6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

New member with a misfire

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 10:09 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

New member with a misfire

Hey everyone! I’m new here and just picked up a 04 SE maxima for 500 bucks. It needed a starter put that in and fired up. Well now I have a misfire on cyl 1 (P0301) I’ve put a new injector in, Swaped out the coil and the spark plug to cylinder 2 to see if the misfire would change to cylinder 2 and no luck. I feel a injector pluse with my finger while it’s running. I’ve looked at the wiring and it seems okay. I have power to the coil as well as a Ground from the PCM (not sure how to test singal) but I’m out of ideas. The car takes about a minute or two to start. It’ll crank for 1-2 minutes before firing up. The engine doesn’t skip like there would be no compression it sounds very healthy. I’m thinking a crank sensor now? But no codes for that. Would you think that could cause the misfire? Thanks everyone

also a side note. As I rev the car up to about 4K it seems smooth. It’s when it’s idling around 500-2500 rpms you can feel the shake