7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oops, now I did it.

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 05:10 PM
Love my '09

Oops, now I did it.

Went to the dealership that I prefer to get "routine maintenance" on my 6th gen.

My bud took me over to show me the "equivalent" 09 SV to what I have now (plus some)

He "made" me take it on a test drive.....

I honestly don't think you can compare the "feel" of the 09 SV to the 6th gen SE.

Lets just say, my bosslady "approved" of the trade in...

I now have black on black SV with Sport and Tech packages.

I'm sooo in gadget heaven...

Last edited by Compusmurf; 09-13-2008 at 05:58 PM.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:20 PM

did you get the panoramic roof?
Old 09-13-2008, 05:24 PM

Dude where the pics man??? Post some picssssssssss, and good ones too!
Old 09-13-2008, 05:36 PM

so this is the one you got? http://www.nissanusa.com/maxima/spec...=vlptrim.specs
Old 09-13-2008, 05:58 PM
Love my '09

working on the pics.

I had to play first. Only took like 2 photos.

Have to tint the windows and such. Can't live in Fl without tinted windows. OMG, you'd bake. LOL

Also had to play with the Hard drive storage, the CF reader, nav, linking my cell phone, add the XM radio to my current XM subscriptions, etc.

Then, of course, everyone wanted a drive around. Then, I had to assemble all the junk that I like in my car.

by that time, it was dark and black car with black leather interior even with a flash isn't going to show that well.

I did NOT get the panoramic roof, I got the standard sunroof/moonroof.

Once nice surprise, my car cover that I got for the 6th gen fits perfectly.

Oh, 2 types of leather on the steering wheel. Smooth on top/bottom, perforated on the sides.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:00 PM
Love my '09

Oh, figures it has IPOD interface already, and I have a Zune. LOL
Old 09-13-2008, 06:02 PM
Love my '09

Originally Posted by ILL-Maxima
Yes, follow down with the SV, add in everything that says T and S

Old 09-13-2008, 06:15 PM

If we ever get a Tampa/St. Pete Max meet together...bring ur new whip!!! Sounds hot tho!
Old 09-14-2008, 07:44 PM

Can you share any details of the actual deal, what mileage did your 6th Gen have, and what did they give you for it, seeing that you have a loaded 09, what was the price they agreed on with you
Old 09-15-2008, 07:16 PM
Love my '09

Starr, I won't share most of that, no disrespect, but I always try to keep my personal finances off public forums. Hope you understand.

Now my 6th gen had under 10k miles. I will also say they gave me MORE for it than I owed. I ended up with the same monthly payment as well. (The boss was happy. Never **** off the woman of the house) hahahaha

Anyway, I found a few little things "missing" from what it should have had. Called the dealership/salesman and told him I'd be stopping by to pick them up. (didn't ask, told) and said if they didn't have the items lying around somewhere to take them out of my old car and hand them over.

He was waiting for me when I drove in. I'm happy.

I've already got my appointment scheduled for my preferred Window tint fellow at his shop this upcoming Saturday.

After the tint, a removal of the dealership advertising, etc, I'll start my "photo session".

I was considering doing a "review" and comparison to the 6thgen I had.

Short review: I'm really, really liking the 09 much better!!!
Old 09-16-2008, 03:59 AM

on average how long does it take for the plates to come in the mail for California drivers.. i got my 09 3 weeks ago, i know the paperwork said about 3 months, but i hate driving around with the ugly Napa Nissan placeholder... any suggestions?
Old 09-16-2008, 05:54 AM
Love my '09

No idea for Cali, but in Florida, we just use our SAME plates from our prev car if we're trading in.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Compusmurf
No idea for Cali, but in Florida, we just use our SAME plates from our prev car if we're trading in.

Same thing in Georgia, where the plate legally belongs to the driver, and is simply transferred from car to car for the life of the plate (usually around eight to ten years).

Of course we have that little period of around three to four weeks after purchase of a new car where the application for transferring the tag to the new car is lost somewhere in a sea of paper, and we are supposed to have a temporary 30 day tag on the car, but I just take a chance and stick my old tag on the new car immediately, because that is where it is supposed to end up after all the paper shuffling. But I do keep a bill of sale in the car during that transition period, just in case I am stopped.

I transfer my insurance to the new car immediately, since proof of insurance in Georgia is determined by checking the VIN # in a state data bank which is updated by insurance companies.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:28 PM
Love my '09

ahh, we get temp registration immediately, have 5 working days to transfer insurance and print temporary cards, but the plate is "immediately" valid on the new car with the temp registration.

I know that you just don't want to have to go to the DMV for any reason. you'll sit for hours and hours. LOL
Old 09-16-2008, 12:36 PM
Love my '09

I just can't get over how much more "refined" this car is over the 04-08 version. Steering, power, CVT, fit and finish (mostly) I actually liked the last dashboard material over this.

My only gripes so far...
--Accessories listed on Nissan's web site not available yet.
--Headrest is wayyyy to hard. They should have used foam instead of concrete blocks.
--Audio system, tho "nicer" and more features, isn't nearly as loud. Esp. in the rear.
--Passenger side autodim mirror gone.
--Power folding mirror gone, not too big of an issue, but I did sometimes use them.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:23 PM

i luv the mood lighting, i wish i coulf change the lighting to a nice soft blue.. the orange is cool but i prefer the blue look.... any ideas???
Old 09-16-2008, 04:56 PM
Love my '09

Give them time. Someone did a complete blue LED conversion for all the orange lights on the previous generation....
Old 09-17-2008, 06:06 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

Was your 6th a manual or auto?

The look is growing on me, but the thought of an auto trans leaves me icy cold.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:17 AM
Love my '09

CVT.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:12 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

CVT.
So, two in a row with CVT (I am unaware of the equipment packages after the 5th)? Comparison/opinion on that aspect?
Old 09-17-2008, 07:21 AM
Love my '09

7th gen CVT FEELS much nicer than the 6th gen. I didn't mind the 6th gen one at all, worked as advertised, no issues. Took about 3 days to get used to the change from a regular auto tranny. The old commercials with the guy and gal doing the makeup, no joke. but now that I've had one and have the feel for it, I probably wouldn't go back to non CVT.

Plus, slap it over into Ds mode, and the car responds REALLY well.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:20 AM

when you do use Ds mode it shifts like a non CVT
Old 09-17-2008, 10:30 AM
Old Fuddy Duddy

7th gen CVT FEELS much nicer than the 6th gen. I didn't mind the 6th gen one at all, worked as advertised, no issues. Took about 3 days to get used to the change from a regular auto tranny. The old commercials with the guy and gal doing the makeup, no joke. but now that I've had one and have the feel for it, I probably wouldn't go back to non CVT.

Plus, slap it over into Ds mode, and the car responds REALLY well.
Thanks for the feedback and nice promotion!
Old 09-17-2008, 11:32 AM
I love lamp.

In for pics!
Old 09-17-2008, 12:54 PM
Love my '09

I PROMISE pics after Saturday.

It really does look nekkid without dark tint.

Well, maybe I'll link a teaser or 2 until then.
Old 09-17-2008, 01:02 PM
Love my '09

Ok, these were with the point and shoot. didn't come out well.

Last edited by Compusmurf; 09-17-2008 at 01:37 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:15 PM

^^^Can I get a ride in riverview

Last edited by Dynasty47x1; 09-19-2008 at 08:17 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:21 PM
Love my '09

Lol, sure, I'll take you for a ride, if you take me for a ride in whatever year max you have. LOL, as I mentioned, the only other Max I've ever been in was my prev one, the 07
Old 09-19-2008, 08:26 PM

That can be arranged let me know I have a 2000 maxima not the fastest but i like it.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by Dynasty47x1
That can be arranged let me know I have a 2000 maxima not the fastest but i like it.

Of course you like it! The 2000 is a very nice car. I bought a Satin Blue Pearl 2000 SE with the GLE package added in July 1999, and that baby had every accessory on it. I had the tight sports performance of the SE AND all the comfort features of the GLE. Never gave me a bit of trouble, which is why I kept it around after buying my '04 SL in June 2004.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:51 AM
Love my '09

OK!!! it's tinted. Full Florida legal. WOW, totally better look. Gotta take some photos today. I have to cut the grass and stuff first then I'll get photos and post them!!!! I promise!
Old 09-21-2008, 04:43 PM
Love my '09

Ok, as promised, photos.

For fullsize, go HERE: My 09 Max

Some More teasers:

Last edited by Compusmurf; 09-21-2008 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:21 PM

Wow that black beauty looks awesome man! congrats on finally getting the tints so we can see her
Old 09-21-2008, 06:39 PM

Talking

Compusmurf - Nice set of photos of a very nice ride.

The frost interior will be great in the Florida heat. The exterior is just one rear window decal from being perfect. Of course there are those that would say that rear window decal is what makes it perfect.

The only things I would change on the inside would be to push the yellow thingie (chamois cloth?) in the driver's side map pocket down out of sight, then take a chain saw to the pine tree hanging from the rear view mirror, and just use Beano to prevent creating the odors you are trying to mask.

Seeing you standing there in your white T shirt and blue shorts brings back memories of life in Florida. I bet you don't even own a pair of longjohns.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:40 PM

OMG, Black + Tints= Super Sexy Max.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:46 PM
Love my '09

The yellow thingy is my sunglasses wiper. Small microfiber cloth. LOL, maybe I can find a black one so it matches.

I keep it covered, so I won't need the frost. I had the frost interior on my 07, and while it was OK, it wasn't black.

The pine tree doesn't smell anymore and is gone already. I put one of the "cup size" cali car scents in the cupholder in the door.

Um. Have a question on this statement. "The exterior is just one rear window decal from being perfect"
Are you referring to my bumper sticker? LOL, if so, that also makes it perfect. You should maybe visit that website for a great laugh. (Free plug for my GF's site)

Of course, if you're referring to my work parking pass, it's gotta stay too.

Oh, and WTH are longjohns? (LOL, j/k) I used to live in Missouri growing up.

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Compusmurf - Nice set of photos of a very nice ride.

The frost interior will be great in the Florida heat. The exterior is just one rear window decal from being perfect. Of course there are those that would say that rear window decal is what makes it perfect.

The only things I would change on the inside would be to push the yellow thingie (chamois cloth?) in the driver's side map pocket down out of sight, then take a chain saw to the pine tree hanging from the rear view mirror, and just use Beano to prevent creating the odors you are trying to mask.

Seeing you standing there in your white T shirt and blue shorts brings back memories of life in Florida. I bet you don't even own a pair of longjohns.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:08 PM

I understand the 'Faculty/Staff' placard is not negotiable. I had that parking permit burden for 35 years. I was referring to the sticker at the top of your rear window, and will be visiting that site per your recommendation. But the 'biggie' here is that, while originally looking at your photos, I was thinking your upholstery was Frost. Now, as I look through a second time, I get the feeling you have a darker interior; charcoal? With your nice tint, plus the fact your have covered parking, charcoal should work great with the black exterior.

The yellow thingy is my sunglasses wiper. Small microfiber cloth. LOL, maybe I can find a black one so it matches.

I keep it covered, so I won't need the frost. I had the frost interior on my 07, and while it was OK, it wasn't black.

The pine tree doesn't smell anymore and is gone already. I put one of the "cup size" cali car scents in the cupholder in the door.

Um. Have a question on this statement. "The exterior is just one rear window decal from being perfect"
Are you referring to my bumper sticker? LOL, if so, that also makes it perfect. You should maybe visit that website for a great laugh. (Free plug for my GF's site)

Of course, if you're referring to my work parking pass, it's gotta stay too.

Oh, and WTH are longjohns? (LOL, j/k) I used to live in Missouri growing up.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:13 PM
Love my '09

LOL, the faculty/staff sticker is for my GF's work. I can go down and visit and don't have to walk 500 miles to park. My work sticker is in the back, lower left corner.

The bumpersticker actually gets ALOT of stares and pointing.

My upholstery is charcoal (Nissan's version of black) with the "dark pink/maroon" stitching. (Which I'm actually starting to like)

The Charcoal is actually "darker" than in this photo since I used the flash.

This is 07 Frost

This is 09 Charcoal

Last edited by Compusmurf; 09-21-2008 at 07:23 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:54 AM

Congrats on the new Maxima! Its beautiful!! I am tempted to getting one but I just paid off my 03 SE. I want to see what it feels like to NOT have a car payment for a while...LOL.

I have to go to Nissan this week for "routine maintenance" LOL (oil change)... I'm scared to do so after reading your thread cause I know I am going to be tempted....

Last edited by CARLOS9827; 09-22-2008 at 03:58 AM.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:21 AM

I just can't get over how much more "refined" this car is over the 04-08 version. Steering, power, CVT, fit and finish (mostly) I actually liked the last dashboard material over this.

My only gripes so far...
--Accessories listed on Nissan's web site not available yet.--Headrest is wayyyy to hard. They should have used foam instead of concrete blocks.
--Audio system, tho "nicer" and more features, isn't nearly as loud. Esp. in the rear.--Passenger side autodim mirror gone.
--Power folding mirror gone, not too big of an issue, but I did sometimes use them.
So what accesories were you not able to get? I imagine that your new Max came with the Bose system, is that right? Did your old Max also have the Bose system?

Quick Reply: Oops, now I did it.