6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Nismo Cat-back Exhaust Installed today !!!! LOTS OF PICS

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 12:50 AM
Go ahead... try me

Nismo Cat-back Exhaust Installed today !!!! LOTS OF PICS

Hey guys...
Alright after waiting forever to get my damn Nismo system... I finally got it yest, and had it installed this morning. The install cost me about $100 with a 2 inch extension... I'm not sure why, but it still feels and looks too short, even though my mechanic and the muffler shop guy said it's where it should be. I tell ya... it sounds sooo damn sexy, I couldn't help it but keep revving my engine every chance I got LOL. Anyhow... here are the pics of the install and the after pics :bang:
Enjoy :banana:

Old 08-10-2008, 05:00 AM
04_Maxima

Looks nice!any vids?is that the one for an alitma?

Old 08-10-2008, 06:55 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Yeah baby! I love my Nismo system. Do you have a Y-pipe to go with it? If not, make that one of you next mods, the two of them together will give a noticable bump in power. $100 on extension and install is not bad at all.

I agree about the "shortness" of the tips. I bet you could have gone another 1/2in. I bought mine with the extension already so I didn't have an option. Maybe you can get them to add the 1/2 for........free?

Oh yeah, you'll want to keep those tips and back of the mufflers clean, you will notice how much they shine as you walk up to the car from behind or if you ever have a chance to follow your own car. I get a lot of compliments from people about it.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:05 AM
Go ahead... try me

Originally Posted by 04_Maxima
Looks nice!any vids?is that the one for an alitma?
Yessssiirrr, that's the altima one. It was extended 2 inches, and it still came up with that length. I don't have any videos cuz I don'thave a video camera, but I can tell you that the Nismo CAI and Cat-back together... they do WONDERS

Originally Posted by Apollos2
Yeah baby! I love my Nismo system. Do you have a Y-pipe to go with it? If not, make that one of you next mods, the two of them together will give a noticable bump in power. $100 on extension and install is not bad at all.

I agree about the "shortness" of the tips. I bet you could have gone another 1/2in. I bought mine with the extension already so I didn't have an option. Maybe you can get them to add the 1/2 for........free?

Oh yeah, you'll want to keep those tips and back of the mufflers clean, you will notice how much they shine as you walk up to the car from behind or if you ever have a chance to follow your own car. I get a lot of compliments from people about it.

Yeah I'm gonna try to go to that shop to add another half an inch... maybe an inch??? Free or not I'll need to do it so it looks a bit right. It sounds sweeeeetttttttt as hell when you start the car or when you drive it, or when you rev it.... ahhhh it's so sexy, and you should see the heads turning when it's revving LOL.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:08 AM

I know there are several people that have videos of these but they are all sitting right behind the exhaust or next to it.

I would love to hear a video of this exhaust from a few different angles.

1. The car pulling away from a dead stop.
2. The car excelerating from about a 30 mile a hour roll.
3. The car driving by excelerating continuosly as they go by starting from about a hundred yards away.

No one has done a video like this for the Nismo exhaust and I have seen one for the Cattman but not this one.

Thanks
Old 08-10-2008, 07:12 AM
Go ahead... try me

Originally Posted by cklamer
I know there are several people that have videos of these but they are all sitting right behind the exhaust or next to it.

3. The car driving by excelerating continuosly as they go by starting from about a hundred yards away.

No one has done a video like this for the Nismo exhaust and I have seen one for the Cattman but not this one.

Thanks

I wouldn't mind doing all that If I had a dam video camera . You have no idea how badly I wanted to take it revving, driving, accelerating from a stop... God I freakin wish I knew someone with a video camera lol.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:17 AM

you know you can buy a camera these days like my Canon A95 that will take fantastic videos and then you have the best of both worlds.

You can usually pick up a camera pretty cheap with this option. I believe you can get a really nice camera for about $149.00 with this option.

If you don't want to buy anything just go and rent one there has to be someone around there that rents stuff like that.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:26 AM
Go ahead... try me

you know you can buy a camera these days like my Canon A95 that will take fantastic videos and then you have the best of both worlds.

You can usually pick up a camera pretty cheap with this option. I believe you can get a really nice camera for about $149.00 with this option.

If you don't want to buy anything just go and rent one there has to be someone around there that rents stuff like that.
I'll definitely look into that... I need a Camera anyway. I'll keep you posted about the Video idea for sure
Old 08-10-2008, 10:56 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hey exhaust man i got mine installed this thursday jus dont have a dam camera an it is very sexiii so far 20 compliments on it from people.....an i extended the exhaust 2 an a quater an the tips are out enough...
Old 08-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Go ahead... try me

Originally Posted by ELITE PKG MaXxX
Hey exhaust man i got mine installed this thursday jus dont have a dam camera an it is very sexiii so far 20 compliments on it from people.....an i extended the exhaust 2 an a quater an the tips are out enough...

YESSSSSSSSSS YOU DID IT !!!! That ain't fair bro... you gotta get pics. I did a whole damn photo shoot, and you don't even have 1 pic? LOL come on man, take pics and post 'em on my thread, I don't mind. Take them with your phone if it has cameras...but you gotta do somethin bro.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:24 PM

Word, we need some pics of that
Old 08-10-2008, 01:43 PM

Thanks
Here ya go. I have a few more on there aswell.
http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=CIMG0220.flv
http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/j...t=CIMG0214.flv

Also congrats on the sytem it is sexy is'nt it. I stll listen to my wife drive away ever morning..
Old 08-10-2008, 01:48 PM

The part where you say you listen top your wife driving away is the part I would like to hear a recording of.

Whip that camera out one morning and record her leaving.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:56 PM

Will do I will try tommorow if it's not raining, Boston is having some crazy thunderstorms today..
Old 08-10-2008, 07:33 PM

very nice... How much did it cost, not the install but the exhaust?
Old 08-10-2008, 07:40 PM
Go ahead... try me

Originally Posted by dantoro@cfl.rr.com
very nice... How much did it cost, not the install but the exhaust?
around $645 shipped to CA. Not bad for a cat-back exhaust with that reputation and quality compared to other cat-backs.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:00 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

how do i post pikz on this shyt.......cause i dont have a website an crap where i can get that url stuff i jus have them on my comp an it doesnt let me soo if u guys can help with that i can post the pikz
Old 08-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Go ahead... try me

how do i post pikz on this shyt.......cause i dont have a website an crap where i can get that url stuff i jus have them on my comp an it doesnt let me soo if u guys can help with that i can post the pikz
Yo check your PM... I'll give you my email address. Email them to me and I'll post them, no worries bro.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:00 AM
MSB

Very nice, I'll be putting mine on this weekend along with Cattman Y. Can't wait.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:59 AM
Go ahead... try me

Alright bro... I picked out the clearest ones outta your pics...

Here they go:

Old 08-11-2008, 03:55 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks alot man i appriciate it alot
Old 08-11-2008, 04:29 PM
MSB

Elite, your car looks great with the Nismo!

I was beginning to think that I would miss the look of the factory tips but after seeing all these pics I believe I made the right decision...

It kinda looks like I might go ahead extend mine 2.5"
Old 08-11-2008, 05:10 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

yea 2 an half would come out a lil more then mine but trust me man 2 an a quater is good enough but do wwatever u want
Old 08-11-2008, 05:11 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

an thanks for the compliment man hope urz looks even better...
Old 08-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Banned

Looks great.. I have the nismo kit on my altima se-r
Old 08-12-2008, 12:59 PM

that badboy sounds like a true man
Old 08-12-2008, 02:13 PM

Looks great
Old 08-12-2008, 02:37 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

2004 maxima headers

I need some serious help...im looking for 2004 Maxima headers and i cant find anything. I already have an ingen cold air intake and stillion mufflers but am now converting to a nismo full cat-back system. i have heard that you can put altima v6 headers on the maxima but am not sure.

can you help me out. i will be posting my car on the site soon as well.
my email is: M.Bishop@rogers.blackberry.net
or : bish83@gmail.com

thanks agian, Matt
Guelph Infiniti Nissan
Old 08-13-2008, 02:40 PM

sounds good but i think ima greddy sp2 fan tho.

nice mod
Old 08-13-2008, 03:41 PM

Well 2 1/4 looks pretty good. If I can get a little more added cheap. I will do it.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:10 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

thanks for all the compliments guys
Old 08-14-2008, 06:00 PM

I'm seriously considering this as my next mod, but I can't get over the downward angle of the tips on the mufflers. Is there a way to make them parallel with the bumper without actually hitting the bumper (I noticed how close the tips sit to the bottom of the bumper)? I like the flush look better than the tilt they have.

Thanks,
Steven
Old 08-14-2008, 07:31 PM
Go ahead... try me

Originally Posted by steven614
I'm seriously considering this as my next mod, but I can't get over the downward angle of the tips on the mufflers. Is there a way to make them parallel with the bumper without actually hitting the bumper (I noticed how close the tips sit to the bottom of the bumper)? I like the flush look better than the tilt they have.

Thanks,
Steven
the downward angle is what's keeping the tip from touching the bumper bro. If you look at the beginning of thread... Notice the following:

first pic... the little metal rod that sticks out of the bubble wrapping... the stock mufflers don't have that part built into it, there is an adapter bracket that you'll see in the first pic of my car... at the bottom of the bumper (where the mufflers were), you'll notice two metal brackets still in place when the stock muffle is removed. That part is what lowers the stock mufflers for them to have the straight forward look. The Nismo catback mufflers don't have it. The metal rods that go into the brackets welded on the car are built into the muffler itself... so the only way to not burn your bumper is to have the tips facing a bit downward. Look closely at the stock muffler being removed and you'll understand what I'm saying.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:24 PM

very nice have a video on how it sounds?
thanks
Old 08-24-2008, 04:46 PM
Go ahead... try me

Originally Posted by elitemaxima
very nice have a video on how it sounds?
thanks
Welcome aboard bro....

I personally haven't done a video for my car. I don't even have a video camera to do a video to begin with LOL. Here's a link I found on youtube... it's a common link that a lot of people on this org have seen already.. Hope you like the sound. My exhaust is a bit louder due to my Nismo Intake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9FDTg7WQEs

Last edited by DEADBOLT; 08-24-2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:54 PM

looks good man, I have them on my 05 alti and they sound sweet...good choice
Old 09-25-2008, 05:08 PM

Kinda dumb question, but does it matter what Nismo Cat-back I get for the Altima? A specific year or something? I would think the 3.5 is a must...
Old 09-25-2008, 08:51 PM

Wow that looks amazing! How much did that cost?!?
Old 09-26-2008, 05:57 AM

Just get the NIsmo for the same year as your 6th gen..I think it was 02-06 for the Altima.. Cost depends were you find it 550-750 and you will need the 1 inch extension pipe.
Old 09-26-2008, 06:33 AM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Originally Posted by 04MAXXXFreak
Hey guys...
Alright after waiting forever to get my damn Nismo system... I finally got it yest, and had it installed this morning. The install cost me about $100 with a 2 inch extension... I'm not sure why, but it still feels and looks too short, even though my mechanic and the muffler shop guy said it's where it should be. I tell ya... it sounds sooo damn sexy, I couldn't help it but keep revving my engine every chance I got LOL. Anyhow... here are the pics of the install and the after pics :bang:
Enjoy :banana:

Your car looks HOT, you should paint the roof Black!!!

Quick Reply: Nismo Cat-back Exhaust Installed today !!!! LOTS OF PICS