7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

2010 Nissan Maxima Pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 08:25 PM

Just saw the iPod interface on the interior photos page. It's the second to last photo. What a difference the background color and font makes. It makes my graphics look cheap. Wish there was a way to upgrade the software for those graphics.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by ratdoc
Glad I got Precision Gray while it was available.
I'm shocked they bailed on Precision Gray! That was by far the best color on the 7th gen.
Old 08-29-2009, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Rochester
I'm shocked they bailed on Precision Gray! That was by far the best color on the 7th gen.

I still remember Burnt Umber was a desirable color when the 6th gen ('04) first came out. But they quit using Burnt Umber on the 6th gen in July of '03 (said it was just an 'introductory' color), and dealers eventually began charging extra for Burnt Umbers they still had in stock. I saw a Burnt Umber SE passing OZ Pizza in Fairburn GA back on Monday, and froze completely still with a slice of pizza halfway to my mouth. Beautiful.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
I still remember Burnt Umber was a desirable color when the 6th gen ('04) first came out. But they quit using Burnt Umber on the 6th gen in July of '03 (said it was just an 'introductory' color), and dealers eventually began charging extra for Burnt Umbers they still had in stock. I saw a Burnt Umber SE passing OZ Pizza in Fairburn GA back on Monday, and froze completely still with a slice of pizza halfway to my mouth. Beautiful.
Burnt Umber...? Was that the orange Maxima? You're right... that's a rare 6th Gen. Definitely a stop-in-your-tracks color.

And the rare 5th Gen color... that would be the Titanium Edition Tungsten. Not quite silver, not quite blue. Very intriguing.

I can't help wondering who makes these decisions. Are they made because of low sales on these colors, or are they made to create something special?

Last winter, I drove a Precision Gray SV Sport/Winter Pkg... loved everything about it, (particularly the color!) except for that one obvious flaw. If the car had a 6MT, I'd be driving it today.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Rochester
I can't help wondering who makes these decisions. Are they made because of low sales on these colors, or are they made to create something special?

Nissan likes to add a new color or two when there isn't much else changed for a new model year; gives them something to point to. The new colors selected were Ocean Gray and Crimson Black. Ten colors is too many to produce, so Nissan felt one or two had to be dropped. The most logical candidate had to be Precision Gray.

Why Precision Gray? It was a fairly well-liked color here on the ORG, but nationally, was being outsold by the similar (and almost mandatory) color Radiant Silver. Precision Gray was also very similar to the new color Ocean Gray. Three very similar colors would make no sense.

So, although it was a very tasteful color, Precision Gray had to go. I can only hope the new Ocean Gray does not have blue or lavendar undertones like the 'new silver' Nissan put on the 1995 Maxima. We can't tell much from the Ocean Gray shown on nissanusa, as those examples are notoriously off-shade when new colors are introduced.

On another note, I am a little concerned that many dealers have not yet brought in any '10 Maximas, and the dealers that do have '10 Maximas have only a very few. It isn't because they haven't been made; Nissan is now at the 5,000 mark in 2010 Maxima serials (VIN Serial 805000). It may be that dealers have been grabbing all the econoboxes they possibly can during these past few months in order to take full advantage of the just-ended 'clunker' program. If that was the case, then we should see an influx of '10 Maximas at most dealers fairly quickly.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:18 AM

Nissan likes to add a new color or two when there isn't much else changed for a new model year; gives them something to point to. The new colors selected were Ocean Gray and Crimson Black. Ten colors is too many to produce, so Nissan felt one or two had to be dropped. The most logical candidate had to be Precision Gray.

Why Precision Gray? It was a fairly well-liked color here on the ORG, but nationally, was being outsold by the similar (and almost mandatory) color Radiant Silver. Precision Gray was also very similar to the new color Ocean Gray. Three very similar colors would make no sense.

So, although it was a very tasteful color, Precision Gray had to go. I can only hope the new Ocean Gray does not have blue or lavendar undertones like the 'new silver' Nissan put on the 1995 Maxima. We can't tell much from the Ocean Gray shown on nissanusa, as those examples are notoriously off-shade when new colors are introduced.
Nice analysis. You're right, of course... unit sales are the deciding factor, not org member preferences. There's some sense to the observation that enthusiasts prefer the unique colors.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:34 PM
Bad *** Newb

Originally Posted by dauntlessmax
So in this day and age with too much traffic even on 20 lane Freeways you'd STILL want a manual?
Yes. Auto and CVT ftmfl.

I see wheel gap looks to be gone your 7th gens. It's about time haha. Colors are decent, but what's with the rims? Nissan needs to steal the G rims and put them on the maxima and get something new for infiniti.

Last edited by Child_uv_KoRn; 09-01-2009 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:45 PM

The accessory options are pathetic.

The Nismo section has a license plate frame.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Child_uv_KoRn
Yes. Auto and CVT ftmfl.

I see wheel gap looks to be gone your 7th gens. It's about time haha. Colors are decent, but what's with the rims? Nissan needs to steal the G rims and put them on the maxima and get something new for infiniti.
I hope you're talking about the G Coupe Sport rims instead of the rather ugly G Sedan Sport rims.

Oh and in about 20 years, Manuals will become antiquated and will be the equivalent of jousting, so get used to one while you still can!
Old 09-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Bad *** Newb

I hope you're talking about the G Coupe Sport rims instead of the rather ugly G Sedan Sport rims.

Oh and in about 20 years, Manuals will become antiquated and will be the equivalent of jousting, so get used to one while you still can!
Off with your head, heretic!

Yeah, I have the Gc rims, they're sweet.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:38 PM

Hot car.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:48 PM

Wink

20 years? Within 15 years, manual trannies will only be available as an option when you buy a nostalgic retro vehicle. Even then, there will be a government fuel surcharge because, by that time, manuals will be much less efficient than CVTs.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:12 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Dad
I'd love to see what Crimson Black looks like.

I'm a sucker for a good dark cherry.
Just saw one on a lot yesterday. Very cool color. It does have a purple-ish hue to it.

Old 09-05-2009, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by IrieMon
Just saw one on a lot yesterday. Very cool color. It does have a purple-ish hue to it.

Thanks for the picture. What was the sticker price on the car? I'm sitting here thinking to my self that the '09 18's look better than these rims. I don't know, maybe the car wasn't washed is all.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by IrieMon

Hard to tell from a pic, but it sure doesn't do anything for me. Maybe I'm just getting old...
Old 09-05-2009, 11:26 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

The color is rare and attractive.
Old 09-05-2009, 01:11 PM

Just ordered mine today!!!
Old 09-05-2009, 01:14 PM

hmmm since the 2010 maxima and the 2009 max are the same.....why post thread about it?
Old 09-05-2009, 05:44 PM

They got rid of the Winter Frost interior! Cafe Latte` looks like a baby pooped in the inside of the car and SMEARED it all over!
Old 09-05-2009, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by drakutis
They got rid of the Winter Frost interior! Cafe Latte` looks like a baby pooped in the inside of the car and SMEARED it all over!

I have learned to like the smeared infant deposits OK, but have always preferred a frost interior since I got rid of my '49 Studebaker that had black seats. Black seats in a warm climate are vanity gone amuk.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Randy
New here - looking at 2010 Maxima -Configurator - Interior colors reduced
no grey. Then go to selecting your Options - there is a sport package option very strange - select the Technology Package it adds the sport package, Monitor Package and cold package. Total is way less then if you selcted SV with Sport package. So if the configurator is correct - you can not get an SV and Tech package without the sport package.
This seems to be common with Nissans, makes them "fun" to sort through. I'll get the 2010 pricing and features information into TrueDelta's database in the next couple of days, to enable precise comparisons with the 2009 and other cars.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:43 PM

nyce!!
Old 09-07-2009, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by IFuXwiTuZ
hmmm since the 2010 maxima and the 2009 max are the same.....why post thread about it?
Maybe because they're not exactly the same?
Old 09-08-2009, 07:22 AM
TBA

Crimson Black looks nice. I'd get it.

The Winter Frost color looked too boring for this car. IMO, it belonged in a Camry or other similarly bland vehicle. I suppose there are those that liked it, however, or wanted a cooler interior.

Which version of baby poop should does it look like? The mustard-type, or the green-type? They change day-by day. Anyway, apparently I'm a fan of baby poop because I love the Caffe Latte color. It looks to me like an English Tan. With two kids, no way was I going with a black interior. It would show every crumb and dropped Cheerio. And be absurdly hot.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by TBA
Crimson Black looks nice. I'd get it.

The Winter Frost color looked too boring for this car. IMO, it belonged in a Camry or other similarly bland vehicle. I suppose there are those that liked it, however, or wanted a cooler interior.

Which version of baby poop should does it look like? The mustard-type, or the green-type? They change day-by day. Anyway, apparently I'm a fan of baby poop because I love the Caffe Latte color. It looks to me like an English Tan. With two kids, no way was I going with a black interior. It would show every crumb and dropped Cheerio. And be absurdly hot.

Yes, Winter Frost is not only the best color for the miserable six month summers we have south of Hotlanta, but is the best color for giving a striking contrast with the smoke colored double panel roof; really eye-catching. Had I bought a Maxima without the double-panel roof, I might have gone with Radiant Silver; I have been mostly a silver person for the last forty years, and this '09 looks great in silver.

I see the 'baby poop' (Cafe Latte) as a nice, light shade of tan, which contrasts very nicely with the parts of the interior that are black. I have had several compliments on my Cafe Latte interior.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:49 AM

just saw the 2010's...

Only differences are the colors and the rims...

I will say this, the premium/standard rims are no visable difference.

However... the sport rims are more titanium grey. They look awesome! I want to find a set to put on my max.

The crimson black is cool, but alittle too purpley for my taste. will definately trend to the older crowd with that one.

Sorry I didn't have my camera while at the dealership.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:47 PM

Does the 2009 have paddle shifters w/ the premiun package?
Old 09-21-2009, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by 67whitegoat
Does the 2009 have paddle shifters w/ the premiun package?
Yes; Standard with both the Premium and Sport packages.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:27 PM
Per

Originally Posted by drakutis
I guess you have not seen a Ferrari or Lamborghini in red with what they call a tan interior!
Cafe Latte is the most gorgeous interior color since the burnt orange!
Old 09-21-2009, 09:29 PM
Per

Actually it was called Radiant Ember, and it was beautiful. Still regret I didn't buy one with the Elite package and the burnt orange interior!
Old 09-21-2009, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Per
Actually it was called Radiant Ember, and it was beautiful. Still regret I didn't buy one with the Elite package and the burnt orange interior!

You are absolutely right. My old mind has trouble remembering the fancy words they use for colors. Had many of us know up front that the Radiant Ember would cease to be used as of July, 2003, I dare say more of us would have grabbed that color while we could. With the Burnt Orange interior!
Old 09-23-2009, 09:24 PM
Per

You are absolutely right. My old mind has trouble remembering the fancy words they use for colors. Had many of us know up front that the Radiant Ember would cease to be used as of July, 2003, I dare say more of us would have grabbed that color while we could. With the Burnt Orange interior!
I have to admit I cheated! I have the original 2004 and 2005 brochures. But I failed to pick up the 2006 brochure, which is the car I ended up with--such is life.........
Old 09-23-2009, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Per
I have to admit I cheated! I have the original 2004 and 2005 brochures. But I failed to pick up the 2006 brochure, which is the car I ended up with--such is life.........

Worry not; everyone cheats on the net. Better to check and get it right than to guess and end up wrong, as I did.

Since I bought an '04, I made it a point to have the '04 brochure, which shows the Radiant Ember (heck; I still have my 1985 and 1986 Maxima brochures), but was just too lazy to go pick it up.

Thanks for the gentle correction.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:35 AM
Per

Which also proves my point that Nissan does not always do what customers want. I did not realize the Radiant Ember was taken out of production as early as July '03, before they had a sense of what customers wanted. Sometimes manufacturers make decisions based on what reviewers say. Trouble is reviewers don't buy cars, they just test drive them!
Old 09-24-2009, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Per
Which also proves my point that Nissan does not always do what customers want. I did not realize the Radiant Ember was taken out of production as early as July '03, before they had a sense of what customers wanted. Sometimes manufacturers make decisions based on what reviewers say. Trouble is reviewers don't buy cars, they just test drive them!

Agreed. The assembly line began producing '04 Maximas in late January of '03, and they began arriving at dealers the first week in March '03. The last '04 Maximas were produced in July of '04, which means '04 Maximas were assembled for 18 months, surely the longest production run of any year Maxima ever. However the last Radiant Embers were assembled in July '03, which means they were produced for only six months, and for only four months after they began arriving at dealers in March of '03.

The worst point for me was the fact I never saw or heard anything about the Radiant Ember being an intro color, and it was fall of '03 before I saw or heard the first word about Radiant Ember being dropped. And I was on Maxima.org virtually every day that summer. I only found out because posters here began to have trouble finding Radiant Ember Maximas, and when they tried to order one, Nissan told them Radiant Ember was no longer available.

I am still disappointed that Nissan did not get the word out about that situation until it was over and done. And Nissan was a little dishonest about this, because the '04 Maxima brochure listed Radiant Ember as one of the eight available colors, with not one word hinting it would not be available the last 12 months of the production run.

But it is probably a reflection on me that I have still not been able to completely let that ancient incident go.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:29 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

hey 1sic
where'd you get the lip and roof wing painted/installed? you're in ny too right?
Old 01-11-2010, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by MasterMathias19
Just saw the iPod interface on the interior photos page. It's the second to last photo. What a difference the background color and font makes. It makes my graphics look cheap. Wish there was a way to upgrade the software for those graphics.
I just looked at the Ipod interface as well, and I am quite Pi$$ed!! When I was shopping for the vehicle in August, I looked on there website for the features and what not and I saw that this Tech Package displayed album art. They must have posted the 2010 up at that time, because when I got this bad boy (2009) album artwork does not exist, BS!! I thought maybe I was just missing something, however it just doesn't exist on this model. I wouldn't mind seeing about a software upgrade to hopefully fix this. I aqm also Pi$$ed that they opted for the USB after the fact as well!! I have more external harddrives then u can shake a stick at. Blows....
Old 01-11-2010, 08:42 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by imcgjh84
I just looked at the Ipod interface as well, and I am quite Pi$$ed!! When I was shopping for the vehicle in August, I looked on there website for the features and what not and I saw that this Tech Package displayed album art. They must have posted the 2010 up at that time, because when I got this bad boy (2009) album artwork does not exist, BS!! I thought maybe I was just missing something, however it just doesn't exist on this model. I wouldn't mind seeing about a software upgrade to hopefully fix this. I aqm also Pi$$ed that they opted for the USB after the fact as well!! I have more external harddrives then u can shake a stick at. Blows....
I agree with you about the album covers not able to shown does sucks because I put a lot of work putting album covers on itune. I do wish they do some kind of software upgrade or softmod to do this. I thought to get the album cover to show u must have the nav package but what those with monitor package like me. I don't see why the monitor package is not able to show album covers. I hope Nissan do something about this or does any have any ideals besides upgrading to nav just for album covers? Which would be stupid.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:40 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Call me crazy, but it looks like the Sport wheels are a bit "curvier"???? IDK It's probably just me.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:41 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I just bought a 2010 maxima and my front brakes are grabbing hard any ideas what would cause that?

Quick Reply: 2010 Nissan Maxima Pics