6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

2008 headlight question

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 08:07 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

2008 headlight question

I've searched everywhere on trying to find black housing headlights for my 08 Maxima I guess they have factory HIDs the headlight housing says d2s, all the housings I find online say not compatible with factory xenon lights. I'm curious on my options and why all of those aren't compatible, sorry for the long message I've been looking for weeks this is kind of my last resort on knowing what I can do for black housing headlights
Old 02-28-2018, 05:01 AM

there many of factories
Old 02-28-2018, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by boosted___
I've searched everywhere on trying to find black housing headlights for my 08 Maxima I guess they have factory HIDs the headlight housing says d2s, all the housings I find online say not compatible with factory xenon lights. I'm curious on my options and why all of those aren't compatible, sorry for the long message I've been looking for weeks this is kind of my last resort on knowing what I can do for black housing headlights
aftermarket headlight assemblies probably dont have xenon bulb compatibility. (i.e. headlight bulb bases are different). They are probably halogen and you will have to find the right bulb size(non-xenon HID or halogen) that fits that aftermarket projector. I dont know about the sizes that the aftermarket headlight assembly uses so i opened/baked my assemblies and painted the inside black. I have a 2006. If i missed something, someone else will correct me.
Old 03-01-2018, 12:20 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by follyburr
aftermarket headlight assemblies probably dont have xenon bulb compatibility. (i.e. headlight bulb bases are different). They are probably halogen and you will have to find the right bulb size(non-xenon HID or halogen) that fits that aftermarket projector. I dont know about the sizes that the aftermarket headlight assembly uses so i opened/baked my assemblies and painted the inside black. I have a 2006. If i missed something, someone else will correct me.
Is there a easy way to convert back to halogen so I can get black housing headlights ?
Old 03-03-2018, 01:32 PM

I had to research online, beforehand.(i.e. forum, youtube) I had to bake them in the oven in order to separate the headlight assemblies. There is also a few screws that should come off. Some people use heat guns instead of an oven. Once you separate the assemblies, you can remove the parts that you paint black. I used spray can.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:28 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by follyburr
I had to research online, beforehand.(i.e. forum, youtube) I had to bake them in the oven in order to separate the headlight assemblies. There is also a few screws that should come off. Some people use heat guns instead of an oven. Once you separate the assemblies, you can remove the parts that you paint black. I used spray can.
Thanks. It's looking like that's my only option unfortunately