disagree can have a friendly run with me on a closed course ofcourse lol =] , and i mean his car is hot as hell and most of the guys here have hot and clean 6th gens , but i'm just saying if my max would be auto id deff spend all the money on looks , interior , sound etc just my 02 cents =]

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QXj9DXF3gMA
Dude, you are in the 6th gen forum. Who is talking about a 5.5 ??? Oh and as for the 6th gens go, stock for stock, i believe the 5AT will beat the 6MT. NO MT driver will EVER shift as fast as an Auto tranny.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:23 PM

LMAO dude no comments it seems like you don't know **** about cars , 1st of all i choose the rpm's myself and 2nd of all please watch the video and listen how i shift lmao your halarious , the only car auto that is faster than manual is like the new 911 because the auto on it is like f1 , and you guys have reg. transmissions , w.e. i shouldnt be even commenting back if you say 5 auto will shift faster than 6 mt , please watch the video again thank you =]
Old 02-13-2008, 09:38 PM

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=553710

Ok you sound like a little 15 year old hater i swear , if your so confident about your car why don't you run me ? ill put my whole bank account on it , i ****ing hate how ignorant some people are , he's watching a video of a max pulling on a 350z that runs 100 mph in a 1/4 mile , go to forums.clubrsx.com the guy is kleefstoni1 he is the owner of the 350z , and ask him if you think im BS'ing , the 5 speed auto will never perform as a 6 speed manual , that reffers almost to any car and any make and if your such a RACER you should know that by now
Old 02-13-2008, 10:21 PM

...it has been done quite a few times...6th gen-5spd auto is quicker than a 6spd manual from a STOP

NmexMAX-discuss

Ok you sound like a little 15 year old hater i swear , if your so confident about your car why don't you run me ? ill put my whole bank account on it , i ****ing hate how ignorant some people are , he's watching a video of a max pulling on a 350z that runs 100 mph in a 1/4 mile , go to forums.clubrsx.com the guy is kleefstoni1 he is the owner of the 350z , and ask him if you think im BS'ing , the 5 speed auto will never perform as a 6 speed manual , that reffers almost to any car and any make and if your such a RACER you should know that by now
I find it ironic how there have been a lot of "age bashers" on the org lately, when the basher isn't even literate...

I'll run you

Last edited by !PrjctMax!; 02-13-2008 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:33 PM

lmao from a STOP up to what 20MPH ????? where do you live ? let's have a run lmao i just can't wait to run your slow AUTO MAX , YES I wont argue it may be better form a stop if a driver of the 6 spee can't launch the car properly and can't shift good , but if you shift GOOD , im not even saying perfect , but good , the 6 speed will be much faster and even if the auto will be faster from the stop , it's only because A) it's going to loose a lot of traction , B) have the rpm's very low but any way it will catch up right away w.e. i shouldn't even be talking about it , any car enthusiast know that a manual car of any make and model is faster than an auto and your just jelous you can't drive manual , i really want to run you , ill drive 3 hours if i have to just to prove your wrong , get back at me on when and where we can do it i don't even care what modds you have ill come stock . Hope i'll hear soon from you , thanks .

Last edited by vQ35LIFE; 02-13-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:35 PM

Wow, you want to slow your roll there? I can drive stick fairly well, and you should do a little more research before you say that ANY make is faster in manual than auto...

I'm in this for the experimentation/fun, but you seem like the ignorant one here

Chicago area

We can experiment from different MPH then, yes?

Last edited by !PrjctMax!; 02-13-2008 at 10:38 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:45 PM

chicago is far lol , bro im not saying ANY but most , list the cars that are faster in auto probably only a new 911 , if you know FELIX he used to be a member here or on the nycmaximas , he's from bklyn RAMBERG knows him , he was fully boltn ond auto with headers , apexi , pulley , catback , cai , etc , etv and i had just an intake and my car was like still brand new , we did a 1st gear roll up to like 100 and i pulled a fender on him and he had EVERYTHING possible , he also didn't expect that coming
Old 02-13-2008, 10:47 PM

and bro your cars cant even keep up to an 06 g35 SEDANS , my car is head to head with 06 g35 coupe 6 SPEED ! STOCK FOR STOCK my best friend owned one for a 1 year lease special they had lst year
Old 02-13-2008, 10:54 PM

One that I've always read/heard about was the last generation of the Firebirds/Trans Am, w/e you want to call them...the auto gearing was faster than the manual gearing.

Maybe your friend sucks at driving? Stop saying "my car," when you don't even know what I have...I'm not trying to make it sound like I have f/i, but you get my drift...and temperature, humidity, elevation, all that make a difference with "times."

http://forums.maxima.org/showpost.ph...9&postcount=77g

And why are you comparing the G stock vs. 6th gen stock when it has "15hp" more, weighs a little less, and is RWD?

Maybe you have a factory freak, or everyone that you race against suck?

You know Manny from Clinton, Maryland? Forgot his s/n here

Last edited by !PrjctMax!; 02-13-2008 at 10:59 PM.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:29 PM

YES a factory freak , thank you. Everyone also argue with me just like the guy with the 350z on the video i posted , he was like " ILL SMOKE YOU BACKWARDS " lol and when i came down he was surprised as hell that i smoked him , also the guy on the FULLY boltn ond 05 rsx-s but he took me after 4th gear by a little because we did 2nd gear roll , if we did 1st gear he wouldnt catch up because his low end tq is horrible , but he was like no WAYYYY he's like your spraying lol , but anyway Yes in some cases auto is faster but the nissans 350z , altimas , maximas , the manuals have to be faster because the auto is not that really good on it and i drove it and it felt deff slower , w.e lol im not going to argue no more i just say what i've experienced , i also have the vid with rsx if you want to see
Old 02-14-2008, 04:16 AM

chicago is far lol , bro im not saying ANY but most , list the cars that are faster in auto probably only a new 911 , if you know FELIX he used to be a member here or on the nycmaximas , he's from bklyn RAMBERG knows him , he was fully boltn ond auto with headers , apexi , pulley , catback , cai , etc , etv and i had just an intake and my car was like still brand new , we did a 1st gear roll up to like 100 and i pulled a fender on him and he had EVERYTHING possible , he also didn't expect that coming
There are a lot of factors that come into play with that scenario. Tuning, weight, temp, etc.

and bro your cars cant even keep up to an 06 g35 SEDANS , my car is head to head with 06 g35 coupe 6 SPEED ! STOCK FOR STOCK my best friend owned one for a 1 year lease special they had lst year
I have....I was at his bumper.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:31 AM

I think this is becoming a flame war and thread crapping. Someone get us back on topic?
Old 02-14-2008, 05:33 AM
MAXIN' ON

I was gonna get the TS flash but they dont offer it for the 07 yet. I even offered to send them my ecu but they wanted the car for testing. Oh well to far for me.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by redls1
I was gonna get the TS flash but they dont offer it for the 07 yet. I even offered to send them my ecu but they wanted the car for testing. Oh well to far for me.

That's odd that they asked for your car. I was the first 06 max to get it done and they had my ECU for 2 weeks. I had to send back a few times before they got it right but it works well.
Old 02-14-2008, 06:22 AM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by !PrjctMax!
NmexMAX-discuss
Lost cause, he wont see it my way, and cannot provide quantitative proof otherwise, so it would be a pointless pissing contest.
Old 02-14-2008, 07:22 AM
SuPeRmOd

wow well FYI

Auto 6th gens have shown faster track times than
Manual 6th Gens.