Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008-48/)
-   -   Need Some Opinions... (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008/635965-need-some-opinions.html)

dee.signs 07-08-2011 09:59 AM

Need Some Opinions...

What's going on. I am gonna have a week off here soon and am planning to do some cosmo mods to my 07. First im getting rid of the horrid faded chrome strips on the winshield and roof. Going to paint them a gloss black. Also while i am in that area i am going to paint the bezel pieces on either side of the rear window. Mainly because the pait is fading on one of them. But the tyhin i want some input with is what should i do with the headlights.

I am planning on disassembling them and giving them some color inside the housing, minus the reflectors. Should i go a nice gloss black, or do you think i should stick with the smoke body color? If you guys have diffrent pice of color combos, please post.

I am also doing some ironman leds in the housing, mainly because it will add a DTRL, and it will look nice and clean. Also i am working on a circuit that will light them up sequentially around the actual Lens. Then they will stay lit. I just want to put some of my electronics know how to work.

I will be posting pics, Let me hear from ya..

6.5affiliate 07-08-2011 07:36 PM

It depends on what look you want for your ride. You could color match your chrome strips and have black headlights and grille. Or black roof strips and color matched headlights. Or black roof strips, headlights, and grille. All of those combos will look good but ....:worthless

EDIT: one more option is to paint the reflectors black chrome. It'll still be just as reflective but more stylish IMO

MaxPrime 07-08-2011 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by 6.5affiliate (Post 8113563)
It depends on what look you want for your ride. You could color match your chrome strips and have black headlights and grille. Or black roof strips and color matched headlights. Or black roof strips, headlights, and grille. All of those combos will look good but ....:worthless

EDIT: one more option is to paint the reflectors black chrome. It'll still be just as reflective but more stylish IMO

+1

dee.signs 07-09-2011 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by 6.5affiliate (Post 8113563)

pics of what?

twentyeggs 07-09-2011 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by dee.signs (Post 8113769)
pics of what?

DEE DEH-DEE!!!

infinimax96 07-09-2011 01:14 AM

I think he's looking for pics of examples so he can decide what he wants to do with his own modding. I would post some pics but I don't own a 6th Gen. If you want my opinion though I would probably go with a blacked out JDM headlight housing like you first suggested. To each their own though.

Good luck with the modding. :cool:

ramtin325i 07-12-2011 06:20 PM

I agree ^

Almost any car with blacked out headlights, drop and wheels can pull off head turners. Post some pictures of your car so we can form some ideas

6.5affiliate 07-12-2011 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by dee.signs (Post 8113769)
pics of what?

Originally Posted by ramtin325i (Post 8118779)
Post some pictures of your car so we can form some ideas

That's exactly what I was trying to say to the guy.

dee.signs 07-14-2011 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by 6.5affiliate (Post 8119118)
That's exactly what I was trying to say to the guy.

This is goin nowhere.... I have ideas, i want to see pics of others finished product. But i'll tell ya what.. If i get the time ill get her all cleaned up and post some pics of headlights that you should already have seen. I just got my car recently. Still stock rims, no tint . So this would be the start
bUT I guess i should gets some pics any how....