6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

How To Disable Auto Steering Wheel/Tilt??

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 03:03 PM

How To Disable Auto Steering Wheel/Tilt??

My steering wheel has been acting up lately, which I've come to find out I need a new motor. My steering wheel will randomly not go up & down but in & out. I was wondering would anybody know where the fuse is, so when it does steering wheel does come back down, I can leave it in the position until I replace the motor.

Thanks
Old 02-25-2013, 05:15 PM

You can turn the auto tilt on exit on/off. Turn the ignition to ON and press the setting button on your info screen til it says something like "personalize custom settings joystick down." press the joystick down until you come the the auto tilt on exit setting and set it to off. Now when you open the door, the wheel will stay in place.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:57 PM

what he said.
Old 02-26-2013, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by myownworld
You can turn the auto tilt on exit on/off. Turn the ignition to ON and press the setting button on your info screen til it says something like "personalize custom settings joystick down." press the joystick down until you come the the auto tilt on exit setting and set it to off. Now when you open the door, the wheel will stay in place.
Thanks I found that option yesterday after posting this, but would you happen to know where the steering wheel fuse is to disable it? I took it to the shop yesterday for a basic oil change & the guy moved my steering wheel back up & now it's stuck again.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:41 AM
KC's FINEST

I'm doubting its on its own fuse. Turn the auto option off and put it back where you want it.

Might try removing the lower panel and unplugging it too.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:19 PM

Im lost, if he put it up why dont you just put it back where you want it with the switch
Old 02-27-2013, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by KCMAXX
I'm doubting its on its own fuse. Turn the auto option off and put it back where you want it.

Might try removing the lower panel and unplugging it too.
Thanks I never thought about unplugging it. I thought maybe it was a fuse from stopping it to move completely.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by 06BlckMax
Im lost, if he put it up why dont you just put it back where you want it with the switch
The motor is going bad so it gets stuck sometimes when you move it which is why i turned the auto move off. When I would get out the car it would go all the way up & once I would get back in the car to drive again it would stay that way for a couple of days. Everytime you would use the **** to make it go back down all you would hear is a clicking sound. So I would have to wait until the motor wanted to act correctly in order to get to go back down.

I just wanted to disable it completely so it wouldn't move at all even when you used the ****.