7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

GOT MY RACINGLINE Y PIPE AND VERY DISSAPOINTED!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 09:30 AM

Angry GOT MY RACINGLINE Y PIPE AND VERY DISSAPOINTED!!!!

Ok guys i finally got my y pipe from racingline, and i am veryyyyy dissapointed. First off, no gasets came with the pipe, racingline says use the ones that are on the car, but they were impossible to take off the old pipe. So my mechanic had to make custom ones no biggie , then right about when he was about to put it on , we noticed the flange was welded incorrectly, it didnt line up at all. I have already contacted racingline and im waiting for a responce. I have wasted money in installation charges and i expect a full refund from racingline
Old 07-02-2009, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by 1sik4dsc
Ok guys i finally got my y pipe from racingline, and i am veryyyyy dissapointed. First off, no gasets came with the pipe, racingline says use the ones that are on the car, but they were impossible to take off the old pipe. So my mechanic had to make custom ones no biggie , then right about when he was about to put it on , we noticed the flange was welded incorrectly, it didnt line up at all. I have already contacted racingline and im waiting for a responce. I have wasted money in installation charges and i expect a full refund from racingline
Wow, that's crazy. Sorry to hear that man. Was the flange welded upside down or something or was it like cocked to one side? Other than that big mistake how did the rest of the quality look?
Old 07-02-2009, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by ANNINO
Wow, that's crazy. Sorry to hear that man. Was the flange welded upside down or something or was it like cocked to one side? Other than that big mistake how did the rest of the quality look?
yea the flange was welded up side down and no gasets came with the kit..
Old 07-02-2009, 09:40 AM

other than that the quality looked good
Old 07-02-2009, 09:40 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

hmmm....from their pic on the web site the flange looks a little thin.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:42 AM

yea the flange was welded up side down and no gasets came with the kit..
Wow. Talk about an oversight on their part... I hope everything works out- are you gonna have them send you a properly welded one or are you completely abandoning the idea?
Old 07-02-2009, 09:43 AM

Thanx for TOFTT, I hate buying items for a car when they 1st come out for this same reason. Usually they are in a rush to get a product out quick and usually the 1st couple of buyers end up paying the price for buying them first. I tell you 1st batch is usually a headache. I'm awaiting my springs from Eibach and am crossing my fingers and toes that I have no problems with it. I feel for you, you waited for the Y pipe, you paid for it, you went to a mechanic to install it, finally when it was going to go on, it didn't fit properly, you probably took time off from work or personal time to do this and for what, frustration and a waist of time and money. Only thing gained here was knowledge. Good luck and hope they refund you or send you another one and cover the shipping charges for the one you return and for the one being shipped, if not I wouldn't deal with them, make sure to take pics and maybe share the pics with us too.

Last edited by MaxDOuT; 07-02-2009 at 10:44 AM.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:48 AM

Wow. Talk about an oversight on their part... I hope everything works out- are you gonna have them send you a properly welded one or are you completely abandoning the idea?
as of right now im completly fustrated that im returning the pipe for a refund, ill spend the money elsewhere
Old 07-02-2009, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by MaxDOuT
Thanx for TOFTT, I hate buying items for a car when they 1st come out for this same reason. Usually they are in a rush to get a product out quick and usually the 1st couple of buyers end up paying the price for buying them first. I tell you 1st batch is usually a headache. I'm awaiting my springs from Eibach and am crossing my fingers and toes that I have no problems with it. I feel for you, you waited for the Y pipe, you paid for it, you went to a mechanic to install it, finally when it was going to go on, it didn't fit properly, you probably took time off from work or personal time to do this and for what, frustration and a waist of time. Only thing gained here was knowledge. Good luck and hope they refund you or send you another one and cover the shipping charges for the one you return and for the one being shipped, if not I wouldn't deal with them, make sure to take pics and maybe share the pics with us too.
yep it was a complete waste of time , and a complete waste of money, and now to ship this item back to racingline in canada is gonna cost alot( the box is 4 ft long) they should really reinburst me shipping costs and installation charges, due to a defect in their item, not my fault at all
Old 07-02-2009, 09:58 AM

yep it was a complete waste of time , and a complete waste of money, and now to ship this item back to racingline in canada is gonna cost alot( the box is 4 ft long) they should really reinburst me shipping costs and installation charges, due to a defect in their item, not my fault at all
Wait a sec... They aren't paying for shipping as of now? The product doesnt even fit! Please keep us posted, if they wont cover the cost to return a defective item then that is Bu**sh*t. Yes, with a capitol B.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:02 AM

Wait a sec... They aren't paying for shipping as of now? The product doesnt even fit! Please keep us posted, if they wont cover the cost to return a defective item then that is Bu**sh*t. Yes, with a capitol B.
im still waiting from a responce from them, hopefully theyll cover shipping costs and installation costs due to their defective item.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:15 AM

im still waiting from a responce from them, hopefully theyll cover shipping costs and installation costs due to their defective item.
If they do not cover the costs, or at least the shipping, associated will this faulty item I can 100% say I will no longer buy any products at all from Racingline. I suggest everyone do the same. This is an unacceptable breach of ethics. Please keep us updated.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:20 AM

Thumbs down

Damn man! That sucks... They had better make it right for you as you represent the board's full 7th gen attendance right now.

If they don't, I can guarantee they'll sell NOT ONE UNIT to anyone on this board.

Now's the time to make things right and reassure the community of the product's quality and fitament for future customers.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:22 AM

Any pics? I wanna see this.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:34 PM

wow sorry to hear about the issue that your having with them man. I hope that something gets worked out. You really should get a full refund as well as a refund on the money that you had to pay for the unsuccessful install.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Rather than go through the expense and aggravation of boxing it up, shipping it back AND paying for that, AND looking for another y-pipe, why not just unweld the flange and have it welded in properly and cut ur losses?? I cant imagine that will cost more than $25.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
Rather than go through the expense and aggravation of boxing it up, shipping it back AND paying for that, AND looking for another y-pipe, why not just unweld the flange and have it welded in properly and cut ur losses?? I cant imagine that will cost more than $25.
If raceingline will pay for him to do that they I would say go for it but if they wont pay for the money that hes already wasted with the unsuccessful install as well as the price to cut and re weld the piece then i would also just send it back.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:59 PM

ON RACINGLINE PERFORMANCES WEB SITE IT SAYS THAT THE ITEM IS Under Review, Will be back online shortly

SO LOOKS LIKE THEY GOT YOUR MESSAGE HOPEFULLY THEY CAN DO SOMETHING FOR YOU.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by KillaKam
If raceingline will pay for him to do that they I would say go for it but if they wont pay for the money that hes already wasted with the unsuccessful install as well as the price to cut and re weld the piece then i would also just send it back.
yea exactly i would have to pay for the welding and installation again, its not worth it
Old 07-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Demodded and Forgotten

Good luck on that
Old 07-02-2009, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by rroderiques77
Good luck on that
It's not unreasonable.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:36 PM

Angry

I have the same problem myself, they want a picture of the flange that does not line up. I sent them the picture and hopefully will get a response as well. I am really disappointed with this item, if I cannot get anything in return or a refund then I am going to completely stay away from Racingline. I just wasted money and I sure as hell dont want to pay the difference to send it back when it should be them. Anybody else have any suggestions? I'm just pretty upset about it.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:14 PM

I'm surprised Taz hasn't chimed it yet.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:20 PM
TAZ
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Hey guys, I have looked into the error and it appears that our welder messed up. The altima and Maxima pipes are identical with the exception of the flange in question. It appears he welded all part#'s 10077A and 10077M with "A" flanges on the rear. We will be examining the remainder of our stock to make sure no other incorrect pipes go out, and I do apologize for the inconvenience.

It's up to the 2 members above (they have been emailed already, and been provided with free shipping information to return the units on our dime) if they would like a refund or if they would like to wait for a replacements, but since it appears that all have the incorrect flange, it makes more sense to just make a new batch of pipes for the maxima and let the current stock stand as extra altima pipes. A couple pipes did go out already from or first few production units (5 in total, I'm not sure who they are on the board).

Again sorry guys for the mixup, but we are here an accepting fault, and are working with the 2 members affected to make sure things get fixed, and as quickly as possible. In the end though we all just human and sometimes stuff happens, but we are here working through it to make it right

We have been part of the Maxima community for a few years now and as anyone in the 6th gen forum will attest to, we always stand behind our stuff and do what we can to go the extra mile for you guys.

Joe
Owner
Racingline Performance

Last edited by TAZ; 07-02-2009 at 03:23 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by Racingline
Hey guys, I have looked into the error and it appears that our welder messed up. The altima and Maxima pipes are identical with the exception of the flange in question. It appears he welded all part#'s 10077A and 10077M with "A" flanges on the rear. We will be examining the remainder of our stock to make sure no other incorrect pipes go out, and I do apologize for the inconvenience.

It's up to the 2 members above (they have been emailed already, and been provided with free shipping information to return the units on our dime) if they would like a refund or if they would like to wait for a replacements, but since it appears that all have the incorrect flange, it makes more sense to just make a new batch of pipes for the maxima and let the current stock stand as extra altima pipes. A couple pipes did go out already from or first few production units (5 in total, I'm not sure who they are on the board).

Again sorry guys for the mixup, but we are here an accepting fault, and are working with the 2 members affected to make sure things get fixed, and as quickly as possible. In the end though we all just human and sometimes stuff happens, but we are here working through it to make it right

We have been part of the Maxima community for a few years now and as anyone in the 6th gen forum will attest to, we always stand behind our stuff and do what we can to go the extra mile for you guys.

Joe
Owner
Racingline Performance
Thank you Joe for stepping up here. The community appreciates it.
Regards,
Dan
Old 07-02-2009, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Racingline

Joe
Owner
Racingline Performance
great! i really appreciate the service from racingline to fix this problem i received an email from racingline saying they will give me a full refund and refund installation charges as well as shipping. Hopefully they fix this problem with the pipes and since the service was excellent ill consider repurchasing this item down the line
Old 07-02-2009, 07:22 PM

It's amazing all this drama....

Kudos to Racingline!

Shame to everyone who prematurely jumped on the bit(#wagon...

Last edited by MaxLoverAz; 07-02-2009 at 10:10 PM.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:26 PM

thats great that they are doing all of that. Racingline is a very good company imo and them refunding everthing even though they should anyways is a very good move in showing how commited to their customeers they are.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by MaxLoverAz

Kudos to Racingline!

It's great drama, and I'm glad I could contribute to it. haha.

Good show Racingline. I really want that Y-pipe when I do my exhaust, so I'm glad it will be a good product with a great company backing it.

I've got my own drama going on with Stillen right now, so It's good to see that there still are some companies out there that stand behind their products 100%.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:54 AM

Kudos to Racingline!

It's called making sure the right thing got done.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:12 AM

Glad to see RL, has stepped up to the Plate. there's no need to breath down there neck things happen.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:33 AM

How identical is the Altima to the Maxima
Old 07-03-2009, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mreim769
It's called making sure the right thing got done.
I agree but it was premature, and we all don't like anything that starts with premature... LOL
Old 07-03-2009, 01:12 PM

I agree but it was premature, and we all don't like anything that starts with premature... LOL
Lol, I don't know what you're talking about......
Old 07-03-2009, 10:04 PM

RACINGLINE FTW!!!
Old 07-05-2009, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by STILLENGLE
Glad to see RL, has stepped up to the Plate. there's no need to breath down there neck things happen.
things do happen but when u pay 280+ for something you would expect it to be right
Old 07-05-2009, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by STARR
How identical is the Altima to the Maxima
Id say pretty identical. Both are based on the same platform but i think if im correct the max is just alittle wider, and has an upgraded version of the CVT as well as the VQ
Old 07-06-2009, 09:28 AM

It's good to hear the issues are being resolved. I'm going to sit tight and wait for a good GP on these before I buy.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:36 AM
Hooooooonda.....

things do happen but when u pay 280+ for something you would expect it to be right
$280 for an aftermarket performance part is nothing. Yes you would expect it to be correct, every car part should be correct but come on, it's ONLY $300...
Old 07-06-2009, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by DAVE Sz
$280 for an aftermarket performance part is nothing. Yes you would expect it to be correct, every car part should be correct but come on, it's ONLY $300...
So since its nothing to you how about you give the OP 300 bucks and you shut up? can you do it?

Quick Reply: GOT MY RACINGLINE Y PIPE AND VERY DISSAPOINTED!!!!