7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I the only one???

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 07:41 AM

Am I the only one???

Am I the only one who does this:

Look for any reason to take my baby out for a spin?

If you do then, how many miles do you have on your Max?

What are some of the reasons you use to take your _______________<<<<(insert the name of your car here) out for a spin??

BTW, I have over 10K on my car. I know that's a lot of miles for a new car and that we all like to keep our mileage low but I just can't help wanting to drive this car.

Are you like me in this respect?

Have fun/ENJOY THE RIDE!!!
Old 03-02-2009, 07:54 AM
Love my '09

Tho I love taking it for a spin, I try to limit any excess expenditures such as gas, un-necessary trips, etc for awhile. At least until the economy settles down and my job isn't in peril.....
Old 03-02-2009, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by bk2k3max
Am I the only one who does this:

Look for any reason to take my baby out for a spin?

If you do then, how many miles do you have on your Max?

What are some of the reasons you use to take your _______________<<<<(insert the name of your car here) out for a spin??

BTW, I have over 10K on my car. I know that's a lot of miles for a new car and that we all like to keep our mileage low but I just can't help wanting to drive this car.

Are you like me in this respect?

Have fun/ENJOY THE RIDE!!!
Absolutely! SInce I had the accident in November, I've had to get reacquainted with the car again. I was without it for a month and for a while I felt a disconnect from it. But I'm past that now and really love the car. I just hit 5k. I'm starting to by CD's just to burn them on the HD. I will also, instead of going from work to the gym, come home and them drive the car to the gym. Her name is Isis. Winter Frost/frost Interior SV sport. Next is tint and remote start and thinking of changing to the Stillen exhaust.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by drakutis
Absolutely! SInce I had the accident in November, I've had to get reacquainted with the car again. I was without it for a month and for a while I felt a disconnect from it. But I'm past that now and really love the car. I just hit 5k. I'm starting to by CD's just to burn them on the HD. I will also, instead of going from work to the gym, come home and them drive the car to the gym. Her name is Isis. Winter Frost/frost Interior SV sport. Next is tint and remote start and thinking of changing to the Stillen exhaust.
Yeah Bro, I hear you there, me and you both. My car was hit in November also and I didn't get a chance to start driving again until mid January. It feels good to be back on the road and I have many things planned to mod my car so that it doesn't look like every other car on the road.

I really don't care about the gas prices, my personal satisfaction with driving my car is what I bought it for and I'm not going to allow a few dollars at the pump keep me from enjoying my ride.

Stillen Exhaust is still down the road for me but please post up some vids like Choice did when he got his, that's one bad a$$ exhaust system-sounds great.

I like the name you chose (Isis). Nice touch.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:32 AM

I've got 2k miles on it in 6 months....with 2 road trips mixed in!!

If I decide to buy a Vette in the spring someone is gonna get a REAL good deal on a lightly used Max!
Old 03-02-2009, 08:46 AM

As I look outside today, I see 10 inches of white $hit on the ground. Up here in the northeast, we counteract this stuff with brown $hit, a mixture of sand and salt. The bottom line is that it is no fun to drive the Maxima when all you do is worry about collateral damage. I must wait until spring to really have fun. I also want to open the sunroof.

It would have been great to have the Max in last October. The changing foliage in New England creates a glorious driving experience.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by mls277
I've got 2k miles on it in 6 months....with 2 road trips mixed in!!

If I decide to buy a Vette in the spring someone is gonna get a REAL good deal on a lightly used Max!
I hear you Bro, go for the Vette. I love Vettes, it is my dream to own one, maybe when I retire and the last kid is gone from the house the I'll get me one.

I have several long trips on my car which is one of the reasons why my mileage is so high but then again, what good does it do you to have a nice new ride if you're not going to be able to enjoy it?

Good luck-get the Vette!!
Old 03-02-2009, 09:02 AM

I bought my baby in Oct and have 22K on it now. She just eats up the highway without a sweat. I average about 1K/wk commuting here in FL with the remainder of the miles just "forgeting to pick XYZ from the store and have to go back!!!"
Old 03-02-2009, 09:31 AM

what I look forward to every day at work is not to go home. It's to get in my car and drive her around. I have 500 miles on her after a week of driving. The ride is smooth, quick, and exillerating. Not to mention the amazing bose system. I can't wait to get past the breakin period so I can start opening up on her. Still haven't come up with a name though.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Xeross
what I look forward to every day at work is not to go home. It's to get in my car and drive her around. I have 500 miles on her after a week of driving. The ride is smooth, quick, and exillerating. Not to mention the amazing bose system. I can't wait to get past the breakin period so I can start opening up on her. Still haven't come up with a name though.
I'm like you, after I get off work, I never go straight home without taking a little joyride first and making it the loooonnnng way home. Good luck with coming up with a name.

Mine is Zhuzy (pronounced Suzy) after my wife's name<<I luv 2 ride her (the Car-that is)
Old 03-02-2009, 11:51 AM

Honestly all I can think about right now is my Maxima and taking it for a spin ... too bad it's just being put together and I have weeks to wait! It's painful!
Old 03-02-2009, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Lirathal
Honestly all I can think about right now is my Maxima and taking it for a spin ... too bad it's just being put together and I have weeks to wait! It's painful!
Did you just order your Max? If so, what version are you getting? Tech & Sport or just Tech or Sport?
Old 03-02-2009, 02:16 PM

Man you guys are killin' me! I am trying to sell my '95 then will be buying my '09! I can't wait to get it!!!
Old 03-02-2009, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by bk2k3max
Did you just order your Max? If so, what version are you getting? Tech & Sport or just Tech or Sport?
I factory ordered my Max before I left for Europe. Now that I'm back it's still a couple of weeks out.

Satin White
Premium with Technology Package
Add Rear Spoiler

*yum*
Old 03-02-2009, 03:44 PM

What? Drive my baby when it isn't necessary? With this rare deep-south snow covering everything? And waste gas? Wear the tires? Add to the congestion already on the roads? Pollute the environment?

I could add lots more, but it is time to drive to the post office and check the mail . . . haven't done that in almost two hours now. Then it will be time to head back to the library again . . . haven't been there since back at lunchtime. So many places I really need to be, and so much fun getting there. Gotta run.
Old 03-02-2009, 07:36 PM

^^Good stuff^^ That Light, he's a busy guy!
Old 03-02-2009, 07:50 PM

LOVE MY MAX!!!

I bought my baby on 19 September and I now have 7200 miles on her with a road trip from Missouri to Dallas already logged in! I find every excuse to drive my baby! I would probably have less miles on her if everything wasn't so damn far I have to drive an hour just to do some decent shopping, eat at a nice place and catch a movie.

I have not officially named her yet besides SEXXY, but I am sure I will come up with something soon.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:04 PM

I think I came up with a name for her. Silvia -> Silver Maxima

I like it, and I guess that's all that matters, heh
Old 03-02-2009, 10:55 PM

yeah i find excuses all the time.i just reached the 6500 mark since i purchased it in july.. so far i seen only 2 others in my immediate area(5miles) and not to be blowing my own horn... but mine is sexier.. that mystic jade color does not sit well with me.. i like looking for people who just bought the altima and have them looking at my max wishing they would have got it... or even better.. finding the people who just bought last years model this year when i bought this years model last year... lol ..

I cant count how many times people stop and ask me about Sasha..
Old 03-02-2009, 11:00 PM

I contemplate cutting off my own ear just to have a reason to drive somewhere...(The E.R. of course)