6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

No codes but abs acting up?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 09:51 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

No codes but abs acting up?

2007 Nissan Maxima SE
220,000 KM.
Car doesn't have any issues except the ****ty abs noise I constantly keep hearing.
scanned the car and I never got any codes except for p0455 which has nothing to do with abs and already fixed it.
My car keeps making like a rubbing noise Everytime I hit the brake. No abs light or any light on the dash.
Pulled out the abs fuse but now my speedo doesn't work but my car is perfect and strong.
I want to know what could possibly be doing this as my actuator should be good since I have no codes.
I need it fixed it's super annoying and makes the car feel like garbage.
can I disconnect my abs completly and keep my speedo?
I know how to drive without abs as I came from a foreign country where my old car had no abs and I know to pump brakes and whatsoever.
plz tell me how I can fix it or how to pull out abs with speedo working.
Thanks!
Old 06-04-2017, 11:46 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

What scanner do you use to read the codes? Some $10 bluetooth ELM 327 to read codes on your phone? This will never show you ABS codes. You need something more serious, capable of pulling ABS code, and the best would be Nissan Consult that dealerships use. It will give you the code, guaranteed.
Old 06-05-2017, 11:43 AM

Your brakes may be dragging. Check the caliper pistons and pins.
Old 07-10-2017, 07:26 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I had a simulator issue. check your rear abs acturator. it could be rusted. so rear brakes might need to be replaced. it has to do with the abs sensor.