7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto Vent

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 06:00 AM

Auto Vent

Has anyone ever tried this product or anything like it? Does it really work?

http://www.asseenontv.com/prod-pages....html?gid=Auto
Old 08-28-2009, 10:10 AM

I had something like it back in the 80s...it ran on batteries though and after the novelty wore off, I found it more of a pain as you couldn't leave it installed all the time, was flimsy, and if I did try to drive with it still attached, kept getting in my peripheal view and I would knock it around with my melon head! Also, the seal isn't perfect and if it rained, water would soak the interior...but hey, everyone personalizes their ride to match their needs.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:24 AM

I think those have been shown to be pretty much worthless. They can't move nearly enough air to make a difference. You know how on a hot day, sometimes your climate control with fan speed 1 with air conditioning is not enough to ease the heat? That fan speed would move much more air than the window mounted vent ever could.

This should tell you all you need to know.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:53 PM

Not to sound like a smarta**, but doesn't the sunroof complete the same task of this product?
Old 08-28-2009, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by dauntlessmax
Not to sound like a smarta**, but doesn't the sunroof complete the same task of this product?

The device being discussed is intended for use when the car is left parked and closed up in the hot sun, hopefully to help the inside of the car 'top out' a few degres lower than it otherwise would. I personally would not think it would be able to make measurable difference. Maybe one degree? It would serve no purpose when the car is moving.

The sunroof is intended more for use while the car is moving on a day where the temperature is moderate. It should never be left open when the car is to be left unattended in a parking lot.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by davey6693
I think those have been shown to be pretty much worthless. They can't move nearly enough air to make a difference. You know how on a hot day, sometimes your climate control with fan speed 1 with air conditioning is not enough to ease the heat? That fan speed would move much more air than the window mounted vent ever could.

This should tell you all you need to know.
I may have been dozing on the couch, but I believe I saw a commercial for a "Prius???" (I can't be sure) with this concept as a factory option (albeit builtin) Perhaps if they are on each side???
Old 08-29-2009, 06:22 AM
TBA

Originally Posted by LtLeary
I may have been dozing on the couch, but I believe I saw a commercial for a "Prius???" (I can't be sure) with this concept as a factory option (albeit builtin) Perhaps if they are on each side???
Yes, the new Prius has an option for solar panels in the roof. The panels can power the vehicle's vent system to keep the interior cooler, and thereby use less AC in order to save gas. A pretty good idea, actually.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by TBA
Yes, the new Prius has an option for solar panels in the roof. The panels can power the vehicle's vent system to keep the interior cooler, and thereby use less AC in order to save gas. A pretty good idea, actually.

I have seen the promos for the new Prius, and the solar panels in the roof of the Prius are state-of-the-art, and cover a major area of the roof; vastly larger and more powerful than the tiny solar panels on the thread-starting device.