6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

What do you guys think about these rims on my max...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 09:38 PM

What do you guys think about these rims on my max...

20" rims...thinking about getting them...go for around 1100 for rims...what you guys think?
Old 02-10-2009, 10:02 PM

What color is the max?

On most colors it will look hot!
Old 02-10-2009, 10:30 PM

those will look clean on any car especially the max hope u get them wat color is ur max
Old 02-10-2009, 10:46 PM

I like the twi tone however I am not a fan of the web design, rims are so subjective when it comes to individuak taste???? I am new to the forum and just purchased on 08 Maxima, I am unable to post a new thread under the 6th gen section for some reason?

I was hoping to get some feedback with regard to modifications, I read several posts and would like to know what products will give me the best bang. The following are the initial mods I would like to do ASAP and any feedback on particular products, opinions etc...... would be greatly appreciated.

1. CAI with jet chip high flow MAF sensor. What is the most/best recommended CAI available for the 08?

2. Grounding kit.

3. ECU flash or chip, is this recommended?

4. Exaust system, where can I find an afternarket system and what is recommended?

5. Any other suggestions to get me started.

Sorry to piggyback on your thread but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 02-10-2009, 10:54 PM

You need a few more posts to be able to start a new thread... patience!

As for these rims... They look good... but as others asked, what color is your Max? Silver/Black/White, I think they'd look hot!
Old 02-10-2009, 11:39 PM

Those rims are dope man!!! I'm not even gonna lie black goes with any color u can think of
Old 02-10-2009, 11:41 PM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

Originally Posted by Anand.Patel

20" rims...thinking about getting them...go for around 1100 for rims...what you guys think?
What brand are they? I have seen this same style for much cheaper... Cant think of the name right now... and you say thats just for the rims??? Should look great on any color maxima though... Good luck and post some pics!!!

Originally Posted by cmccort
I was hoping to get some feedback with regard to modifications, I read several posts and would like to know what products will give me the best bang. The following are the initial mods I would like to do ASAP and any feedback on particular products, opinions etc...... would be greatly appreciated.

1. CAI with jet chip high flow MAF sensor. What is the most/best recommended CAI available for the 08?

2. Grounding kit.

4. Exaust system, where can I find an afternarket system and what is recommended?

Thanks

This should be good!!! Welcome to the org... im sure other will "welcome " you very soon *Put on a flame suit*

Thread jacking = Not good for you... Be patient... pay to be a member and get teh great search button... YOu will find ALLLLLLLLLLL of your answers if you use the search button.. ... Right near the top of the page..
Old 02-11-2009, 03:51 AM

those rims are amazing im hoping to get a similar pair for my 5th gen those will look great
Old 02-11-2009, 07:23 AM

those look pretty good... Im thinking about getting my car painted black and putting on 22" black Asanti that look similar to that.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:27 AM
*moderator*

Those rims are awesome, I had the mesh look (in chrome) for a long time and almost went with what you are looking at. I'd say go for it...

And cmccort, first off welcome aboard! Secondly read this:
http://forums.maxima.org/general-max...uidelines.html
Old 02-11-2009, 07:44 AM
Incognito

Sexy, what color is the car?
Old 02-11-2009, 07:55 AM

those are hot...i'd get them.. keep us updated if you get them & some pics of them on your car!!!
Old 02-11-2009, 09:06 AM
Banned

no. but i hate black rims. they would look alot better in silver.

Last edited by Torgus; 02-11-2009 at 09:09 AM.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:18 AM

How do I pay to be a member? I have no problem doing so but I would like to get these modifications started ASAP, I have no desire to "Be patient" and post several threads??? I do not have the time to sit in front of my computer and chat with everyone (Not bagging on anyone you guy's are very knowledable and seem to know what your talking about). I picked up this 08 up two weeks ago at very good price (Loaded with every option available) and love the car!!!! Just want to put any mods available on the car to gain some extra HP and be done with it. I am sure I will get some hate mail (Based on other threads I have seen) and that's fine, if you need to be a dedicated member to gain access to your forum and your knowledge just let me know and I will seek it elsewhere.

Thanks
Old 02-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Banned

How do I pay to be a member? I have no problem doing so but I would like to get these modifications started ASAP, I have no desire to "Be patient" and post several threads??? I do not have the time to sit in front of my computer and chat with everyone (Not bagging on anyone you guy's are very knowledable and seem to know what your talking about). I picked up this 08 up two weeks ago at very good price (Loaded with every option available) and love the car!!!! Just want to put any mods available on the car to gain some extra HP and be done with it. I am sure I will get some hate mail (Based on other threads I have seen) and that's fine, if you need to be a dedicated member to gain access to your forum and your knowledge just let me know and I will seek it elsewhere.

Thanks
i wouldn't pay..no reason to. unless you like to make IB more rich...well you could always just PM someone who has mods you like. or search on ebay or online for parts for your car.

and this is a bad way to start on the org btw...
Old 02-11-2009, 10:15 AM

all depends on ur taste i have the same kind of design (axis pentas) and they look nice while you drive
Old 02-11-2009, 11:08 AM

Thanks

How do I pay to be a member?

http://forums.maxima.org/payments.php

Just want to put any mods available on the car to gain some extra HP and be done with it
http://forums.maxima.org/search.php

if you need to be a dedicated member to gain access to your forum and your knowledge just let me know and I will seek it elsewhere.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:15 AM

wheels are sweet!!
Old 02-11-2009, 11:39 AM

NOT BAD AT ALL....
Old 02-11-2009, 11:40 AM

those will def look nice i had something like it on my car
Old 02-11-2009, 02:36 PM

Thanks
spoken like a true newbie...and SINCE YOU JACKED THIS THREAD..LOL..all the answers you seek are already here whether you pay or not... however when you rush into things...you will eventually change them...STORM SHADOW has undergone many upgrades..some downgrades....also watch some youtube videos, get the sound you looking for.. the look you are looking for and price shop...PM members in your local area or if you will be visiting an area..i am sure if you come with a better approach..you will get better results..a lot of these guys (and gals) have tried almost every mod available..thats why i trust SOME of their judgement..ultimately its you MAX..it doesnt really matter what we think..you are the one seeing and driving daily...
Old 02-11-2009, 02:39 PM

NICE..but price shop...i am all about get what i want for the least amount possible...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/G35-S...ht_2187wt_1152
Old 02-11-2009, 02:48 PM
*moderator*

Thanks
I think the problem is the "piggyback" you stared off with. This is always looked at badly and hated on. I think the best thing to do until your post counts increases is search through the pages. The 6th gen forum is one of the least busiest in general. And within the first few pages, you could find most of the info you are looking for. And as Staggered357 said, send PM's to certain member that have mods you are considering.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:52 PM

I like the twi tone however I am not a fan of the web design, rims are so subjective when it comes to individuak taste???? I am new to the forum and just purchased on 08 Maxima, I am unable to post a new thread under the 6th gen section for some reason?

2. Grounding kit.

Thanks

1. Fujita, K&N, Nismo, Injen are a few
2. http://www.activetuning.com/products...I-MX-04GRNDKT/
3. Not familiar with this one
4. Racingline, Cattman, Magnaflow, Greddy, Nismo
5. Get your windows tinted if you have not done so.

These brands I mentioned are the usual suspects that gets thrown around quite a bit and there are a lot more to be found. The search button is your best friend. I too have an 08, post a pic when you hit that magical number.

Oh yeah, nice rims
Old 02-11-2009, 03:27 PM

Please not black those are ugly sorry
Old 02-11-2009, 04:01 PM

thanks for the replies....

the car color is Precision Gray...

and thanks Staggered357 for the other link, thats like half the price of my rims..might look into those.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:57 PM
"Ok,Whats next?!?!"

thanks for the replies....

the car color is Precision Gray...

and thanks Staggered357 for the other link, thats like half the price of my rims..might look into those.
might? WILL lol... The brand looks like RPM .. i have seem them all over really cheap for 20's...

you better get 245-255's... dont go any less or it will look odd
Old 02-11-2009, 06:23 PM

check these too...
i like em, hey am a big fan of staggered wheels those have a 4.25 lip in the back... only reason i didnt get them was because i like to see the cross drilled rotors.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/20-EX...#ht_500wt_1169
Old 02-11-2009, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Fastmax05
might? WILL lol... The brand looks like RPM .. i have seem them all over really cheap for 20's...

you better get 245-255's... dont go any less or it will look odd
yeah Fast is right i am going to run a 245/35/ in the front and 275/30 in the rear
Old 02-11-2009, 07:20 PM

Thanks for the feedback!!! I know I can be a bit impatient and RUDE at times. Again I apologize for hijacking the thread. I just got the new 18" 5 spoke chrome rims on today with 245/45/18 Michelin Pilot Sport's on them. Car looks great with the tinted windows (Color of the car is Silver) taking it in tommorow for the new Radar detecter to be installed and hard wired. I was able to get thru several threads and got some great information to get me started, and again thanks for all of the suggestions. I will post pictures as soon as I reach the thread count needed (Still not exactly sure how to do that but I wil take the advice and read the guidlines). I will keep you posted on the mods, I plan on ordering some basic stuff over the next couple of weeks and having it installed over the next 3-4 weeks.

Happy Threading!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-11-2009, 08:21 PM

thanks Fast...do you know of any reputable sites other then ebay for some rims...i've been shopping around and most of the websites i go to look shady as hell...

and yeah ima go with 255's....
Old 02-11-2009, 09:29 PM
*moderator*

thanks Fast...do you know of any reputable sites other then ebay for some rims...i've been shopping around and most of the websites i go to look shady as hell...

and yeah ima go with 255's....
This site is good, I bought wheels from them before:
www.buywheelstoday.com

These are a bit more but sweet!

http://www.buywheelstoday.com/produc...ed+Spokes).bwt

Not sure if you like all black but I almost got these:

http://www.buywheelstoday.com/produc...10+(Black).bwt
$100 cheaper
Old 02-12-2009, 07:34 AM
Incognito

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
This site is good, I bought wheels from them before:
www.buywheelstoday.com

These are a bit more but sweet!

http://www.buywheelstoday.com/produc...ed+Spokes).bwt

those are nice.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:36 AM

I was about to buy these, but i decided to go with a different brand, but a very similar looking wheel. I'll post pics when I get home so u can get an idea of how it would look.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:46 AM

very nice wheels indeed, but i'm lazy when it comes to cleaning wheels, so i want nomore than 5 spokses.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by BigPete
those are nice.
yeah i am feeling those too..
Old 02-12-2009, 11:49 AM

That's an idea of how they would look.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:53 AM

if i'm not mistaken, i thought staggered wheels weren't good for FWD cars, or is it AWD?.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:28 PM

those look nice as hell...

what size wheels and are those 255's?...

what color are the rims...looks chrome and black mix.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:02 PM
Stang-seeking Max Missile

Originally Posted by JAMAICANLOVRBOY
if i'm not mistaken, i thought staggered wheels weren't good for FWD cars, or is it AWD?.
You're right, and it wouldn't be good for most AWD cars either. The Max is FWD, obviously, so you'd want your traction up front. Some people do it just for looks, even though it adversely affects the handling. I'll admit, it looks cool and I'm a big fan of wide tires, but I think it's smarter and safer to stagger on RWD cars.

Quick Reply: What do you guys think about these rims on my max...