6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Wont start, clicks once, the end

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 01:10 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Wont start, clicks once, the end

My '05 SE 6 speed manual has been working fine. This morning I moved it up the driveway to keep it from getting dusty while I mowed the grass. Trying to start it to move it back, nothing but a click and all dash lights work. The battery will power all 4 windows and the sun roof. Horn loud. Don't think battery is the problem. This car has always started within one second upon turning the key. Is there a fuse in connection with having to push in the clutch to start? Any input as to where I could look for the problem? Thanks.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:45 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Follow up to 'wont start'

Well, checked all the fuses and nothing there. After checking the manual, it appears I have a squirrely NVIS. Pressing clutch, key to start, nothing. Leaving key at start, release clutch and press again..starts up. They show a procedure for failing to start and I went through that; it worked the first time, not the second time. Tried sitting in the car locking and unlocking using the key fob. It must have done something because now it starts up as it always has upon repeated tries. If it fails to start, I guess I can always resort to pushing and releasing the clutch twice....what a pain.

This whole thing might be Karma; I did bet the Steelers to win by 3 against Tampa Bay.