6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

How do you feel about 6th gens future?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 11:26 PM

How do you feel about 6th gens future?

well this i believe this is my 1st thread ever started on the 6th gen discussions and i hope its worthwhile. The basis of this thread being started is b/c i belong to another maxima website and there's so much crazy bashment of the 6th gen and i want to know what do you guys think about some of these comments and what do you feel is in store for the future? i personally feel we are just opening the floodgates i see alot of work getting started

comments by other members/gens:

"there is nothing to prove. Facts are facts. The 6th gen was targeted for the older croud of people.
Nonody is hating and nobody is jealous.
There is no future for the 6th gen. What was accomplished already is the end of the road."

"most 6th gen ownes are 60-years old that drive 5 mph under the speed limit... or women. for them, it's just an alternative to Avalon. no offence."
you are not in one of those cathegories? good for you.
but those are the statistics, and i'm sticking to it;"

LOLOLOLOL @ a $700 exhaust
(that comment was for the price of the greddy sp2's)
"
The new Camry V6 would probably give a 6th gen a run for the money on the strip. What does that even matter?"
Old 07-08-2008, 12:16 AM

I would love to see them run there mouth after viewing chernmax's 6th gen....
Old 07-08-2008, 12:20 AM

for reals. lets see their lil civics go up against the red beast.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:25 AM

Dont know about you guys...but I feel good!
Old 07-08-2008, 05:58 AM
Love my '09

LOL, well, at the end of the day, it is STILL just a car.....
Old 07-08-2008, 06:06 AM
dot dot dot ...

Considering all the interchangeable parts from the L31 (greater market base for some reason) and of course the Z33 ECU compatibility, you guys have it made, IMO.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:35 AM

I am confused on what exactly these quotes are trying to say. Do these people drive 7th Generations or something? I have a 6th Gen, I am not 60 years old, and I don't drive 5 mph under the speed limit, so these comments don't really make sense to me.

Also, you should tell these people to put down the Auto Trader and pick up a dictionary.

But Campusmurf is right, it is just a car.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:00 AM

They probably drive 5th or 4th gen max and cannot afford a 6th gen so they bash on it. I don't really care. Older people buy maximas because it's a more expensive car. It's luxurious and big.

I am 24, I have a 6th gen and I love it. I accelerate faster than most cars on the road. I drive a big luxurious car. Who cares what 4th or 5th gen drivers think of the 6th gen??? Honestly, thats retarded kiddy bashing.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:21 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Kryogen
They probably drive 5th or 4th gen max and cannot afford a 6th gen so they bash on it. I don't really care. Older people buy maximas because it's a more expensive car. It's luxurious and big.

I am 24, I have a 6th gen and I love it. I accelerate faster than most cars on the road. I drive a big luxurious car. Who cares what 4th or 5th gen drivers think of the 6th gen??? Honestly, thats retarded kiddy bashing.
...retarted kiddy bashing like "They probably drive 5th or 4th gen max and cannot afford a 6th gen so they bash on it." What do you base this opinion off of? And i consider luxury like a 7 series or s550, not a v6 family sedan. Your correct i can't afford a 6th gen, but why would i want a boat out of the factory. Id rather have a car built how I like it (5th gen w/ suspension mods) than have a stock 6th gen and look like everyone else. The only 6th gen ive heard of pushing ALOT of power is Chernmax.
Compile a list of the 300hp plus maximas across the board and i can promise you 4th and 5th gens will rock that **** hard. I understand your guys argument about the 6th gen not being out on the market long enough, but tuner companies are not looking at the 6th gen because of its sales statistics...way more older consumers drive 6th gens.
Line up all the 6th gens with heavy *** chrome 20s, 150 pounds of stereo and wires, and race whoever you want...your quicker anyway
wheres sooner anyway, im sure hes got a lil sumtin sumtin to say. Yes i did go a little off topic.

Last edited by GOLD00GXE5SPD; 07-08-2008 at 08:40 AM.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:21 AM
MAXIN' ON

I dont see the maxima as big and luxurious. Expensive to me is over $40k.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:27 AM
dot dot dot ...

They probably drive 5th or 4th gen max and cannot afford a 6th gen so they bash on it. I don't really care.
Don't lower yourself to 'their' level. Why can;t we keep this **** on topic? Like, stating the pluses, as I did in my earlier post?

I can see this thread is beginning to fail strongly.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by GOLD00GXE5SPD
...retarted kiddy bashing like "They probably drive 5th or 4th gen max and cannot afford a 6th gen so they bash on it." What do you base this opinion off of? And i consider luxury like a 7 series or s550, not a v6 family sedan. Your correct i can't afford a 6th gen, but why would i want a boat out of the factory. Id rather have a car built how I like it (5th gen w/ suspension mods) than have a stock 6th gen and look like everyone else. The only 6th gen ive heard of pushing ALOT of power is Chernmax.
Compile a list of the 300hp plus maximas across the board and i can promise you 4th and 5th gens will rock that **** hard. I understand your guys argument about the 6th gen not being out on the market long enough, but tuner companies are not looking at the 6th gen because of its sales statistics...way more older consumers drive 6th gens.
Line up all the 6th gens with heavy *** chrome 20s, 150 pounds of stereo and wires, and race whoever you want...your quicker anyway
wheres sooner anyway, im sure hes got a lil sumtin sumtin to say. Yes i did go a little off topic.

A little off topic? I didn't think the discussion had anything to do with racing did it? Maybe I am off topic? I am 26; I love my 6th Gen, and would not even consider buying an older model, that is just me. I can however appreciate why people would want an older max, to mod it out, or race it or whatever. I am just saying that it is not only 60 year old's that drive 6th gens. I would agree that there are more older models with 300+ hp, but let's be honest, that is because they are cheaper to buy, leaving more money to mod it out.

I like the look of the 6th gen better, bottom line. Sure it has a cassette deck, does that make it made for 60 year olds? Possibly, but I am willing to overlook that, plus I still have an old vanilla ice tape, maybe I will try to find it and rock it out.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:54 AM

to answer the question on the first post,

The future of the 6th gen:

Prices have fallen dramatically putting the 6th gen on the price level for 20 to 25 croud. And this age range is prime real state for after market companies, not so much tunning cause people buying this car sees it as their first nice car, and their idea of mods is not a turbo.

The styling, you either love it or hate it, I would say most of the population loves the car, except previous gen maxima onwers

The car has potential, and there is a lot of room for improvement, which is good in terms of marketability.

Todays companies just don't like to take big risks so its up to us to give this car a good respectable place
Old 07-08-2008, 08:58 AM

When I was younger I bashed everything, now that I'm a couple years older and wiser I've realized that you have to look at a car for what it is and not what it could have been, the 6th Gen is an excellent car and some make it sound like it's suddenly gonna vanish, it has a pretty good build quality an will probably be around for some time, just like the 4th and 5th gen that still roam the streets, I doubt it's gonna drop off like the older Saturns or Hyundais

I will say the 6th Gen is probably one of the most overlooked vehicles on the road, everyone who gets in my car says the same thing, "this is a Nissan", or "this is a Maxima", and for any V6 Camry/Accord comments, they might have a fast 0-60 but that just sells the car to the uninformed person, the 6th Gen is a beast when pushed on the highway

I don't know why other Maxima owners hate on Maximas
Old 07-08-2008, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by NmexMAX
I can see this thread is beginning to fail strongly.
It's the economy I tell ya!
Old 07-08-2008, 09:06 AM

The new Camry V6 would probably give a 6th gen a run for the money on the strip. What does that even matter?"

"I would love to see them run there mouth after viewing chernmax's 6th gen...." (you and i both know he wasnt refering to aesthetics)

among other comments referring to the speed of the vehicle being argued. I dont know if you viewed the 5 page thread from nyc, but its the same thing. We are arguing over nothing. Over the years, the style of the car changed. I am not ripping on it, simply giving my opinion, which was what this thread was asking anyway. I was simply refering to the comment Kyrogen felt so compelled to make about us being jealous that we can't afford a 6th gen. Your right, i can't but if i could, i wouldn't. Its a "luxury" car as you claim, i can't auto-x with that boat lol.

maybe i shouldn't be in this thread or 6th gen section for that matter, im not privledged enuf to have one lol

Last edited by GOLD00GXE5SPD; 07-08-2008 at 09:09 AM.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:07 AM

This is one thing that I really cant stand , I dont think we should target our fellow 4th and 5th geners or 3rd for that matter.

We pretty hugh down here when we have our local MAXOUT meets , I still own a 5th gen and all my boiz got 4th gen swap VQs , we may joke at each other about what gen is what but we rarely take it seriously to the point we seperate each others from the meets or car shows.

Were still in the Nissan family , Thats another reason why im selling my SR -S14 , I like to race and recently people ask me if I drift , the difters down here have a differnt state of mind and they keep completey seperate from the racers.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:33 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Maxima owners dissing other Maxima owners is just plain ridiculous!!! I love all gens but just happen to own a 6th Gen. 4+ years ago the only mod I could find was window tint!!! Look at all the progress and parts available today. Most non 6th Gen owners wants to jump on the negative where as those who love the 6th gen are more focused on the positive and potential.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:39 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

Why do we need to keep having this conversation? Leave the poor horse alone, he has been beaten enough already.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:57 AM
*moderator*

I would tell them to read here and see for themselves, there's alot going on. Not sure what site you are referring to but is there even a 6th gen section?
http://forums.maxima.org/6th-generat...-2004-2008-48/

And if they are talking specifically about performance mods then yes we are lacking compared to the other gens but it's because nobody makes anything for our cars.
The biggest obstacle we ran into with the 6th gen is the "G" and the "Z" they stole the aftermarket from the Maxima, period. Had those 2 cars not come around, the aftermarket for the 6th gen would have easily been as fruitful as previous gens. And I wouldn't say that Nissan targeted older consumers by any means, they in inadvertently lured (or maybe not) all those consumers to other vehicles.

With that said there is smaller group of owners that are into modding and to me that's great, I love driving to work and A) Seeing no other modded 6th gens B) Seeing maybe 1 or 2 6th gens C)Seeing 10-15 each of G's and Z's with 1/2 or more being modded. I love being different and individual!!

I have been a member here since November 2003, back then there was nearly 0 mods for our cars since then we have worked with companies to make things happen. The list may not be as big as other gens but things are happening. I also am seeing an influx of new creative members bringing things to the table to add to that list.

So as to the future, I wouldn't say it's dead by any means it's just a different time than it was 4-8 years ago. The market has changed that's all....
Old 07-08-2008, 10:22 AM

"the 6th Gen is a beast when pushed on the highway"

YO STARR me and you made the same comment!!!
Old 07-08-2008, 11:11 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I had '97 black SE, I have a '98 black SE with over 270K and I'm buying a '05 black SE and I think the styling and performance of Maxima's are untouchable. You can't get a better car for the money.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by GOLD00GXE5SPD
...retarted kiddy bashing like "They probably drive 5th or 4th gen max and cannot afford a 6th gen so they bash on it." What do you base this opinion off of? And i consider luxury like a 7 series or s550, not a v6 family sedan. Your correct i can't afford a 6th gen, but why would i want a boat out of the factory. Id rather have a cart built how I like it (5th gen w/ suspension mods) than have a stock 6th gen and look like everyone else. The only 6th gen ive heard of pushing ALOT of power is Chernmax.
Dude, you forgot a 't' there
Old 07-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Go ahead... try me

Originally Posted by NiZMo1o1
This is one thing that I really cant stand , I dont think we should target our fellow 4th and 5th geners or 3rd for that matter.

We pretty hugh down here when we have our local MAXOUT meets , I still own a 5th gen and all my boiz got 4th gen swap VQs , we may joke at each other about what gen is what but we rarely take it seriously to the point we seperate each others from the meets or car shows.

Were still in the Nissan family , Thats another reason why im selling my SR -S14 , I like to race and recently people ask me if I drift , the difters down here have a differnt state of mind and they keep completey seperate from the racers.
Agree 200%... we're all in the Nissan family. Like every other make and model, when a new gen comes out, not many mods can be available... it takes time, effort, planning, engineering, and quality testing to market things that people will trust and buy. Some people do go the cheapo route, however, they're the same people that end up spending more than most on mods, considering cheapo things don't last long. The old generations of maximas have been around for years, so obviously they will have PLENTY of mods to choose from and buy.

I personally think the 6th gen has more style... it's more round and looks awsome in every way. Some people might say it's for "older people"... well some people like owning style and a semi-luxury vehicle. If you look at the 6th Maxima compared to all the cars in it's class... I prefer a Maxima over Accords, camrys, etc. It's like a young guy in his early 20's owning a Lexus LS430... Most people will tell you it's for older people... yadda yadda. If that's what makes them happy... then let them be.

I truly believe that we all have different tastes... different styles... different ways of driving "luxury". We should either respect other's tastes and get respected for ours in return... OR bash everyone else, show them "we're better"... and look stupid. To each his own... whatever helps them sleep at night

Last edited by DEADBOLT; 07-08-2008 at 12:02 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:21 PM

I think our market will really start to get going now..since the prices are dropped..might even see more ricer 6th gens since anyone can get their hands on it.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:53 PM

I think the 6th Gen took a while to get aftermarket parts more than prior gens and the 7th gen. I think the future has more products available than beofre - body kits, HEADERS, maybe tokico shocks?, and maybe other products as well. I joined the forum in Nov 04 and there was very few products available. I had to make a lot of my own mods (roof spoiler, rear grill, etc.) and pioneer some new products on my car (300zx calipers, 350Z rear calipers/rotors, Kinetix manifold, etc.) in order to increase parts availability for the 6th Gen.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:30 PM
GrandPa

Originally Posted by mgp429
[COLOR=white]I am confused on what exactly these quotes are trying to say. Do these people drive 7th Generations or something? I have a 6th Gen, I am not 60 years old, and I don't drive 5 mph under the speed limit, so these comments don't really make sense to me.
I am almost 62 and I don't even know what speed limits are. lol
Old 07-08-2008, 02:58 PM
aka The Doom Ship

The lower gens have a weight advantage while the 6th and up gens have the IRS advantage and better transmissions. That's about it.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:23 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by AllBlackMax
The lower gens have a weight advantage while the 6th and up gens have the IRS advantage and better transmissions. That's about it.
3rd gens have IRS too.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:50 PM

all a matter of personal taste.

I didn't even really notice maximas UNTIL the 6th gens arrived. I love 'em.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:18 PM
Newbie just Registered

I guess they're still sore at big fat boats that can run with, or out run them. They also forgot that the new Camry can out run most of them, so would an Avalon with a retiree driving it.

I think 6th gen's future is looking better than all previous gens as a used car; newer, more technology, more power, more room, and more comfort. For those who want everything 6th gen has, but without the large size and FWD; I'm sure they can find other cars that will suit their needs and ego.

As for aftermarket stuff, what's missing?
Old 07-08-2008, 06:24 PM

I was hooked on my 5th gen GLE and actually hated the 6th at first because of the back wheel sitting in the wheel well like the trunk was full of junk. Then I test drove one when I needed to get a new car. At that point, I didn't care about the back anymore. I just wanted to know how to lower the front and mod the h#ll out of it. I saw Chernmax's ride on youtube, he sent me here and now I'm addicted yet AGAIN!

Future of the 6th gen will be similar to the others. Die hards will stick it out. Others will move on. I'd like to have a tricked out 6th gen in my garage and a 7th loaded as a comuter 4 years from now.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:59 PM

Maxima is 45 000$ in quebec canada.... eh.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:23 AM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by RHMax

Seriously ...
Old 07-09-2008, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by 90max
"the 6th Gen is a beast when pushed on the highway"

YO STARR me and you made the same comment!!!
I guess we both share a similar driving style
Old 07-09-2008, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by RHMax

Headers (although they are coming soon, wink), specifically designed adjustable suspension, there is only two body kits, 1 kind of cf hood (no other cf), supercharger, bolt on turbo (sort of? - not sure if Cherns is being made), no after market rear spoilers.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:49 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
Headers (although they are coming soon, wink), specifically designed adjustable suspension, there is only two body kits, 1 kind of cf hood (no other cf), supercharger, bolt on turbo (sort of? - not sure if Cherns is being made), no after market rear spoilers.
Wasn't aware of the suspension. Have you called vendors of the Altima and asked if their 'kits' (adj. suspension) fits on the A34?

Chern's turbo is done / installed.

Yeah, SC = non existent.

So you want more of what is available?

The 4th gen was / is the only gen that I know of that had 2 classy spoiler options, unless you went with a wing.

5th gens have that weird roof spoiler option, but no aftermarket rear, unless of course what I stated earlier.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:55 PM
Newbie just Registered

Won't coilovers count as adjustable?

Hotshot headers for Altima SE-R fit (if you can find one now), Stillen for Altima fit with minor modification. Cattman is coming soon as you said. And the EBAY headers?

There will soon be 3 body kits, no simple front lip.

Ebruni/Sarona has a rear spoiler for us, and plenty of wings/spoilers will fit, as Nmex said. We know WRX wing fits.

Centrifugal compressors are available for under $2k, various pipings and intercoolers are also available. We're missing a mounting plate, but nothing a machine shop can't do for a few $$.

We have them, just limited choices; more than most other V6 sedans.

Last edited by RHMax; 07-09-2008 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:20 PM

I just wish we had some body kits, or lips..It seems that all the kits are ugly, well the Sarona is..the 07 front begs for some kind of lip, but still nothing out...sucks
Old 07-09-2008, 06:20 PM

I have nothing against the 6th gen. I just believe nissan has forgotten what a maxima use to be. The 7th gen is no exception. I just believe the max has gotten to big and overweight and lost its 4dsc tag. The 3 gen will always be the best maxima ever built.

Quick Reply: How do you feel about 6th gens future?