6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Truck=1 6thGen=1: update with pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 04:09 PM

Truck=1 6thGen=1: update with pics

Old 05-24-2008, 04:13 PM

Wow, are you alright??? Whats the story behind that?
Old 05-24-2008, 04:14 PM
TAZ
Supporting Maxima.org Member

ouch! I hope you were not in the car at the time. At least it's fixable
Old 05-24-2008, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by CustomLowz
Wow, are you alright??? Whats the story behind that?
Im ok, thanks. Maxie was parked in the street while i was at work. Get a call on my cell that i should come back to the shop cuz my car got hit. So i get there and heres my car in pieces and the truck that hit it left the scene. We have cameras on our building so i checked the system and found the truck that hit it. White box truck with graffiti all over it. No sooner do i go back outside here comes the dude driven past. We followed him till he stopped and told him that we got him on camera. By the time we got back to the car the cops were there, so i explained my story. Dude got a summons for leaving the scene of an accident and now my baby is in the body shop.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:18 PM
SHIFT_In2D

OMGGGG noooo Was it the garbage truck in the pics??

What happened there!?!?! Who's at fault?

Ooh you posted before me. WOW still I hope you'll get fully reimbursed I would have kicked his hit and run ***. Really messed up
Old 05-24-2008, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jess
OMGGGG noooo Was it the garbage truck in the pics??

What happened there!?!?! Who's at fault?

Ooh you posted before me. WOW still I hope you'll get fully reimbursed I would have kicked his hit and run ***. Really messed up
LOL...the garbage truck is what i drive. I parked it there when i pulled up to the "scene". This sux !!
Old 05-24-2008, 04:28 PM

^^04MAX clearly stated what happened in his summary. Car was parked..got side swiped by WHITE box truck not truck in pic. DUMB A$$ drove back pass the scene of hit and run, apprehended and summons was given. Hope you get your baby back soon bro. Are you going to be able to replace that front bumper or get it fixed??
Old 05-24-2008, 05:21 PM

Damn man that hurts to look at, looks all minor just cosmetic, what are they gonna do with the front bumper, is that fiber glass or urethane.

Good Luck and sweet ride
Old 05-24-2008, 05:21 PM

glad ur good and u got that ******* who tried to leave. also im going to state what a dumbass that guy is for comin bak to the scene, even though he got caught what a dumbass
Old 05-24-2008, 08:21 PM

you should have curb stomped the guy from the truck...just my 2 cents
Old 05-24-2008, 08:26 PM

Oh man, that tanks! What a pretty car too!

Thankfully you got him! Did he not realize he nailed your car? I have had FedEx trucks gently brush vehicles in our neighborhood and they literally cannot feel it. We have to call it in.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by 04MAX_ILLIN
Im ok, thanks. Maxie was parked in the street while i was at work. Get a call on my cell that i should come back to the shop cuz my car got hit. So i get there and heres my car in pieces and the truck that hit it left the scene. We have cameras on our building so i checked the system and found the truck that hit it. White box truck with graffiti all over it. No sooner do i go back outside here comes the dude driven past. We followed him till he stopped and told him that we got him on camera. By the time we got back to the car the cops were there, so i explained my story. Dude got a summons for leaving the scene of an accident and now my baby is in the body shop.

Ouch, that looks really bad. Scrapped the heck out of it. I am so glad you end up catching that guy. Sweet justice. So does he have insurance to pay for that?
Old 05-24-2008, 10:51 PM

dammmm. that sucks big time. good thing you got that fool.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by STARR
Damn man that hurts to look at, looks all minor just cosmetic, what are they gonna do with the front bumper, is that fiber glass or urethane.

Good Luck and sweet ride
Front bumper may be fixable, we'll see. If not, ill see if i can get i back and give it away to someone on the org cuz i know its not damamged that much. Oh and its fiberglass.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Shoey1
you should have curb stomped the guy from the truck...just my 2 cents
I agree. If there wasnt 4 NYPD boys there i just may have stomped him out.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by 4MySwee
Oh man, that tanks! What a pretty car too!

Thankfully you got him! Did he not realize he nailed your car? I have had FedEx trucks gently brush vehicles in our neighborhood and they literally cannot feel it. We have to call it in.
Oh no he realized he hit it. There was noone around at the time so thats why he left rather then leaving me his info on the car or something.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Apollos2
Ouch, that looks really bad. Scrapped the heck out of it. I am so glad you end up catching that guy. Sweet justice. So does he have insurance to pay for that?
Yes, yes he did. Cut open the whole car like a can of tuna. Insurance is a beautiful thing.
Old 05-25-2008, 01:13 AM

Yes, yes he did. Cut open the whole car like a can of tuna. Insurance is a beautiful thing.
Holy crap! Sorry about your maxie! That really suck! Is your brand new tail lens scratched or just the light reflection? Make sure you go to a good shop!
Old 05-25-2008, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by IHAVEA2KMAXIMA
Holy crap! Sorry about your maxie! That really suck! Is your brand new tail lens scratched or just the light reflection? Make sure you go to a good shop!
Just a reflection, thank god. My new tails and my blacked out headlights didnt get damaged. I was soo happy about that. The car right now is at a really good shop by me. They do alot of high end cars so the maxie should be no problem.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:12 PM

Just makes you wonder why he returned to the scene? Guilt? Curiosity? Second thoughts about leaving the scene?

Just guessing.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:37 PM

...we're not even safe parked!

Last edited by Mikesima; 05-25-2008 at 08:35 PM.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:07 PM

Damn glad you are ok
Old 05-26-2008, 06:20 AM
name came from hairdryer

Sorry for your loss.
Hope they can fix your bumper.
If not I'll come down and take it off your hands
Glad to hear he didn't touch any of your lights.
Old 05-26-2008, 06:30 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

It can be fixed and luckily it looks more like scraping damage verse frame bending damage. WOW never seen a door peeled back like that??? Good luck Bro...

Also a great time to have the whole RLM bumper refiber glassed. Mine came out awesome looking after having it redone. Looked smoother...

Oh and WTF, that big *** street isn't wide enough for a dumbass driving a box truck in comparison to the sanitation truck you drive. Freakin IDIOTS!!!

Last edited by chernmax; 05-26-2008 at 06:36 AM.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by MaXXXpower
Sorry for your loss.
Hope they can fix your bumper.
If not I'll come down and take it off your hands
Glad to hear he didn't touch any of your lights.
LOL we'll see what happens. If it is totalled out then im going to see about a buy back so i can part it out. I think thats how it works. Im ecstatic about my lights not being touched as well. I got the LED tails and i blacked out the head light housings and put in another HID kit in my fogs soo i spent some dollars and im glad its not wasted.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by chernmax
It can be fixed and luckily it looks more like scraping damage verse frame bending damage. WOW never seen a door peeled back like that??? Good luck Bro...

Also a great time to have the whole RLM bumper refiber glassed. Mine came out awesome looking after having it redone. Looked smoother...

Oh and WTF, that big *** street isn't wide enough for a dumbass driving a box truck in comparison to the sanitation truck you drive. Freakin IDIOTS!!!
Yes it does look like it can be fixed, costly though. The rear quarter panel has a bad gash in it near the door jam so we'll see what the estimate is for repair on that.
As for the RLM front bumper, i do plan on having it completely re-done or even replaced, with a few bucks outta pocket im sure but either way it will be new looking upon completion.
LOL and yes once again. The street is wide enough. The Mack garbage truck that i drive has never hit a car on the block but a small P O S Isuzu box truck cant make it without destroying my baby?!?! WTF man. I have the worst luck. This was the icing on the cake btw. In October 07 i purchased a 2007 Yamaha R6 sportbike. In March 08 it was totalled by a friend of mine. Come to find, I DONT HAVE FULL COVERAGE!!! Total still due on it....$11,500 approx.
Thanks guys for the rear end job ya did on me with no lube!!!
Old 05-26-2008, 08:30 AM
SmokinMaxSE

Wow, I think the side handles impact better than the front does.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:43 AM

Glad you are ok, as for the max it looks like its in good hands, hope you get your car soon, I know what it feels like to be separated for long periods of time
Old 05-26-2008, 02:36 PM

Man, I happy to hear that you're OK...It's a crying shame about the car....WTF was the guy driving on? LSD, crack or something? I would check your rear LED...from the pic it looks scratched too and the led housing inside looks out of alignment...What an @$$. Funny thing about Karma eh? That guys gotta be stupid to leave the scene like that. With all the laws in the USA so much more severe than in Canada, I wonder what he'll get for leaving the scene. In Canada they raised the fine for that and it's very severe....like a thousand dollar fine and demerit points, drivers license suspension and his ride will get impounded. His insurance might not even renew him for that stunt too! He deserves everthing bad coming to him...bad enough he hits a parked car...then decides to leave and then comes back for seconds? Weird! Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get her back in shape quickly. Have faith and in the mean time take it easy.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:37 AM

Dam man sorry about your whip,glad your gettin it fix
Old 05-31-2008, 11:52 AM
Wink. I'll do the rest.

Ouch! That sucks!
Old 05-31-2008, 12:00 PM

Feels good to get the ****** on camera. Id want to rip his still beating heart out for leaving the scene. Im mad typing this. Glad to see that the guy is a dumb *** for returning to the scene, even though you had his plate.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:00 PM

good to hear that no one was in the car, i'm a hot head, there would of been a very good chance i would of beaten the holly hell out of him, hopefully you get your baby back....
Old 05-31-2008, 06:48 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I can't quite tell by the pictures, but if there is pillar damage, and if the body shop has to replace where the build plate is, make DARN sure that they put the build plate back on the vehicle exactly where its supposed to be. If not, the car will not be worth shiznit to a dealer because it won't be saleable retail, and you won't get crap for trade-in.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:05 AM

......Come to find, I DONT HAVE FULL COVERAGE!!! Total still due on it....$11,500approx. ....
Are you saying you don't have full coverage on your car? I guess that probably won't matter since his insurance will have to pay for it. If that's the case, maybe they will just cut you a check and you can fix it how you want to.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Apollos2
Are you saying you don't have full coverage on your car? I guess that probably won't matter since his insurance will have to pay for it. If that's the case, maybe they will just cut you a check and you can fix it how you want to.
No, i was talking about my motorcycle in that sentence. My car has full coverage and is paid off already. Insurance cut me a check for $7862.00 to fix my car. It should be done in about 2 more weeks. Well worth the wait tho i think. Im getting my RLM bumper re-finished, rear bumper re-finished, 07 wing (OEM) purchased and installed and the obvious other **** fixed on the car so im happy.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:29 PM

$7862 in damages? Good thing I'm not a body person, because I would have wagered that it would have been more than that.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:47 PM

$7862 in damages? Good thing I'm not a body person, because I would have wagered that it would have been more than that.
So if it happens to cost more then the Insurance company is gonna have to pay, but depends on how both parties do it.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:52 PM

This was the icing on the cake btw. In October 07 i purchased a 2007 Yamaha R6 sportbike. In March 08 it was totalled by a friend of mine. Come to find, I DONT HAVE FULL COVERAGE!!! Total still due on it....$11,500 approx.
Thanks guys for the rear end job ya did on me with no lube!!!
At least you have your health so the bike is gone and your paying it off, is your friend helping you out, is he still your friend or did he fall into the back of that truck when no one was around
Old 06-02-2008, 04:46 AM

Actually $8862.00 in damages but insurance deducts the $1000 that is my deductable.

Quick Reply: Truck=1 6thGen=1: update with pics