6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Need Some Opinions...

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 09:59 AM

Need Some Opinions...

What's going on. I am gonna have a week off here soon and am planning to do some cosmo mods to my 07. First im getting rid of the horrid faded chrome strips on the winshield and roof. Going to paint them a gloss black. Also while i am in that area i am going to paint the bezel pieces on either side of the rear window. Mainly because the pait is fading on one of them. But the tyhin i want some input with is what should i do with the headlights.

I am planning on disassembling them and giving them some color inside the housing, minus the reflectors. Should i go a nice gloss black, or do you think i should stick with the smoke body color? If you guys have diffrent pice of color combos, please post.

I am also doing some ironman leds in the housing, mainly because it will add a DTRL, and it will look nice and clean. Also i am working on a circuit that will light them up sequentially around the actual Lens. Then they will stay lit. I just want to put some of my electronics know how to work.

I will be posting pics, Let me hear from ya..
Old 07-08-2011, 07:36 PM

It depends on what look you want for your ride. You could color match your chrome strips and have black headlights and grille. Or black roof strips and color matched headlights. Or black roof strips, headlights, and grille. All of those combos will look good but ....

EDIT: one more option is to paint the reflectors black chrome. It'll still be just as reflective but more stylish IMO

Last edited by 6.5affiliate; 07-08-2011 at 07:41 PM.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by 6.5affiliate
It depends on what look you want for your ride. You could color match your chrome strips and have black headlights and grille. Or black roof strips and color matched headlights. Or black roof strips, headlights, and grille. All of those combos will look good but ....

EDIT: one more option is to paint the reflectors black chrome. It'll still be just as reflective but more stylish IMO
+1
Old 07-09-2011, 12:14 AM

pics of what?
Old 07-09-2011, 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by dee.signs
pics of what?
DEE DEH-DEE!!!

Last edited by twentyeggs; 07-09-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 01:14 AM

I think he's looking for pics of examples so he can decide what he wants to do with his own modding. I would post some pics but I don't own a 6th Gen. If you want my opinion though I would probably go with a blacked out JDM headlight housing like you first suggested. To each their own though.

Good luck with the modding.
Old 07-12-2011, 06:20 PM

I agree ^

Almost any car with blacked out headlights, drop and wheels can pull off head turners. Post some pictures of your car so we can form some ideas
Old 07-12-2011, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by dee.signs
pics of what?
Originally Posted by ramtin325i
Post some pictures of your car so we can form some ideas
That's exactly what I was trying to say to the guy.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:37 PM

That's exactly what I was trying to say to the guy.
This is goin nowhere.... I have ideas, i want to see pics of others finished product. But i'll tell ya what.. If i get the time ill get her all cleaned up and post some pics of headlights that you should already have seen. I just got my car recently. Still stock rims, no tint . So this would be the start
bUT I guess i should gets some pics any how....