6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Where is the FM antenna?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2017, 12:16 AM

Where is the FM antenna?

Hey, long time no post. I am wondering where the antenna for the FM radio is located. I've read something about it being a window antenna?

I get alright reception. It is very clear while I am in the city, but as I start to drive away I start to lose reception in areas where in another car it would still be crystal clear. It's not a problem 99% of the time but I'd still like to know where it is.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:07 AM
Administrator

Have you looked at your back window yet? It would be obvious if the antennae is there or not.
Old 05-06-2017, 06:28 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

If I recall some past posts it's a massive design flaw where it's in the roof, not on top of it or near a window like most cars, in it, so it's under a huge sheet of metal and thus can't get great reception unless you're close to the source. I never even bothered trying to fix this and have just been using an AUX cassette tape, recently upgraded to a bluetooth tape for added convenience, and use Spotify from my phone, and I can also use either TuneIn Radio or iHeartRadio to get local stations in crystal clear quality all the time as well.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:12 PM
Banned

The whole 6th gen was a massive design flaw.
Old 05-14-2017, 12:37 PM

The radio antenna is in the rear window, not under/in the roof.

There also is an antenna amplifier located in the right side C pillar. If this were to be failing, it could account for poor reception. Unfortunately, I don't know how you would test this other than swap it out.
Old 05-16-2017, 01:50 PM

Well guys, I no longer care where the antenna is. I came across an awesome product. But first things first. I have tried FM transmitters in the past and they were complete junk. 100% waste of money, even the expensive ones. But apparently while we were not looking FM transmitter technology has taken huge strides. I did a search on the best blue tooth FM transmitters and this one popped up on several sites as number one. I gave it a try and I am blown away. I use it every day. It auto connects to your phone via blue tooth and whatever happens on your phone comes out the speakers. This baby is so strong that it will overpower a clear station and take over the frequency, however you still get better quality on an open channel. It also comes with a 2.1a usb charger so you can charge your phone warp speed style, an aux in w/cable, and micro SD in case you want to load it up with MP3s.

I've had zero problems, The sound quality is great/rivaling a cassette adapter. Finally a wire free solution. I bought another one for my G35. And it is CHEAP for how good it is. It has 4.5 stars with over 5,000 reviews so the numbers speak for themselves. Check it out, link below.

Amazon Amazon

Last edited by twentyeggs; 05-16-2017 at 01:52 PM.