Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008-48/)
-   -   2008 headlight question (https://maxima.org/forums/6th-generation-maxima-2004-2008/700708-2008-headlight-question.html)

boosted___ 02-26-2018 08:07 PM

2008 headlight question

I've searched everywhere on trying to find black housing headlights for my 08 Maxima I guess they have factory HIDs the headlight housing says d2s, all the housings I find online say not compatible with factory xenon lights. I'm curious on my options and why all of those aren't compatible, sorry for the long message I've been looking for weeks this is kind of my last resort on knowing what I can do for black housing headlights

hichamaziz 02-28-2018 05:01 AM

there many of factories

follyburr 02-28-2018 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by boosted___ (Post 9169640)
I've searched everywhere on trying to find black housing headlights for my 08 Maxima I guess they have factory HIDs the headlight housing says d2s, all the housings I find online say not compatible with factory xenon lights. I'm curious on my options and why all of those aren't compatible, sorry for the long message I've been looking for weeks this is kind of my last resort on knowing what I can do for black housing headlights

aftermarket headlight assemblies probably dont have xenon bulb compatibility. (i.e. headlight bulb bases are different). They are probably halogen and you will have to find the right bulb size(non-xenon HID or halogen) that fits that aftermarket projector. I dont know about the sizes that the aftermarket headlight assembly uses so i opened/baked my assemblies and painted the inside black. I have a 2006. If i missed something, someone else will correct me.

boosted___ 03-01-2018 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by follyburr (Post 9169774)
aftermarket headlight assemblies probably dont have xenon bulb compatibility. (i.e. headlight bulb bases are different). They are probably halogen and you will have to find the right bulb size(non-xenon HID or halogen) that fits that aftermarket projector. I dont know about the sizes that the aftermarket headlight assembly uses so i opened/baked my assemblies and painted the inside black. I have a 2006. If i missed something, someone else will correct me.

Is there a easy way to convert back to halogen so I can get black housing headlights ?

follyburr 03-03-2018 01:32 PM

I had to research online, beforehand.(i.e. forum, youtube) I had to bake them in the oven in order to separate the headlight assemblies. There is also a few screws that should come off. Some people use heat guns instead of an oven. Once you separate the assemblies, you can remove the parts that you paint black. I used spray can.

boosted___ 03-03-2018 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by follyburr (Post 9170005)
I had to research online, beforehand.(i.e. forum, youtube) I had to bake them in the oven in order to separate the headlight assemblies. There is also a few screws that should come off. Some people use heat guns instead of an oven. Once you separate the assemblies, you can remove the parts that you paint black. I used spray can.

Thanks. It's looking like that's my only option unfortunately