6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

2004 Maxima P0011, P1110 - Limp Mode

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2016, 11:05 AM

2004 Maxima P0011, P1110 - Limp Mode

I have replaced, crank sensor, and both cam sensors 3 times with oem sensors. Redo the entire entire timing chain and ensure that the timing is right. Replaced both Solenoid valves on each side, and ensure that current is getting to all my sensors and valves however I still have P0011 and p1110. The car would be driving and it would just go into limp mode. I have fix other codes in my car recently and able to clear it from the ECU completely and I really don't think its the ECU that needs to be replace. Cause I can clear the codes p0011 and p1110 and it doesn't come back on right away. I need some assistance please? There are no other codes than p0011 and p1110 on my car. I'm, at the point I',m looking for another car if I can't fix. I live in the bahamas that does not have to many experience technicians with Nissans. And I had more than 5 different mechanics look at it.

History before issues started:
The catalytic converters got clogged and the car was over heating and moving sluggish. I cut them all out and then this issue started.

Last edited by SATXBOX; 11-13-2016 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-28-2017, 08:09 PM

After getting a 5th advice and further diagnostics, the rear cam bank 1 timing was off by a few degrees and bank 2 was accurate time. It's reason why I kept getting p0011 cause its bank 1. I also bought a sprocket for bank 1 as well thinking that was the issue. But if anyone keeps getting this issue p0011 and have exhausted everything I did, please recheck the vehicle timing.
My vehicle did not had any recent timing work done and the issue with p0011 happen on its own, so would never thought to go after the timing chain firstly.