6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

How to price loaded 6MT with ABS actuator issue?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2017, 03:44 PM

How to price loaded 6MT with ABS actuator issue?

I'm going to sell my 2005 6MT. I've plopped about ~$3000 into it in the last 3 years and it's time to move on. The ABS actuator needs to be replaced ($1200 + 6(?) hours of labor), like many of the Maximas.

It sucks to move on from the Maxima after 7 years of VQ love, and nearly 6 years in this '05.

My problem is, what the heck is the car worth? Book value is pathetic, but it seems that people are listing cars that barely run or have spun bearings (!) for $3000+ on Craigslist here in San Diego. I have no idea what to list it for.

Cons: Needs a $1200 ABS actuator. It's got 153K miles, has scratches on the passenger side door and mirror, dents in the front bumper, and several of the vent direction/flow ***** have been knocked into the dashboard. Transmission was replaced at 65K miles, before I got it, but the previous owner was insanely ham-fisted and the shifter bushings are worn for 5th gear. Clutch strength is fine and all synchros are in good order. Car's 12 years old, so there are rattles around the glovebox. Front springs make some groaning noises whenever you first start driving. It's been driven by an enthusiast. It has the helmholtz resonators/intake silencers removed and 5-pc NWS phenolic intake spacers installed. K&N panel filter correctly lubed about 2000 miles ago.

Pros: New brakes (like... fewer than 50 miles.), new rear wheel hubs, new rear ABS sensors, new Contintental DW summer tires up front (500 miles), Continental DWS Extreme all-seasons on the back (8/32 tread). Timing chain tensioner repair done at 120K miles. Iridium NGK plugs done at 100K miles. New precats about 1000 miles ago. Both upstream air/fuel sensors replaced (NGKs) about 500 miles ago. New driver seat cushion 3 years ago (see remark about previous owner being hamfisted). Has the elite package (2+2 heated leather buckets), so power sunshade, folding mirrors, navigation (bought a new map data DVD for it in 2013). Tokio Excel shocks done at all 4 corners 3 years / 7000 miles ago. No check engine lights, registered in San Diego, CA.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking maybe $4500 and seeing what the local response is.

Last edited by Eirik; 04-01-2017 at 03:52 PM.