6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

First thread...fitting punishment for damaging your max?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 06:40 PM

First thread...fitting punishment for damaging your max?

So I'm on my way to the gas station around 10:30 pm so I dont have to stop in the morning before my 55 mile commute to work. Driving along and I see 2 people standing in a weird spot on the road for 10:30 at night. Then they do it, both of them throw baseball sized concrete/gravel chunks at my car. I heard the thump and immedietly busted a tire squeal'n u-turn and chased their asses through alleys, parking lots, back on to the street, through another parking lot. Gotta say max handled nicely. After about 60-90 seconds of chase these 2 morons lead me directly to their house! Call the cops, had 4 witnesses, id the f'n morons and to jail they go. Conratulations on your first felony boys! Criminal destruction of property, damage over 300$.

They nailed my trunk lid, deep scratches to the metal, dings, dents, so on. I was so furious if i would have caught them before the cops did, I would have been the one in jail lastnight.

So, what lengths have you gone to in order to protect your 6th Gen Maxima?
What is a fitting punishment for these 2 jaggoffs?

There is wisdom in Pulp Fiction:

Lance: Still got your Malibu?
Vincent: Aw, man. You know what some f*cker did the other day?
Lance: What?
Vincent: F*cking keyed it.
Lance: Oh, man, that's f*cked up.
Vincent: Tell me about it. I had it in storage for three years, it was out for five days and some d*ckless piece of sh*t f*cked with it.
Lance: They should be f*cking killed. No trial, no jury, straight to execution.
Vincent: Boy, I wish I could've caught him doing it. I'd have given anything to catch that assh*le doing it. It'd been worth him doing it just so I could've caught him doing it.
Lance: What a f*cker!
Vincent: What's more chickensh*t than f*cking with a man's automobile? I mean, don't f*ck with another man's vehicle.
Lance: You don't do it.
Vincent: It's just against the rules.

Last edited by gianic1; 08-28-2008 at 07:04 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:51 PM

Feel your pain man.... I woulda ran em over! but atleast you caught them, now make them pay!
Old 08-28-2008, 09:03 PM

good story but want to see pic's plz!! i deff. feel you i woulda tried to run them over +1 for the 6th gen
Old 08-28-2008, 10:41 PM

if it was me? i wouldve ran it straight into their house, through the front door and told the cops they carjacked me threw, me in the backseat and ran the car through their own house for some reason. haha. the story probably wouldn't have held up..but it may be considered a crime of passion. and they could pay for a new hood..or whatever.

on second thought that may be a little extreme.

but yeah..you dont mess with a mans car..im pretty sure its written down somewhere.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:18 PM

Vincent: What's more chickensh*t than f*cking with a man's automobile? I mean, don't f*ck with another man's vehicle.

your a stronger man then i am.... i would have ran one of them over.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:44 PM

damm that sucks. punk *** kids. i would of ran them over, get out of my car, beat the crap out of them and run them over once more.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by 2LEET4U

your a stronger man then i am.... i would have ran one of them over.
Ahhh... I miss the good ole days, when I used to make people into speed bumps. I would say what I would've done but this may one day happen to me and their scumbag lawyer would say it was premeditated and I can't use my "Crime of Passion" defense!!!
Old 08-29-2008, 06:30 AM

Oh, I came close to running them over... One of them could definately feel the heat from my engine. I would have taught these kids a valuable life lesson

The first cop on the scene, had to be younger than me, was like "so what do you want us to do?"

I looked at him weird , and said, "what?... well what the hell do you think your supposed to do? Im not paying for this, they are. Go get them, arrest em, charge em"

The insurance adjuster is coming to my work to look at the damage, I'm still trying to decide what to do with these 2 morons. One is a juvenile, the other an "adult". I doubt they or their parents would own up and pay me for my time, the damage, and most definately some punitive damages. It's really totally up to me whether these 2 will be prosecuted and convicted of a felony.

Pics coming soon. Im still fired up.

update: Talked to insurance adjuster, estimate close to 700$ to fix dents, repaint area, blend trunk lid, quarter panel, license plate panel, bumper, so on.

From what i have heard it is extremely difficult to blend this color paint, KY1-liquid silver. Not sure how i feel about all the blending on so many different body parts...

Any suggestions? Any one had body repair work done to their max? How did they do?

Last edited by gianic1; 08-29-2008 at 11:04 AM.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:11 AM

Whoa man thats fn nuts man, I would go crazy if it was me I don't think I would have followed in the car I would have got out on foot and caught one of them and laid a serous beaten in him them called the cops.. I would definitly make them pay. reading this fired me up too..
Old 08-29-2008, 08:03 AM

sorry to hear about ur ride, too bad one was a kid, i would have opened a can of woopazz. i feel ur pain, 2 weeks after buying my new max i get two deep dents from a neighbor but can prove it and they denie it so its an $800 fix. hopefully karma gets em.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by novabortion
sorry to hear about ur ride, too bad one was a kid, i would have opened a can of woopazz. i feel ur pain, 2 weeks after buying my new max i get two deep dents from a neighbor but can prove it and they denie it so its an $800 fix. hopefully karma gets em.

Ya, Karma is a *****
Old 08-29-2008, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by gianic1
Oh, I came close to running them over... One of them could definately feel the heat from my engine. I would have taught these kids a valuable life lesson

The first cop on the scene, had to be younger than me, was like "so what do you want us to do?"

I looked at him weird , and said, "what?... well what the hell do you think your supposed to do? Im not paying for this, they are. Go get them, arrest em, charge em"

The insurance adjuster is coming to my work to look at the damage, I'm still trying to decide what to do with these 2 morons. One is a juvenile, the other an "adult". I doubt they or their parents would own up and pay me for my time, the damage, and most definately some punitive damages. It's really totally up to me whether these 2 will be prosecuted and convicted of a felony.

update: Talked to insurance adjuster, estimate close to 700$ to fix dents, repaint area, blend trunk lid, quarter panel, license plate panel, bumper, so on.

From what i have heard it is extremely difficult to blend this color paint, KY1-liquid silver. Not sure how i feel about all the blending on so many different body parts...

Any suggestions? Any one had body repair work done to their max? How did they do?

Wow. You can seriously make a movie out of this. Lol. Good thing you caught those punks.

For paint I recommend PPG Deltron DBU or DBC. DBC is more expensive (about $50 for half a pint), but this stuff really matches to the original paint. Go to a shop that uses this stuff or go buy it your self. All you do is give the paint shop your paint number and they will mix you a batch. I bought some to color match my engine trim pieces and it is a perfect match.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:02 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I've had body panels touched up a couple times. If the shop cares about their work, and does a good job the paint will match just fine. Take it to a crap shop, you get a crap job.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:13 PM

That's crazy lucky it didn't happen to me i'd be in jail
Old 08-29-2008, 12:16 PM

those damn kids... That's my biggest fear. I feel your pain bro...

If you could post some pictures of the damage... my imagination can only go so far..
Old 08-29-2008, 03:25 PM

do i dare say 6th gen handling for the win?
Old 08-29-2008, 03:30 PM

Nice job catching them here is what I would do, their ****ing idiots, don't care if their kids, I never felt the need to destroy or damage someone property especially their car, get a $1000 from each kid, it's either that or your pressing charges and I'd rather a 1000 then a criminal record, most if not all good jobs will never hire them

I don't look at it as taking advantage of them, after that 1000 each they will probably never do something that stupid again, good lesson taught, and it makes up for your stress, down time with out your car, time involved you have to juggle to rent a car/ borrow a car, etc...
Old 08-29-2008, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Shoey1
do i dare say 6th gen handling for the win?
I got a mental image of the Sopranos, their was an episode where a guy was running and Christopher was chasing him down with his LS400 in the park through the trees/bushes and grass

gianic1
you got ***** man, that must have been a hell of an adrenaline rush
Old 08-29-2008, 06:46 PM

sorry to hear about the damage to the max, nothing makes me more mad than anything happening to my car. Anyway, one way i always like to get back at punks is put their names in the newspaper. After i arrest people i always call the local paper and have them publish it, cant do it for the juvenile though, but the adult you could. nothing more embarrassing than seeing your name in the paper for something stupid. I bet they both think twice before they do it again.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:32 PM

i say press charges and take them to small claims court. they deserve it.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:07 AM

I can tell you that the silver is going to be hard to match but it can be done. As far as my opinion on pressing charges, I can tell you one thing, if you don't do something and let them be, they will not learn their lesson and think they got away with it! I think they should be punished for the damaged they caused, not to mention, who is to say that this is the first time they've done it??? I'm pretty sure they have and gotten away with it before. Don't write that check if you can't cash it! Young and dumb, well they can fix it when they get older, stay out of trouble and get it expunged!

Last edited by Gianniali; 08-30-2008 at 12:09 AM.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:16 AM

..... I doubt they or their parents would own up and pay me for my time, the damage, and most definately some punitive damages. It's really totally up to me whether these 2 will be prosecuted and convicted of a felony....

Take them to small claims court and sue them for the maximum allowed. You think punks like these are going to learn their lesson by putting their names in their paper? Nope. Hit them where it counts (their pockets). For the juvenile, his parents will probably be held responsible for the damages. As for them not owning up to the crime, does not matter. You said you had witnesses, and that is all the court needs. This probably is not the first time these a!@#$% have done this and won't be the last if they get away with this. Best of luck man.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by STARR
.......get a $1000 from each kid, it's either that or your pressing charges and I'd rather a 1000 then a criminal record, most if not all good jobs will never hire them

I don't look at it as taking advantage of them, after that 1000 each they will probably never do something that stupid again, good lesson taught, and it makes up for your stress, down time with out your car, time involved you have to juggle to rent a car/ borrow a car, etc...
Bad Idea. This would probably be seen as extortion and the OP would be in trouble for this. Better to go to small claims court, and deal with it through the court.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:32 AM

Car battery + jumper cables + both kids ********* = Win.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:05 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I would have got out the old tennis ball machine, stuff it full of potatoes, find the nearest tree, tie the bad guys to said tree (backwards with no pants on), greased up the potatoes nice and good, and let your imagination run wild. or at least until the bad guys' faces turn blue.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:54 PM

so whats the outcome
Old 09-04-2008, 07:36 AM
I Donate! Why Don't You?

Teach them the hardest lesson you can, sue that $hit out of them. If you let them slide, they'll do it again. They were retarded to do something that stupid and you'll be retarded to let them slide.