6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

To anyone with subs

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 10:39 PM

To anyone with subs

I guess its a good problem to have, but my cds skip whenever im playing some bass heavy music. Im going to take out the h.u. and apply some sound deadener to the cd changer/headunit...hopefully that will solve it because im not totally ready to drop in a new doubledin as of yet..

anyone else have this problem?
Old 12-17-2008, 12:10 AM

I found remounting the head-unit with tighter screws and rubber washers worked for me. 5 minute job.
How loud does your bass need to be??
Old 12-17-2008, 07:54 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Don't half azz...with a quick fix that won't last...Just my 2 cents.

Here's a perm fix to your problem:
http://www.dynamat.com/products_car_...trunk_kit.html
Old 12-17-2008, 08:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by patrick_nobles
Don't half azz...with a quick fix that won't last...Just my 2 cents.

Here's a perm fix to your problem:
http://www.dynamat.com/products_car_...trunk_kit.html
uhh how will making his bass louder help his cd skipping problems? seriously....how? and dynamat is a huge rip off. there are better products at 1/2 the cost.

First off op, you should have posted this in the audio section of the forum or at least the general. those are more appropriate then the 6th gen section. i know you have a 6th gen, but audio questions go in the audio section, and generic threads the general as you could classify this as a generic thread as it 'could' pertain to multiple generations. though i'v not seen any/many posts about cd skipping in the other generations sub forums...

Second op you have two options:

one is to try and 'correctly' shock mount the factory cd player. if you have no ideas how to do this i can elaborate(or use google). but if you add deadener, as you stated you might, make sure you don't cover up any of the holes the HU uses to 'breath' out of or it will overheat and die rather quickly.

two get and after market cd player(you should do this anyways for a number of reasons) i'v got moar bass then you and have never once skipped a CD with any of my eclipse head units.
Old 12-17-2008, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Torgus
two get and after market cd player(you should do this anyways for a number of reasons) i'v got moar bass then you and have never once skipped a CD with any of my eclipse head units.
i agree with this statement. factory cd players arent really built to handle bass in the shock department. After market stereos do alot better job with this. they also help in putting the bass right where it needs to be. one suggestion is do not get a sony headunit. as you turn up the volume on a sony headunit it drowns out the bass with more highs. i know of this from experience in car audio installs and sound competitions.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:10 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

My Bose CD player never skipped until it finally started to go out, then I just went after market. Are you still under warranty? If not, I'd just tighten it up like Niccos89 said and see what happens.

What are the plans for the "White out" ...