7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i'm gonna need glasses. crappy PICS!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 08:44 AM

i'm gonna need glasses. crappy PICS!

in case you haven't noticed by now, all three of these cars are clones of each other.

the camry has a slightly different front end, but everything else all looks the exact same. the trunk, the grills, even the placement of the taillights!

this all came to me when my friend showed me his brand new accord, and how much he wishes he got a maxima, but got a really good deal on the accord.

i thought to myself...wait a minute. this IS a maxima, just made by honda!!

what the *** japan!
Old 07-04-2008, 09:56 AM

b...b...but honda and toyota don't have t3h pwnage VQ35 and "liquid motion" like nissan does!!1!!!!1!!!one!!1!

Last edited by hvyft; 07-04-2008 at 10:14 AM.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:34 AM

They may have some similarities but geez they don't look like clones to me. I mean, cars can only be so different...they have to look like....cars! How many different ways can you put tail lights on a car? hehe
Old 07-04-2008, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Hurricane434
They may have some similarities but geez they don't look like clones to me. I mean, cars can only be so different...they have to look like....cars! How many different ways can you put tail lights on a car? hehe
Or a grill, or door frames, ETC!! I think the Maxima is more sleeker than the Accord(that's where the weight loss from the 6g went!!), It's more sporty than the Camry( which is what I call sporblandty- sporty and bland at the same time.)

I was looking at the CTS before the Maxima showed up and Nissan Has got me back with this one. I'm not concerned about the lack of manual or the this and the that.

The car has me just on the looks alone.

Can't wait to drive it.

And anyone who says that it looks like the Accord is just plain blind and needs to get their seeing eye dog ASAP.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by drakutis
And anyone who says that it looks like the Accord is just plain blind and needs to get their seeing eye dog ASAP.
with an exception of having a 3.5L V6 and the same rear end, well the trunk and taillights anyways.

and wtf is a "seeing eye dog"...is that related to a guide dog?
Old 07-04-2008, 02:45 PM

Old 07-04-2008, 03:57 PM

the accord screams bmw 5series...
Old 07-04-2008, 04:07 PM

they do have a lot of similarities but that nothing new in the automotive world. One feature you see on one car you'll see on another.

The Maxima does have a lot of similarities from the Camry/Corolla/Accord, but I'm sure it will stand apart once you see/look at the interior, drive train. the wonderful VQ35HR (i believe its finally in there). etc
Old 07-04-2008, 05:20 PM

They all have trunks, engine compartments, passenger cabins, headlights on the front, taillights on the rear, four doors, four wheels, front and rear seats, license tag mounting areas on the rear, etc, but for me, I notice no major exterior similarities in styling. Even a quick glimpse of any of these three vehicles on the roadway tells me instantly what I am looking at. And I don't even have to see the nameplate or emblems.

Just by their very nature, four door family sedans are somewhat limited in how far they can deviate from the norm without looking contrived or strange. Even though there isn't a lot of leeway for 'difference' between four door family sedans, by superior engineering and attention-getting styling, Nissan has somehow made this '09 Maxima stand out from the crowd. I love it!
Old 07-04-2008, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by hvyft
with an exception of having a 3.5L V6 and the same rear end, well the trunk and taillights anyways.

and wtf is a "seeing eye dog"...is that related to a guide dog?
That's what they called them when I was growing up! I forgot everything is so PC now!

The rears are not the same. I can see a likeness with the Camry and the Lexus ES350(Same car), but not the Accord.

To each their own!!
Old 07-04-2008, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by STARR
was that really necessary?
Old 07-04-2008, 08:22 PM
SuPeRmOd

they all have 4 black tires!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-04-2008, 10:04 PM
Z

Umm...all I see are a bunch of sh*tty and jaggy pictures. I didn't even know they were pictures of cars. More like virtual razor blades.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:57 AM

well, its up to us, enthusiasts, to FIX what they design
Bigger version in 7th Gen photoshop section.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:42 AM

^^^^I like that a lot. What happened to the sunroof in the second picture?

very nice!
Old 07-05-2008, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by 4MySwee
^^^^I like that a lot. What happened to the sunroof in the second picture?

very nice!

i personally don't like the looks of a sunroof on a non black car. LOL.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by NismoMax80
they all have 4 black tires!!!!!!!!!

lol.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:45 AM

The Accord does not look anything like the Camry or the Max, the only way the camry comes even close to looking the Max is in that middle pic/angle shot. Even that is sorta a long shot. The Accords roofline/ rear door window area reminds me more of a 3rd or 4the gen Max.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:24 PM

I don't know how anywone could look at these 3 cars lined up next to each other and say they look "alike". The doors on the Max along with the agressive front-end are very different. I don't think I have ever looked at a Camry or Accord and thought "agressive". This '09 Max is agressive looking and agressive when you touch the gas pedal.... Those that are saying they look alike must not have stood in front of the Max and looked at it head on. The pictures don't begin to do this car justice showing off it's "lines"..... Please go look at this '09 Max before you post these kind of remarks! I know others that have seen this car agree with me : )

Last edited by 4themax; 07-05-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by 4themax
I don't know how anywone could look at these 3 cars linesd up next to each other and say they look "alike". The doors on the Max along with the agressive front-end are very different. I don't think I have ever looked at a Camry or Accord and thought "agressive". This '09 Max is agressive looking and agressive when you touch the gas pedal.... Those that are saying they look alike must not have stood in front of the Max and looked at it head on. The pictures don't begin to do this car justice showing off it's "lines"..... Please go look at this '09 Max before you post these kind of remarks! I know others that have seen this car agree with me : )
LIKE TOTALLY FER SHURE!!!
Old 07-05-2008, 02:18 PM

yea if you havent seen it in person, then you've just wasted your time forreal. its way more aerodynamic than those other 2 boxy cars
Old 07-05-2008, 03:51 PM

ok noobs. first of all, LOL!

second of all, i have physically touched all three of these cars, YES WITH MY OWN HANDS!

third of all, i agree. it is a little hard to be different when the entire industry is going the same direction. however, i do not believe there is only one way to put 4 doors, a set of wheels, an engine, and a powertrain into a hunk of metal. i refuse to agree with you on that one.

i'm just saying i loved maximas until this one came out. i could easily distinguish the maxima from any other car, and while i still can, it strikes me as very unfortunate that all cars are looking PRETTY MUCH the same these days.

by the way...thanks for nearly 400 views on a topic "nobody really cares about"

peace
Old 07-05-2008, 07:30 PM

Well, you can't trash a Maxima on a Maxima based forum. LOL. Regardless of how what you wrote was true.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:01 PM

The post-starting pictures do not show the '09 Maxima styling point that blew me away: When looking at it in person, the first thing that really grabs me is the 'figure 8' shape of the body. The wheel/fender areas are emphasized and delineated in a way never even attempted on the previous six generations of Maximas. It looks so vastly more athletic and powerful in person than my 6th gen, and infinitely more so than the Camrys or Accords driven by my less-fortunate friends and neighbors.

Even in the referenced pictures, I see great differences. Just as an example: In the third photo of each car, look at the bottom of each car in front of the front tires. The Maxima has a smooth upward line, while the other two have old-fashioned horizontal lines. In that same photo, Look at the bottom of each car behind the rear tire. The Maxima has a stylish upsweep, while the other two are as flat as last year's beer. Look at the way the wheels/tires fit with the body; the Accord and Camry remind me of small railroad boxcars on wheels, while the Maxima seems to assimilate and absorb the wheels and tires right into the body as a whole.

There are many other ways the Maxima excels. For instance, I think everyone on the ORG agrees that the front view of the '09 Maxima is far more aggressive-looking than either of these other two meek-looking cars.

But I could go on indefinitely listing the ways the Maxima visually overpowers these other two pretenders, which aren't really in the Maxima's class.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:28 AM

i'm by no means trashing maxima. i love maxima. it's not just a name or a brand. it's a lifestyle. the liquid motion is a new concept, and i'm excited that nissan is the first (or at least one of) to apply it in their vehicles. maxima is always a better car than an accord or a camry or any other car in its class. i'm just upset that maxima is slowly losing its identity.

i still think 97-99 is the best maxima they have made yet, regardless of all the little upgrades (i.e. power mirrors, nav, CVVT, etc.). aesthetically, apart from the aggressive front end, the 7th gen isn't up to par, in my opinion. it is growing on me, however.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:00 AM

Just an example of design trends that have been around for ages in the automotive industry. Toyota camry designers on side of the spectrum and Nissan Maxima designers on the other and Honda Accord some where in the middle.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:38 AM

tyler5619 - I think I'm seeing where you are coming from. You are correct that the Maxima strayed from its long-term status as 'THE' 4DSC, beginning around 2000, but especially in 2004. The '09 has stopped that worrisome growing in size and inexorable path toward the Avalon, but is still a long way from being the same type car as the earlier Maxima gens.

I think that, although Ghosn is taking the Maxima back toward athletic and sporty, he intends that it be a near-luxury sporty (with actually a conservative edge; note the colors available), with the Altima 3.5 filling the role of the earlier Maximas.

Of course that causes problems, in that we are left with the uncertainty of whether the '09 is really close enough to be called a 4DSC. Those requiring a manual will, of course, say no. Those preferring a five or six speed auto tranny will be split. Those who adjust, adapt, and become proficient with the paddles may say yes. Those who love the Maxima, but know nothing about trannies, will definitely say yes.

But I think I am beginning to understand what you are saying.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:06 AM
SmokinMaxSE

As long as the maxima doesn't look like a CHEAP American car than its ok. When car makers started saying how there new designs where "Euro" looking, that means that European vehicles all have a common unique look. Well the same goes for Japan and America right? Yes, I do think the tail lights on the 09 Maxima could be mistaken for a Camry. Infact, I've said before that the Chrome on the rear of the Altima and now on the Maxima looks just like the chrome on the last gen Camry......

I think cars like the Toyota Pirus and Nissan Sentra are way to JAPAN looking.

Last edited by SmokinMaxSE; 07-06-2008 at 09:17 AM.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:44 AM

I see no striking simlarities at all. The Maxima is overall a way more cohesive design compared to the other two. That alone puts the Maxima ahead of them.

The ONLY thing I will say is similar is the general design of the bumpers. In the rear, the outer sides of the bumper extend down from the taillights(giving the look of the trunklid dipping into the bumper), and in the front the grilles integrate with the bumper. But that is pretty much common in all cars these days. Oh and the dual exhausts, which Nissan was one of the first to have chrome tipped dual exhaust with the Altima.

Cars will always have some kind of similarity. Just like back in the 80's to early 90's all cars pretty much had rectangular headlamps and taillights. Just different itterations. And the era's of black bumpers, Chrome bumpers, "big bodies". We are now in the era of flowing lines, where everything flows together. Theres really no more bumpers that actually stick out like they used to, because they now flow into the body of the car. So maybe thats what your seeing. And alot of cars have adapted cab forward and "coupe like" roof lines.

Even with these general similarities, Nissan/Infiniti in my eyes continues to push the envelope with design and is one of the leaders with taking risks.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:47 AM

i think those that complain should just keep sucking their thumbs or go BUY a sports car.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:47 PM
SmokinMaxSE

Originally Posted by kencapel
i think those that complain should just keep sucking their thumbs or go BUY a sports car.
I agree.... If Nissan switched labels and called the 350Z a Maxima than people would still be crying about what a "Maxima" should be.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:56 PM

haha.. this thread is hilarious.. those cars have nothing in common except the fact that they all have 4 wheels/ tires and a stearing wheel. i mean common... nissan is, was and always will be a head turner.. honda will always keep trying, and toyota will always scream retirement. end of story
Old 07-07-2008, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by ikalinin
haha.. this thread is hilarious.. those cars have nothing in common except the fact that they all have 4 wheels/ tires and a stearing wheel. i mean common... nissan is, was and always will be a head turner.. honda will always keep trying, and toyota will always scream retirement. end of story
I have to agree that all three are quite different, especially when viewed on the street. This past weekend I saw an 08 Toyota Camry black on black, dark tint, black rims, looked to be just washed, and it was coming the opposite way that I was driving, so I saw it coming head on. It caught my eye obvioulsy because I had not seen many black ones with black rims. So the next thing you know two cars behind it I see an 09 black Maxima, and boy did that thing look mean. It looked lowered, even though it wasn't, and it looked much bolder than the Camry. That Max definately stood out more. I ended up going to the dealer later in the day and they had like 6 parked outside. They had a couple with the sport package, but to me they still looked like they were sitting kind of high. From there I went to go check out an Infinty M35 at a different dealer and on the way there I saw another 09 Max. We were on the freeway so I drove on each side, in front, and behind it to get good looks. Long story short the car looks better being driven then standing still.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:25 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by SmokinMaxSE
I agree.... If Nissan switched labels and called the 350Z a Maxima than people would still be crying about what a "Maxima" should be.
the manual trans was the only reason I bought the max over a 3.2TL back in the day

in the pics at the top the accord looks better in pics than in prson while the Maxima looks better in person than in pics, the similarities are kinda funny I didnt notice that before, the c pillar design and the rearend are similar

but on the street the Maxima looks 10 times better than the accord
Old 07-15-2008, 02:48 PM

for everyone saying the maxima has camry taillights/rearend...its actually closer to the yaris sedan....yet still i think its an original design that mixes styling cues made popular by the bmw 7 series and the mercedes cls and adds an aggressive flair(and a touch of gt-r)
Old 07-16-2008, 05:33 AM

More than any other taillights I feel like they look like the Lexus ES300, and definately like the Yaris as well. Maybe I am blind but everytime I see an ES300 I look straight to the headlights to see if it is an 09 Max... Don't know how to do it but I wish there was a picture of the tailend of the Max and Camry side by side so everyone could see it does not look like the current genereation Camry... IMO
Old 07-16-2008, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by 4themax
Don't know how to do it but I wish there was a picture of the tailend of the Max and Camry side by side so everyone could see it does not look like the current genereation Camry... IMO
There is, it's at the top of this page.