6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Traded the Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 07:29 PM

Traded the Maxima

It has been a pleasure to chat with everyone on the Org. Today I traded in my 2004 Maxima for a 2005 Q45 Touring Edition with 17K miles on it! Got the car for 27K and they gave me 10K for my 04 Max with 91K miles on it. The car is certified for 100K warranty both powertrain and bumper to bumper. It was a good day to buy this car, I didn't have to give them my 19" HP EVO rims either!!! I will figure out something to do with them later.
The car is immaculate, I will post pics tomorrow, it is Ivory with chrome rims. the car has reclining rear seats and power sun shades on the rear and side windows. The V-8 is powerful!!! Again it was a pleasure to be on the Org and read and participate in the conversations.

Big Mike
Old 07-15-2008, 07:47 PM

wow...my car has 51,500 miles on it and dealer offered 11k...
Old 07-15-2008, 07:53 PM

Can't even be mad at that one. I always liked the Q... hopefully it will be back soon. Enjoy your big-body though.

BTW, Big Mike, I see you're from Virginia Beach. I grew up in Newport News.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by !PrjctMax!
wow...my car has 51,500 miles on it and dealer offered 11k...
I think if you catch those guys when they want to sell cars they will give you what you want for your trade. I was thinking they would offer me around 8-9K but they surprised me and I jumped on the deal, especially since my timing chain tensioners were making noise ($2500 repair).

Mike
Old 07-15-2008, 07:58 PM

If I could get at least 13g for the trade-in and 22.5g out the door for the purchase, then I'd be all over it
Old 07-15-2008, 08:27 PM

Congrats on the purchase, what made you switch over though? I thought I read in your part out post that you were gonna go with something with a smaller engine. You surprised me and went the other way.

Post some pics of the new ride.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Big Mike
I think if you catch those guys when they want to sell cars they will give you what you want for your trade. I was thinking they would offer me around 8-9K but they surprised me and I jumped on the deal, especially since my timing chain tensioners were making noise ($2500 repair).

Mike
Let me tell you. I used to sell New Cars and dealers don't make money selling new cars. For instance. I took in a 95 Maxima as trade on a Toyota Sienna and gave him a grand for it(dudes family was too big for a Max). Anyway the next week I strolled down to our used car division I was interested in taking that black Max off thier hands. The used car manager told me that because I worked there he'd let me have it for $3,700. Nuff said.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Big Mike
It has been a pleasure to chat with everyone on the Org. Today I traded in my 2004 Maxima for a 2005 Q45 Touring Edition with 17K miles on it! Got the car for 27K and they gave me 10K for my 04 Max with 91K miles on it. The car is certified for 100K warranty both powertrain and bumper to bumper. It was a good day to buy this car, I didn't have to give them my 19" HP EVO rims either!!! I will figure out something to do with them later.
The car is immaculate, I will post pics tomorrow, it is Ivory with chrome rims. the car has reclining rear seats and power sun shades on the rear and side windows. The V-8 is powerful!!! Again it was a pleasure to be on the Org and read and participate in the conversations.

Big Mike
I've always like the Q also I've been thinking about getting my girl one.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:38 PM

congrats !
Old 07-16-2008, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by SmokeNismo
Congrats on the purchase, what made you switch over though? I thought I read in your part out post that you were gonna go with something with a smaller engine. You surprised me and went the other way.

Post some pics of the new ride.
I wanted something with a smaller engine but for the price I couldn't let the Q get away. They stopped making the car in 2006, it has the same engine as the M45 and has a couple of more options. The car is in above average condition for its age, and it only has 17k miles. The only bad thing I can say is that it burns premium gas but I put that in my max.
Another selling point was giving my 10K for my 04 Maxima with over 91K miles!! I really enjoyed the maxima, great car, only real problem was the suspension and I swapped that out a while back. I wanted a RWD sedan but didn't want to pay 60K to get one.

Mike
Old 07-16-2008, 09:01 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Jeeesus, 10 grand for a 30 thousand dollar car!?!?!?!?!
Old 07-16-2008, 10:35 AM

Congrats man. My next move may be up to an Infiniti M35/45. But the lure of the 2009 Maxima is extremely strong.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:07 AM

Agreed

Originally Posted by nlt624
Congrats man. My next move may be up to an Infiniti M35/45. But the lure of the 2009 Maxima is extremely strong.
I agree, I think if I were to get rid of my max, I would just get a newer one. Infiniti's are cool, but I am pretty attached to my Maxima!
Old 07-16-2008, 02:34 PM
KC's FINEST

Post pics...

Then throw your 19's on the new ride.

Or, vice versa.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:47 PM

Like the power upgrade on the new car, but the Q is screaming for some appearance mods. Stock it looks pretty goofy with the droopy headlights. Hope you got the clean 19's !!
Old 07-16-2008, 03:44 PM

Yeah man you gotta super good deal for both of ur cars. But the only thing that I might have problem with is that V8 engine. You know that this car is not gonna be an everyday car with that V8. Gas is at almost $5 a gallon and the price of it is only gonna rise. but I will wish you luck and stay away from the cops.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by farzin1
Yeah man you gotta super good deal for both of ur cars. But the only thing that I might have problem with is that V8 engine. You know that this car is not gonna be an everyday car with that V8. Gas is at almost $5 a gallon and the price of it is only gonna rise. but I will wish you luck and stay away from the cops.
The infiniti is my daily driver just like the maxima was. I believe in driving my cars not looking at them in the garage. As for gas, I am paying $4.21 a gallon for premium, I was using premium in the maxima. My daily commute is 50-60 miles round trip so it is definatley hitting the highway. If premium fuel goes over $5 a gallon I might start using the city bus (park-n-ride) but until then I will be on the road cruisin!!!

Mike
Old 07-16-2008, 04:33 PM

so your not into leaving your car in the garage and looking at them but if gas hits $5 a gallon (which it will) your going to be doing the same thing anyway O_o
Old 07-17-2008, 12:13 AM

Sweet trade, one I would have made, enjoy the new car and post up some pics, and gas for the Q45 should not be that much more, on fueleconomy.gov in a side by side comparison the Q is 2-3mpg less then the Max, so granted it's gonna cost an extra 100-200 more a year to enjoy a car that flies in under the radar behind the 7Series and SClass
Old 07-17-2008, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by STARR
Sweet trade, one I would have made, enjoy the new car and post up some pics, and gas for the Q45 should not be that much more, on fueleconomy.gov in a side by side comparison the Q is 2-3mpg less then the Max, so granted it's gonna cost an extra 100-200 more a year to enjoy a car that flies in under the radar behind the 7Series and SClass
Thanks Starr... I will drive the car like I stole it:-) I drove it around alot yesterday and it is not that bad on gas unless you stomp on it, which is really hard to control. The price of this car and the whole deal made me get it, the features, power and fit and finish makes me smile evertime I see it. I looked and test drove the 09 Maxima and it is a great car, that also requires premium fuel, but the price was almost $40k with the options I got in the Q for only 27K with a better warranty. I just makes good financial sense in my case!!

Mike
Old 07-17-2008, 06:18 PM
GrandPa

Big Mike enjoy your new ride and good luck.
Old 07-18-2008, 05:59 AM

Congrats on the new ride. You'll like it, lots of power and great vehicle.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:17 PM

I always liked those cool round lights on the Q and it is loaded with features too. Man that was indeed a steal of a deal you got! Plus that low mileage...Who was driving it? A grandmother? Does you car have that intelligent cruise control with the radar thingy? They have some of the nicest interiors I have ever seen in a luxury vehicle...does yours have the leather stiched dash too? Enjoy your new ride and Felicitations!

BTW, I've been to Virginia Beach 2 times since I've been married in 1989. Love the beach...There used to be an all you can eat seafood (more like all the food that I see I eat LOL) restaurant called Captain John's ...is it still around? I remember visiting Chuck Norris's Gym and there was this great amusement park that had the best GO Karts and GO Kart track I have ever seen since....like little Indy cars! That was cool and fun too! Actually all of VBeach is cool and fun come to think of it...especially to a frozen Canadian popsicle! LOL!
Old 07-19-2008, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by xorbitman
I always liked those cool round lights on the Q and it is loaded with features too. Man that was indeed a steal of a deal you got! Plus that low mileage...Who was driving it? A grandmother? Does you car have that intelligent cruise control with the radar thingy? They have some of the nicest interiors I have ever seen in a luxury vehicle...does yours have the leather stiched dash too? Enjoy your new ride and Felicitations!

BTW, I've been to Virginia Beach 2 times since I've been married in 1989. Love the beach...There used to be an all you can eat seafood (more like all the food that I see I eat LOL) restaurant called Captain John's ...is it still around? I remember visiting Chuck Norris's Gym and there was this great amusement park that had the best GO Karts and GO Kart track I have ever seen since....like little Indy cars! That was cool and fun too! Actually all of VBeach is cool and fun come to think of it...especially to a frozen Canadian popsicle! LOL!

Thanks Xorbitman,

I've been living here for 13 years, I'm in the Navy. I love Va Beach, and yes the all you can eat seafood place is called "Captain George's" and the go Kart park is called Ocean Breeze, my youngest daughter works there. The car has the intelligent cruise control and back up camera, voice activated controls, reclining rear seats with heat, electric rear sunshade on so on... It has so many features for the 2005 model year. I couldn't let it go at that price, even if it is a V8. Have a great Sumer!!

Mike
Old 07-19-2008, 09:53 AM

Yeah that's it, Ocean Breeze...nice place.

Cool! Imagine voice activated controls and a back up camera on a car from 2005 when most cars didnt' even have a screen yet too! Does it also have GPS? With that low mileage I would have been really tempted too! Did you make sure they didn't tamper with the odometer? BTW, sometimes a V8 could be as frugal as a V6 as it will run on lower RPMS on the highway. Remember the Cadillac with the Northstar engine that would shut down a bank of cylinders on the highway to run like a 4? Nissan should have had that trick too.

The price of oil went from over $150 a barrel to under $128 in one week...hopefully it will go back to where it's supposed to be...under $100. Then we good all go back to our favorite pass-time....driving!

Have a nice summer Mike!
Old 07-19-2008, 02:37 PM

Damn congrats on the purchase. WTF They only offered me $11,000 today on my 04 with 60,000 miles. They told me they would give me less if I traded it in with my exhaust and 20" rims.... and I said don't worry everything will be stock if I decide to do the deal. And again as everyone said. PICS!
Old 07-19-2008, 03:21 PM

^^$11,000!!!! And they will turn around and sell it for $16,000!!! Damn stealerships. It's strange that back in 06, I traded my 2001 Max GLE with 87K in for the 04 and got $12,000. I guess i'll be keeping the 04 for about 2 more years.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by ZodiacA19
Damn congrats on the purchase. WTF They only offered me $11,000 today on my 04 with 60,000 miles. They told me they would give me less if I traded it in with my exhaust and 20" rims.... and I said don't worry everything will be stock if I decide to do the deal. And again as everyone said. PICS!
Zodiac,

I posted pics a couple of days ago, they moved them to the "other cars" section. I was at the dealership yesterday, my best friend bout a 06 M45 at a hellova price and my max was selling at 13,8K. Those guys are really shady at the staekership.

Mike