6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Ready to throw in the towel, more issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 05:47 PM

Ready to throw in the towel, more issues

So, I had the seat pan, chrome roof trim, radio head unit, door module, door push button, and the low pressure AC hose replaced already under warranty. I also experience the creaky suspension in the winter but did nothing about it.

Now at 45k miles the drivers mirror decides to go all the way down when I move from park to drive, the wheel bearing is making an awful humming sound and when I turn the wheel back and forth I hear a clunking noise.

I have called Nissan Consumer Affairs and started a file and have an appointment with the dealer on Friday.. WTF NISSAN MAXIMA... WTF... I'm going to need brakes soon and I hope they can do something about the suspension problem and the wheel bearing otherwise, I'm probably looking at a $1000 bill.

I've read about most of these problems in other threads and was wondering if anyone else has experience the same kind of BS with their 2007? I never had a problem with my 2000 SE other than the 2 women who decided to bash into me when I was sitting still in 09, but I'm seriously considering getting rid of this car. Is it me? Do you think I got a lemon? Has anyone had this many problems.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:34 PM

you got a lemon for sure dood
Old 06-29-2010, 06:46 PM

Sounds like a Lemon dude.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:04 PM

For an '04/'05, yes... but a 2007? Yuck. I agree with the others...
Old 06-29-2010, 08:15 PM

ouch... sorry to hear bro. i think you got a 6.5 gen lemon there bud.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:50 PM
SmokinMaxSE

Request another 2007 Maxima. Customer rep will take your request and get back with you. I asked Nissan when they replaced my engine. They took one week to say no new car but gave me a new VQ engine.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:05 AM

sorry to hear that bro -- looks like you got a GM vehicle disguised as a 07 Maxima
my 04 has about 122k kms and I have had no issues....

Last edited by the macedonian; 06-30-2010 at 06:29 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:37 AM

My 04 has 48K no issues
Old 06-30-2010, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by SmokinMaxSE
Request another 2007 Maxima. Customer rep will take your request and get back with you. I asked Nissan when they replaced my engine. They took one week to say no new car but gave me a new VQ engine.

The dealer I am going to has an 08, and (2) 07's on the lot right now. So depending on what Nissan's response is, I may just try and work that angle. But my gut says, once all this stuff is fixed, the car will probably run forever... knock on wood.
Old 06-30-2010, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by papasuede
So, I had the seat pan, chrome roof trim, radio head unit, door module, door push button, and the low pressure AC hose replaced already under warranty. I also experience the creaky suspension in the winter but did nothing about it.

Now at 45k miles the drivers mirror decides to go all the way down when I move from park to drive, the wheel bearing is making an awful humming sound and when I turn the wheel back and forth I hear a clunking noise.

I have called Nissan Consumer Affairs and started a file and have an appointment with the dealer on Friday.. WTF NISSAN MAXIMA... WTF... I'm going to need brakes soon and I hope they can do something about the suspension problem and the wheel bearing otherwise, I'm probably looking at a $1000 bill.

I've read about most of these problems in other threads and was wondering if anyone else has experience the same kind of BS with their 2007? I never had a problem with my 2000 SE other than the 2 women who decided to bash into me when I was sitting still in 09, but I'm seriously considering getting rid of this car. Is it me? Do you think I got a lemon? Has anyone had this many problems.
My wheel bearing went about 2 months ago they covered it under the powertrain warranty 5/60. Do you have an extended warranty if you do I would say most of this is covered it sucks but be cool with nissan they might fix it all the brakes are wear and tear. My Battery just went dealer price was pretty high went to the local auto parts store and did it myself.

Also try getting your brakes done somewhere besides the dealer I had mine done at a brake shop and saved a lot compared to the dealer prices and they are ceramic pads I saved about 100 bucks so far 30000 miles on the pads with no problems. The only service I do is the majors and oil changes at the dealer hard to trust anybody else.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:29 PM

sounds like you have bad driving habits.

Bad bearing from potholes
Squeaky suspension is normal in winter for any car. Metal contracts in cold and when you drive it expands and contracts the spring + hard rubber mounts due to them freezing in the cold.

Roof strips is normal after salty/winter conditions

As for your side mirror going down when in Drive it sounds like a bad ground on your wiring part which im sure Nissan will look into it for you.

You also sound like a hypochondriac ^^ by reading forums and other peoples complaints.
But with ANY car you own it will have problems. Some much worse than what you have listed. Look at Toyotas self accelerating problem or back in the late 90s with Explorers and their Firestone tires.
Old 07-01-2010, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by jingiko
sounds like you have bad driving habits.
Huh? How to possible defective parts/assembly from the manufacturer have anything to do with driving habits?

I've owned 7 cars since I've been driving and none of them have had suspension noise like this. This max suspension is like an old horse buggy.

I read the forums to find out if the symptoms I am experiencing have been discussed and what people have done about it. I'm not making this crap up.

Agreed, some cars have many more problems, but I just don't want to deal with them. Thats why I have never driven a Ford or Toyota and the last Maxima I had lasted me 9 years. Mainly b/c the damn thing never had a problem. So, I rolled the dice on a newer one and I.... you get the picture.