7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone have any idea how to change the rear turn signal bulbs?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 03:32 PM

Does anyone have any idea how to change the rear turn signal bulbs?

Anyone?
Old 06-15-2009, 03:55 PM

I'm with you on this one bro, I'd like to have HID with the rear turn lights also, I'm at a loss for the time being.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by 22sandup
Anyone?
Aren't they LED's?
Old 06-15-2009, 07:38 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

looking to do the same ... but need help with the proper bulb size ? from v -leds.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by 22sandup
Anyone?
This is all I can find so far...

Old 06-16-2009, 05:35 AM
TBA

Originally Posted by MaxLoverAz
Aren't they LED's?
Nope. Just the red stop and tail lights are LED. Turn signals are conventional bulbs.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:50 PM

I got the replacement bulb. The bulb is just impossible to get out of the hole and I don't see how you can take off the taillight. Nissan ****ed up on this one.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by TBA
Nope. Just the red stop and tail lights are LED. Turn signals are conventional bulbs.
oops I misread the OP, I thought he was asking about the tail lights....
Old 08-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Nobody has changed their Rear turn signals? I find that hard to believe. I ordered some LED replacements. I will try when I get them and let you know. Anyone know if I have to order load resistors to change them?
Old 08-09-2009, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Monieluvg
Nobody has changed their Rear turn signals? I find that hard to believe. I ordered some LED replacements. I will try when I get them and let you know. Anyone know if I have to order load resistors to change them?
its possible ive seen an 09 max in my neighborhood with the rear turn signals changed
Old 08-09-2009, 01:46 PM

I attempted to change mine but after breaking off the corner of one of my taillights (thank God for superglue!) trying to pull it out, I quit. I did end up getting it out, but didnt want to risk breaking the other taillight. The bulb size is 7440, discountleds.com has em and so does autolumination.com.

fyi the taillights are the biggest pain in the *** to take out, all of the prying points are lined with thin plastic lips and break easily. Good Luck.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:44 PM

google
Old 08-12-2009, 09:53 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I changed my turn and rev lights with LED and looks nice..

Once you remove all the truck side covers.. you will find only two bolts in need to be removed.. once those are out.. you will need to find your self how to push the entire tail light housing outwards.. the very top portion of it that wraps the fenders on the side its only hold by a guide pin.. in order words you dont need to push it out wards or pull the pin out.. it should slide backwards.. towards the back of the car.. not to the side..the trick here is.. that you will find two presure pins.. those that will click in with presure and will be a pain in the A$$ to get out but find your self a good position to grab the entire traillights with out cracking any of its plastic moldings and pull or push outwards and ventualy come off.. once again all your effort should be outwards towards the back of the car.. and walaaa... it took me some time to get them out.. but once you find your way .. its becomes a pcs of cake.. hope that helps..

*Note.. take your time to remove all the pins from the trunk covers.. it will let you see how the trail lights are hold up..and give you an idea of how and where to push.

Good Luck modding!!

Angel
Old 08-13-2009, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by LAREDOTEXAS

Once you remove all the truck side covers.. you will find only two bolts in need to be removed.. once those are out.. you will need to find your self how to push the entire tail light housing outwards.. the very top portion of it that wraps the fenders on the side its only hold by a guide pin.. in order words you dont need to push it out wards or pull the pin out.. it should slide backwards.. towards the back of the car.. not to the side..the trick here is.. that you will find two presure pins.. those that will click in with presure and will be a pain in the A$$ to get out but find your self a good position to grab the entire traillights with out cracking any of its plastic moldings and pull or push outwards and ventualy come off.. once again all your effort should be outwards towards the back of the car.. and walaaa... it took me some time to get them out.. but once you find your way .. its becomes a pcs of cake.. hope that helps..

*Note.. take your time to remove all the pins from the trunk covers.. it will let you see how the trail lights are hold up..and give you an idea of how and where to push.

Good Luck modding!!

Angel
any pics for us?
Old 09-01-2009, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by shatterpruf
I attempted to change mine but after breaking off the corner of one of my taillights (thank God for superglue!) trying to pull it out, I quit. I did end up getting it out, but didnt want to risk breaking the other taillight. The bulb size is 7440, discountleds.com has em and so does autolumination.com.

fyi the taillights are the biggest pain in the *** to take out, all of the prying points are lined with thin plastic lips and break easily. Good Luck.
Are the bulbs for the front turn signal and the rear turn signal the same size?
Old 09-01-2009, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by TheCheeF
Are the bulbs for the front turn signal and the rear turn signal the same size?

Front signals are 3157 (BUT for leds, you have to use specially wired bulbs. either called srck, or swack) and the rears are 7440 bulbs.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:42 PM

alright great thanks..do you recommend any leds for the front and back? also, you say for the leds you need a specific type (srck) is that for both the front and back?

thanks.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:05 PM

:
Old 09-02-2009, 01:47 PM

^^ agreed, but can anyone out there let me know if they swapped out their turn signal (front/back) bulbs for LEDs and what ones you used
Old 09-02-2009, 05:42 PM

Well I dont have any pix on how to do this I can try to get some but it will be alittle bit.

Anyways Step 1: Take all of the plastic clips off for the plastic piece that like a scratch protector for when you put stuff into your trunk as well as for the trunk liner/cargo nets.

Step 2: Pull the cover back and expose the screws for the tail lights. @ this step you should see a white clip on both sides holding a wire; You will need to slide this off of the screw.

Step 3: once you've completed step 2 you will need a wrench thing not sure what its called, lol sry guys but as soon as you look at the hex nut you'll know what you need. Anyways you use that tool to take the nuts off.

Step 4: Now this may be hard for some people ik it was hard for me. You have to pull on the headlight but the best way to do this IMO which my buddy who works at nissan did is he used that rench to push the tail light out by the long metal things that you took the screw off of.

Step 5: If it worked for you your taillight will be out and your ready to swap out your bulbs. To put back on just do the same steps backwards and in reverse.

***BE VERY CAREFUL THAT YOU DON'T PULL THE LIGHT TO FAR AS THE WIRES ARE ATTACHED TO THE TAIL LIGHT HOUSING AND PULLING TO FAR MAY CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE WIRES***

***MAXIMA.ORG NOR MYSELF ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CASUE DURING THIS PROCESS***
Old 09-02-2009, 05:57 PM

MINE ARE DONE!!! CHECK THE PICS
Old 09-02-2009, 06:13 PM

Nice... What bulbs u use for them??
Old 09-02-2009, 06:54 PM

so u guys saying both reverse and signal bulbs are 7440?
Old 09-02-2009, 07:05 PM

Reverse is 194 just to make it Simple and the turn signals I am not sure...
Old 09-02-2009, 08:43 PM

i dont see 194 in LED's ....anyone got a link?
Old 09-03-2009, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by TRANZPORTA

Just checked em, they look great and very bright. Now what bulb sizes did you use for the turn signals, did you replace your front turn signals as well?-- and whered ya get em from?

thanks.

Last edited by TheCheeF; 09-03-2009 at 04:41 AM. Reason: asked question that was already answered
Old 09-03-2009, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by IFuXwiTuZ
i dont see 194 in LED's ....anyone got a link?

Here ya go: http://autolumination.com/194.htm

Just not sure what specific 194 I would go with.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by KillaKam
Well I dont have any pix on how to do this I can try to get some but it will be alittle bit.

Anyways Step 1: Take all of the plastic clips off for the plastic piece that like a scratch protector for when you put stuff into your trunk as well as for the trunk liner/cargo nets.

Step 2: Pull the cover back and expose the screws for the tail lights. @ this step you should see a white clip on both sides holding a wire; You will need to slide this off of the screw.

Step 3: once you've completed step 2 you will need a wrench thing not sure what its called, lol sry guys but as soon as you look at the hex nut you'll know what you need. Anyways you use that tool to take the nuts off.

Step 4: Now this may be hard for some people ik it was hard for me. You have to pull on the headlight but the best way to do this IMO which my buddy who works at nissan did is he used that rench to push the tail light out by the long metal things that you took the screw off of.

Step 5: If it worked for you your taillight will be out and your ready to swap out your bulbs. To put back on just do the same steps backwards and in reverse.

***BE VERY CAREFUL THAT YOU DON'T PULL THE LIGHT TO FAR AS THE WIRES ARE ATTACHED TO THE TAIL LIGHT HOUSING AND PULLING TO FAR MAY CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE WIRES***

***MAXIMA.ORG NOR MYSELF ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CASUE DURING THIS PROCESS***

Thank you for this, just gotta order some bulbs and will give it a try
Old 09-03-2009, 09:08 AM

soo many bulbs to choose from.. any suggestions on size vs brightness?
and any suggestions on the alternative to the leds

http://autolumination.com/platinumseries.htm
Old 09-04-2009, 04:53 PM

^^ im with ya, not sure which ones to choose
Old 09-04-2009, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by shatterpruf
Front signals are 3157 (BUT for leds, you have to use specially wired bulbs. either called srck, or swack) and the rears are 7440 bulbs.
Can anyone confirm these head light turn signal bulbs please? Are the "srck 3157 necessary? or could i just use 3157s?
Old 09-06-2009, 04:01 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

yes, changing the rear bulbs, that's an easy one.....

here's what you do: first determine which bulb is burnt. do this by having someone stand behind the the vehicule an view the brake and turn signal operation. now consider that when one side goes the other will usually go out soon there after therefore consider changing both sides at the same time. Next, pick up the phone and contact your nearest dealer, make an appointment and the bring the #$%^& car in for service!
Old 09-06-2009, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by TRANZPORTA
yea tranzporta got his done saw it in person, looks sickk
Old 08-06-2010, 02:22 PM

I just used a hammer on the bottom bolt and it worked like a champ
Old 08-07-2010, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by LAREDOTEXAS

Good Luck modding!!

Angel
heres a pic... r the two pressure pins he is talking about the black and orange rubber nipple type looking things? n i know the nuts arent off the studs in the pic!!

Old 08-07-2010, 03:08 PM

there also seems like theres a little black clip that holds on the thin part that wraps up the side of the car. (Didnt get it in the pic) Does anything need to be done w/ this clip?
Old 01-14-2011, 12:53 AM

i seriously can't get my tail light off. i feel like im going to break the damn thing. i even tried pushing on the metal screws that you take the two bolts off of, and it makes only one side of the light push out. the other side definitely stays anchored...wow Nissan

theres nothing to pull from on the outside...i tried a screwdriver with cloth between the housing and body but still feels like im gonna damage something and it doesnt help with moving the light out...

id appreciate if anyone has a vid of removing the lights
Old 01-14-2011, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by anish3232
I just used a hammer on the bottom bolt and it worked like a champ
I tried this and it only was causing the light to shake...the side near the outer edge of the car will NOT MOVE.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:17 AM

Any updates to this? I also tried this and the outer edge did not move at all.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:48 PM

The front turn signal is 3457NAK. NAK stands for Natural Amber Krypton, which means that the glass is actually naturally amber and the bulb is filled with krypton to extend bulb life - apparently Nissan is hoping that we will never have to change those bulbs. Maybe that explains why they are so hard to get to.

Last edited by lxander; 09-01-2011 at 07:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Does anyone have any idea how to change the rear turn signal bulbs?