7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 Nissan Maxima pics/videos

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Very sound, Mike

A couple of comments to some posts.

I think the red stitching is an option, it is not on the other leaked photo.

As for the halogen high-beams, it may look like it, but those could also just be driving lights. There's a good chance the HID's will even come with a manual leveler as the new Murano has it as well.

The front grille definitely has a "Dodge Charger" look to it though.

I also did an overlay of the 6th gen with the 7th gen... if the 7th gen is indeed of similar wheelbase, then sad to say the 7th gen is slightly taller at the roofline and hood section, it also has a longer body. Hopefully that is not the case and that the 7th gen is actually a bit more compact.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:28 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

After seeing these pics, I'll go ahead and get a 6th gen and throw that new kit that MAX2DAMAX is working on. The 7th gen just looks like a compilation of every trendy style out there currently. It definitely doesn't scream 4DSC to me with it's stance, front, and rear. I miss my 4th gen.
Old 03-18-2008, 12:32 PM

i like it lets hope it has a a 6 speed iam sure this will be well over 30G
Old 03-18-2008, 12:41 PM

cant wit for tomorrow with full specs and more pics!
Old 03-18-2008, 12:48 PM

need to see it in black
Old 03-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Very sound, Mike

Originally Posted by STARR
need to see it in black
Ask and you shall receive

You'll likely need to be logged in to see the attachments.
Attached Thumbnails 2009 Nissan Maxima pics/videos-maxblack.jpg   2009 Nissan Maxima pics/videos-maxblue.jpg   2009 Nissan Maxima pics/videos-maxgray.jpg   2009 Nissan Maxima pics/videos-maxred.jpg   2009 Nissan Maxima pics/videos-maxyellow.jpg  

Old 03-18-2008, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by MaximusMorpheus
Damn that looks sick! Very nice!
looks SICK, I LOVE it.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:07 PM

cant wait to get home and make it look better
Old 03-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Project Ruby......

with some bigger wheels from the factory this car may looks a lot better. But on a boat that size the wheels look PUNY.

One thing I have noticed the interior has similarities to the G37's interior.

G37 Interior

Maxima Interior
Old 03-18-2008, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by 4DRSpeed
One thing I have noticed the interior has similarities to the G37's interior.
The G37 interior is much much nicer. The 09 Max interior seems to be overdone. Whats up with those aluminium borders round the ***** and buttons? Looks outright ricey to me. Maybe this is the concept of "sporty" to the Nissan designer
Old 03-18-2008, 01:23 PM

HOLY crap,

Soundmike did you do those colors in photoshop or were those released?

I am loving that blue. I have been a big fan of it since one of my friends bought the 2002 lexus GS430 in that shade of blue. But actually now seing it in a few colors really makes the car look better. The black is very very nice looking too.

I know a lot of people including myself dont like the front lights because of the turn signal which come around the corner. But I am going to see how it really looks up close because it could be that the pictures are taken at an angle to show it off more.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:28 PM

Wow, that was different than expected. I guess I am part of the peanut gallery when I say that I am not that initially excited seeing it. I have owned a 4th Gen, and now a 5G, and have always had great respect for the Maxima. I just don't love it, it doesn't seem radical enough for the right reasons? What happened to the great bubbly flowing cars nissan made (Z, murano,5G maxima, 03 altima)? Nissan seems to be going like American cars and making everything square. The last cars from Nissan that excited me were the 1st gen G35 coupe and Murano. This Maxima looks like a kitbash of a Ford Taurus, Chevy Malibu, and the original M35. The steering wheel isn't shocking. Why can't they keep that wheel from the 04-06 years for many Infinitis and some Nissans (that T shape)? I thought that looked awesome. Oh well, I am just disappointed in watching how Toyota got boring, and now Nissan going into never never land. Make a statement! That's how Apple Computer stays on top now, by taking chances. Please oh please, have some radical colors too, ex: striking blues, yellow, orange/copper... Enough of the same old silver, light green, gold, etc. Well just my opinion
Old 03-18-2008, 01:29 PM

Hey Soundmike, if Nissan comes in those colors, I will be excited!
Old 03-18-2008, 01:40 PM
Very sound, Mike

Originally Posted by vladi77
HOLY crap,

Soundmike did you do those colors in photoshop or were those released?
LOL. They were just quick Photoshop's

4DRSpeed, this seems to be Nissans (as a company, not just the brand) overall design direction for interiors. Even the new Murano has the same thing going on.
Old 03-18-2008, 01:57 PM

lol foot e-brake does not = 4dsc
how you suppose to power slide like in the 5th gen adds wtf
Old 03-18-2008, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by SickSE
Well...

I think this is my last Maxima...

That square grill just does not look right. Looks like some arab version of an infinity M to me.
And also halogen high beams FTL....
I think they are just day time running lights, not halogen high beams.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:10 PM

Not bad. I think it looks alot better than the 6th gen, but believe it or not the 6th gen is growing on me. I like the exterior. Its less boaty and more sleek. The interior doesnt really do it for me though.
Old 03-18-2008, 02:31 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

I will have to see it in person...looks good but the front end
Old 03-18-2008, 02:48 PM

Since 2004 Nissan keeps copying the Altima and calls it a MAXIMA and since 2003 I will not get a newer model until they stop copying the Altima and create a new Maxima look at the side view and the front wheel wells and fender bump total Altima total 4 door generic family sedan Altima, Camry, Accord.....ugly not sporty straight to a rental car. Maxima stood out from the rest the only hope is a infiniti G37 that in the recent years looks somewhat sporty. I disapprove and hope Nissan corrects its ways or after the 2003 gets too old I will be looking for another make.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:49 PM

Hey kryogen or anyone else that knows about projector headlights. is there a seperate bulb for the high beams? or is it produce from the same projector? I ask because my friends lexus has the daytime running lights and I think Kryogen is correct in that those lamps look like daytime runners.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:53 PM
*moderator*

Nice ChromeSE5, better than the one I posted this morning...

Old 03-18-2008, 04:10 PM

....this car is niiiiiiiiiiiice. It's funny to see that many of you are crying for no apparent reason. You guys expect the new Maxima to have the finish and performance of perhaps a car priced at about $50,000-up, but yet ***** when the sticker price is a little above $35,000. So what is it? We all know Nissan won't go over the top design and performance wise with their Nissan line because of their Infiniti market. I definately like this car, especially with the photoshopped "lowered" version of it. The interior looks very nice, clean, and has a touch of luxury to it. The back might be my only qualm with this car, but it's something that can easily be overseen. I like the front of the car, especially the agressive lines. Again, not that fond of the side of the front light (looks like a shark and its dorsil fin), but that with time will grow on me. I'm interested in seeing the back seats of this car and the options and specs, but by no means do I expect the "long awaited AWD/RWD, 300+hp, etc. savior" that the majority of this site has been dreaming about. Again, if you want that type of vehicle than consider venturing outside of Nissan and go towards the Infiniti, where you get that car you've all been waiting for out of the Maxima.

Just my .02.....many of you want this "ultimate Maxima", well it does exist, but it's not called a Nissan Maxima, it's called an Infiniti G37.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:20 PM

^^^^ Have to agree 100%
Everyone is always going to have something negative to say about the new model for whatever reason they have. I really like the car and after seing those photoshop pictures of the car lowered and the different colors it has really grown on me.

I am not too happy with the rims, I hope there is another option or I will just keep these as the winter rims and get something for the rest of the year. The grill I will change as soon as possible for something aftermarket. The part of the headlights that wraps around is the only thing that is getting to me but I think the more I look at the car from front the more I forget about it.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:24 PM

I understand what you mean, but I am not looking at a 50k car. I don't care about AWD, 24" tires, manual transmission, flux capacitors, etc. I am looking for some better design that is not merely American boxiness. When the Z, Murano, Altima, etc came out, they were not 50k cars, but looked great (or at least different without). Nissan is getting conservative in many ways like Toyota which is gonna sink Toyota eventually. Just cause they are Nissan doesn't mean they have to become bland or retreads. Again look at Apple how it remains relevant with $50 ipods and $500 iphones (from all spectrums of price).
The Max just reminds me too much of a GM (Malibu or Saturn) or a Ford. I hope I am wrong, and like it in person. The Altima grew on me (the new one), but I still wish they took more chances with it.

Originally Posted by 2k4MaximaSE
....this car is niiiiiiiiiiiice. It's funny to see that many of you are crying for no apparent reason. You guys expect the new Maxima to have the finish and performance of perhaps a car priced at about $50,000-up, but yet ***** when the sticker price is a little above $35,000. So what is it? We all know Nissan won't go over the top design and performance wise with their Nissan line because of their Infiniti market. I definately like this car, especially with the photoshopped "lowered" version of it. The interior looks very nice, clean, and has a touch of luxury to it. The back might be my only qualm with this car, but it's something that can easily be overseen. I like the front of the car, especially the agressive lines. Again, not that fond of the side of the front light (looks like a shark and its dorsil fin), but that with time will grow on me. I'm interested in seeing the back seats of this car and the options and specs, but by no means do I expect the "long awaited AWD/RWD, 300+hp, etc. savior" that the majority of this site has been dreaming about. Again, if you want that type of vehicle than consider venturing outside of Nissan and go towards the Infiniti, where you get that car you've all been waiting for out of the Maxima.

Just my .02.....many of you want this "ultimate Maxima", well it does exist, but it's not called a Nissan Maxima, it's called an Infiniti G37.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:33 PM

The words that come to mind looking at this car definitely don't include "conservative", "GM" or "Ford".
Old 03-18-2008, 04:49 PM
Tha Snatcher

Originally Posted by SickSE
Well...

And also halogen high beams FTL....
How do you know that the halogen reflectors are gonna be used for DRL? It could have bi-xenons...
Old 03-18-2008, 04:50 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Legislation is the cause of these weird front ends

Are you guys aware of European Union legislation regarding pedestrian safety? It may help to understand how it affects front end design. As the Maxima is a world car, it must meet the requirements for leading edge hood impact limits on adult upper legs and head impact limits on the top of the hood.

Basically, we're going to start seeing a lot of flat fronted cars that serve to spread out an impact over a greater surface area and hoods that seem to bulge up for no apparent reason. The reason is that when you strike that old lady in the crosswalk, her head is supposed to deflect the relatively soft sheetmetal instead of the hard engine block right under a close-tolerance hood.

You may not like the front end of the new Maxi now, but when every other new car model that is also sold in the EU starts adopting these design limitations, it'll grow on you.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2005/jul/07/6
Old 03-18-2008, 04:51 PM
Tha Snatcher

The front end looks great, it didn't throw me off like the 6th gen did. I'd like to see it in person.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:57 PM
I love lamp.

Is it me, or does the grill looked like similar to an S80?

Old 03-18-2008, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by toucansma
I understand what you mean, but I am not looking at a 50k car. I don't care about AWD, 24" tires, manual transmission, flux capacitors, etc. I am looking for some better design that is not merely American boxiness. When the Z, Murano, Altima, etc came out, they were not 50k cars, but looked great (or at least different without). Nissan is getting conservative in many ways like Toyota which is gonna sink Toyota eventually. Just cause they are Nissan doesn't mean they have to become bland or retreads. Again look at Apple how it remains relevant with $50 ipods and $500 iphones (from all spectrums of price).
The Max just reminds me too much of a GM (Malibu or Saturn) or a Ford. I hope I am wrong, and like it in person. The Altima grew on me (the new one), but I still wish they took more chances with it.
.....you have to come to the realization, even though it's a very bad one.....Nissan's are made in the U.S. So in actuality it has become an American car in its own way. I feel what you're saying with the Murano/Altima, but Nissan did go and "pushed" the envelope with the 6th gen Maxima by going on a completely different route, but what did you get? Many people not liking the "bubble body". I constantly see on these boards people saying how the 6th gen is too big, too bubbly, doesn't look sporty and whatever other complaints they might have with the looks. No matter what a car manufacturer does (be it Nissan, Mercedes, BMW, etc.) they won't be able to please all of us, it's impossible. They try to come up with a car that general audience (especially those who are current and/or previous owners of their vehicles) to try and hook them with the new model.

I think that Nissan in a way has shot themselves in the foot. Not because of how they've styled the 7th generation Maxima, but with the drastic evolution they gave the Altima. It's as if though the only reason why the Maxima is still in the Nissan line of vehicles it's because of its longevity and prominence, otherwise, it wouldn't be a surprise to me if Nissan execs at one point or another had talks about possibly dropping the Maxima all together. The Maxima is in a territory that's beneficial to it, but at the same time could be a downfall. Beneficial in the sense that it can use cues from its upscale brothers in the Infiniti G and M models. I like the where Nissan is taking the Maxima, more luxury oriented and if the 6th generation wasn't proof of that, just look at this new interior. But, also, it could be its downfall due to the fact that Nissan still takes very visible cues from the Altima and attatches it to the Maxima. If the Maxima is truly Nissan's flagship vehicle than they definately have to take another route as far as the platform that they use for the Maxima. Instead of sharing the platform of the Altima, use that of the G, or the M, or make one exclusively for the Maxima taking all the pros of the Altima, G, and M platforms and giving it a unique finish for the Maxima.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:00 PM

Old 03-18-2008, 05:03 PM
Z

Forgive my sh*t skills with Photoshop (truth be told I did this in Paint). But a little eyelid or vinyl cover does a lot to the look, imo. Even though I still love it. Can someone do a better job of the look I'm trying to achieve?

Edit: A slight augmentation:

Last edited by NYPD-Arnold; 03-18-2008 at 05:07 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:10 PM
Z

Someone chopped the curve out. Looks nice!!

Old 03-18-2008, 05:19 PM
Z

Old 03-18-2008, 05:22 PM

Car looks fantastic!!!
Old 03-18-2008, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by NYPD-Arnold
Forgive my sh*t skills with Photoshop (truth be told I did this in Paint). But a little eyelid or vinyl cover does a lot to the look, imo. Even though I still love it. Can someone do a better job of the look I'm trying to achieve?
LOL... You closed that cute little thing altogether... The Nissan designers might have put hours of work into inventing that design for pleasing us... Don't you have any respect for that?

To be serious, the entire headlight design is a bit wierd. The headlights of the 6th gen Max or the current G37 or M go well with the rest of the body. In the 09 Max, it doesn't quite fit in with the rest of the body. And the same with the grill.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:19 PM

This 7th gen looks alot like a shadow of the the G37. I feel this 7th gen has lost some of the "maxima-ness" and the 4DSC thing.. My previous 5th gen was distinctive enough to seperate it from the Honda's and Toyota's. Then the 6th came out and it wasn't really a attention grabber for me, except for the 6.5th gen (now that the 7th gen is out!). Anyways..it seems like Infiniti wanted this to be part of the G-series line-up and then scraped the plans. The maxima has lost some of it's uniqueness. Or maybe the designers are seeing something I don't see. It's got a less-dressed up version of an Infiniti grill, headlights shaped that slightly look like its from the prev. gen Impreza (apart from the oddly designed bottom portion), hood lines like the G37, rear taillights reminiscent of a Yaris and lastly why the distinct wheel well arch lines as it seems to take away from the rest of the vehicle.

I hope this Gen resurrects the sluggish sales of a nameplate, otherwise we may not see a 8th gen.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:28 PM

Great time for my first post

This car is actually growing on me. I love everything about it besides the headlights. I can just see in my head, that if that little thing that sticks out, if that was gone, it would be amazing. I can headlights like these on there, and it would be a winner for me :d

obviously not as pointy as these headlights, but that square look that gets smaller I think would look amazing. If I knew how to use photoshop I would do it but I do not
Old 03-18-2008, 06:30 PM

As older people say....."oh my"..........That thing is hideous and from what I can see there is nothing sporty looking about it. When the public gets views of it the few remaining 6.5 gen SE's will fly off of dealers lots, as the 6.5 gen SE has a sporty look it form the side and rear. Its looks like 07+ G35 did it to an 07+ Camry and this is there offspring! I can't wait to see what the 09 TL has to offer
Old 03-18-2008, 06:50 PM
Silver Tooth S2K 9k FTMFW

damn!!! i love it, i want it

Quick Reply: 2009 Nissan Maxima pics/videos