7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THE 2011 NISSAN LINEUP: CHARTING THE CHANGES - 2011 Nissan Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 09:35 PM

THE 2011 NISSAN LINEUP: CHARTING THE CHANGES - 2011 Nissan Maxima

Those who have the Sport models are going to want to kill themselves now, Lol.

2011 Nissan Maxima
The iconic Nissan Maxima, the original and continuing 4-Door Sports Car™, continues in the 2011 model year to offer breakthrough sports sedan styling, a driver-oriented cockpit, ample comfort and luxury for passengers and an advanced drivetrain anchored by Nissan’s legendary 3.5-liter VQ-series V6 engine.

Enhancements for the new model year are concentrated on refinements to the Maxima SV with Sport Package – a new dark chrome grille, smoked headlights (replaces standard clear color), unique shiny gray interior stitching and new metallic finish interior trim. All Maxima models also receive a new rolled edge tailpipe finisher and three new exterior colors – Metallic Slate, Brilliant Silver and Pearl White.

Maxima is again offered in two well-equipped models – Maxima 3.5 S and Maxima 3.5 SV – along with several special equipment packages. The 3.5 SV with Sport Package includes 19-inch wheels and tires, sport-tuned suspension, HID headlights, rear spoiler, premium leather-appointed seats, paddle shifters and much more. The 3.5SV with Premium Package includes the unique Dual Panel Moonroof, HID headlights, premium leather-appointed seats, Eucalyptus wood-tone trim, 7-inch color monitor, RearView Monitor and much more. In addition, the 3.5 SV Tech Package offers such features as Nissan Hard Drive Navigation System, 9.3GB Music Box® Hard Drive, DVD playback capability and more.

Every 2011 Maxima includes a standard 290-horsepower 3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve VQ-series V6 engine, Xtronic CVT™ with manual and “Ds” (drive sport) modes with available paddle shifters, and independent front strut/independent multi-link rear suspension.

The wide range of available technology includes a premium audio system, RearView Monitor and Nissan Hard Drive Navigation system with XM NavTraffic Real-Time Traffic information and XM NavWeather™ (XM subscription required, sold separately), Voice Recognition and 9.3GB Music Box® Hard Drive.

The 2011 Maxima goes on sale in August 2010.

Revisions for 2011 include:
New dark chrome grille (Sport models)
New smoked headlights (Sport models)
New rolled edge tailpipe finisher
New metallic finish for center stack, console, automatic transmission finisher, and door pulls (Sport models)
Unique shiny gray interior stitching (Sport models)
Three new exterior colors: Metallic Slate, Brilliant Silver and Pearl White
Old 06-22-2010, 01:07 AM

WOWWWWWWWWWWWW

!@#!%@!#&#@
Old 06-22-2010, 03:43 AM

^ Couldn't agree more!!!! WOW!!!

I am not sure what rolled edge tailpipe finisher are but everything else on there sounds like something I can just buy anyways. I could always buy the interior trim, the grill (as long as fitment isn't an issue), and the headlights I can defiantly always buy (again as long as fitment isn't an issue) it sucks though cause I just bought overlays, lol. It kinda stuck that they are going to have sport model oriented interior stitching that would have been nice to have to stick out from the other models..

HEADLIGHTS & FACTORY GRILL FOR SALE!!!! lol (Will sell once 2011 Maxima items are available).
Old 06-22-2010, 03:58 AM

Haha, I wouldn't go as far as to kill myself. If they added HP with a new engine then I might has jumped into traffic but these changes are not much. Here is my opinions on the changes

Smoked headlights. Others opions will differ but I've never been a fan of the darker headlights. I perfer the crystal clear brilliants of the ones we have. I remeber the altima did this one year and I wasn't a fan then. I'm sure I'll have to wait to see it but I think I'm happy with the ones we have.

New dark chrome grille. I'm sure this will look very nice. Probably something like te infinity's dark chrome grills. I would like that. Give it some time and you can probably buy it on eBay cheap. I'm going with the black t-Rex billet like ANNINO's instead.

Rolled edge tailpipes. I'm curious to see these. I have no idea how I will feel about it yet. I'm sure I'll like it more than hate it though. Still I don't think it will be a huge difference

New metalic dash finish. I will probably like this. To be honest I'm not a fan on what we have now. Although better than nothing, i hate the chain link. I really wish we had the option of the eucalyptus wood. I love that look. Again, a lot of people differ on which they perfer.

Shiny grey interior stitching. I would have to see this before making a solid judgement. It might look better depending on the interior seat color if it makes it stand out or "pop" more. I'm a big fan of the Red stitching and I think it will be hard to top.

I can't wait to see what the differences look like in person. I'm sure it will look nice. If I had the chance, the only thing I would get on mine (without seeig in person what it looks like yet) is the tail pipes and the interior trim if it looks better. I already plan to change the grille or I would say that as well. The smoked lights they can have.

I am also excited to see what this pearl white is going to look like. As if the old white wasn't pearl enough. It's probably going to look sweet. I wonder what colors will be deleted. Will they delete three??
Old 06-22-2010, 05:51 AM
Love my '09

So... All they changed is decorative?
Old 06-22-2010, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Flip2cho
Haha, I wouldn't go as far as to kill myself. If they added HP with a new engine then I might has jumped into traffic but these changes are not much. Here is my opinions on the changes

Smoked headlights. Others opions will differ but I've never been a fan of the darker headlights. I perfer the crystal clear brilliants of the ones we have. I remeber the altima did this one year and I wasn't a fan then. I'm sure I'll have to wait to see it but I think I'm happy with the ones we have.

New dark chrome grille. I'm sure this will look very nice. Probably something like te infinity's dark chrome grills. I would like that. Give it some time and you can probably buy it on eBay cheap. I'm going with the black t-Rex billet like ANNINO's instead.

Rolled edge tailpipes. I'm curious to see these. I have no idea how I will feel about it yet. I'm sure I'll like it more than hate it though. Still I don't think it will be a huge difference

New metalic dash finish. I will probably like this. To be honest I'm not a fan on what we have now. Although better than nothing, i hate the chain link. I really wish we had the option of the eucalyptus wood. I love that look. Again, a lot of people differ on which they perfer.

Shiny grey interior stitching. I would have to see this before making a solid judgement. It might look better depending on the interior seat color if it makes it stand out or "pop" more. I'm a big fan of the Red stitching and I think it will be hard to top.

I can't wait to see what the differences look like in person. I'm sure it will look nice. If I had the chance, the only thing I would get on mine (without seeig in person what it looks like yet) is the tail pipes and the interior trim if it looks better. I already plan to change the grille or I would say that as well. The smoked lights they can have.

I am also excited to see what this pearl white is going to look like. As if the old white wasn't pearl enough. It's probably going to look sweet. I wonder what colors will be deleted. Will they delete three??
im sure we can always swap the headlights and grill on on cars.....i wouldnt worryto much about it
Old 06-22-2010, 07:30 AM

Pearl White!?!?!?!
Old 06-22-2010, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by D-STREET-ALTIMA
im sure we can always swap the headlights and grill on on cars.....i wouldnt worryto much about it
Thats what I plan on doing and selling my factory ones on ebay or something. I'm sure someone will buy them.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:22 AM

Wish I still worked at NNA I would get some pics of the new model
Old 06-22-2010, 01:29 PM

Nice changes, but not enough to make me want to replace my car. I'm quite happy with what I have. At least now, we have some upgrade option parts for our cars.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:46 PM

rolled edge tail pipes are the tips that look like the 6.5 gens.. its more of a curbed edge than the sharp edge that you guys have now.

lets see if i can post a pic.

2007 stock exhaust

2009 stock exhaust

Last edited by Nismo4life07; 06-22-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:28 PM
You gon' pay what you owe

Not a bad list of updates. It looks like the goal was to make the Sport package a little more different from the regular SV. The Premium has the glass roof. Now the Sport has the blacked out scheme with the metallic finish accents. Another theory is that they are doing this in celebration of the Maxima's anniversary.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:39 PM

Good info, but theres no incentive for me to wait for the 2011, im not getting a sport anyways so I am not really concerned with the changes. Great info though, nontheless.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by KillaKam
Thats what I plan on doing and selling my factory ones on ebay or something. I'm sure someone will buy them.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:06 AM

Not much changing for 2011 as I expected! I love how 3 NEW exterior colors are coming though they are not new at all. They just are keeping those 3 colors and changing the names to make it appear that they are new went in fact they are not. Very nice sales ploy as usual.

It's too bad Nissan can't address and change the real issues many owners are having, such as vibrating/shaking front seats, poor OEM tire choice for the Max, suspension sounds/problems, etc etc?

It disappointing to see that Nissan still thinks this vehicle is a full blown sports sedan like the G37 and 3-Series .
Old 06-23-2010, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by smarty666
Not much changing for 2011 as I expected! I love how 3 NEW exterior colors are coming though they are not new at all. They just are keeping those 3 colors and changing the names to make it appear that they are new went in fact they are not. Very nice sales ploy as usual.

It's too bad Nissan can't address and change the real issues many owners are having, such as vibrating/shaking front seats, poor OEM tire choice for the Max, suspension sounds/problems, etc etc?

It disappointing to see that Nissan still thinks this vehicle is a full blown sports sedan like the G37 and 3-Series .
I agree with the statement about the tires. They still think the car is a full blown sports sedan except when it comes to the tires. Nobody would ever put RSA's a on full blown sports sedan, they are the worst tires ever made IMO. I can't wait to get some ContiExtreme DWS tires on my car after I burn the RSA's off.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD
I agree with the statement about the tires. They still think the car is a full blown sports sedan except when it comes to the tires. Nobody would ever put RSA's a on full blown sports sedan, they are the worst tires ever made IMO. I can't wait to get some ContiExtreme DWS tires on my car after I burn the RSA's off.
Oh my Nissan dealer told me yesterday that Nissan put the RS-As on because of their sport nature, in regards to vibrations, road feel, noise level, etc because the Maxima is a sports sedan and those are the characteristics a sport sedan has

Supposedly, vibrations/shimmy, rough ride, and loud noise level is a normal trait/characteristic of the RS-As and for a luxury sport sedan like the Maxima, according to my Nissan stealership
Old 06-23-2010, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by smarty666
Oh my Nissan dealer told me yesterday that Nissan put the RS-As on because of their sport nature, in regards to vibrations, road feel, noise level, etc because the Maxima is a sports sedan and those are the characteristics a sport sedan has

Supposedly, vibrations/shimmy, rough ride, and loud noise level is a normal trait/characteristic of the RS-As and for a luxury sport sedan like the Maxima, according to my Nissan stealership
Lol, that is funny. Nissan should have learned there lesson with those crappy tires 11-13 years ago, they put those things on the 97-99 SE. They were crap then and still are. Then in the 5th and 5.5 gen SE they put those crappy Bridgestone Potenzas that literally scare you when it rains, then again they put them on the 370 with the sport package (non sport gets Yoko's). They seem to have a history of putting bad tires on the "sport" version of there top line cars...... I cannot wait to replace these horrible Potenza's on my Z.

Last edited by MONTE 01&97 SE; 06-23-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:15 PM

nothing significant....wheres a 6 speed so i can go buy the current Maxima, if the Maxima didnt have that CVT I would seriously think about getting one, sooo for now im happy with my 6speed SER
Old 06-23-2010, 05:46 PM

I will be interested in how the three new colors fit in. As Nissan traditionally limits the Maxima to no more than eight colors (economics requires that they draw the line somewhere), and we already have eight colors with the '10, I suspect three current colors will be dropped.

The Brilliant Silver will probably replace the Radiant Silver, and probably be very close to the same shade. No big deal here.

The Pearl White will be almost an 'off-white', probably with a very slight hint of cream (very light tannish hue). This color on the 3rd generation Maxima was one of my all-time favoite car colors. It just looked so rich and lush. This may mean we lose the Winter Frost, which is a cold, stark, pure white, which is also very nice (my '09 is a Winter Frost).

The Metallic Slate has me puzzled. This could go three ways:
1 - New color replacing Mystic Jade. Probably not.
2 - New color replacing Dark Slate. Probably not.
3 - (and most likely), New color replacing the Precision Gray. This color will be very similar to the Precision Gray, except that where the Precision Gray has a 'flat' appearance, this new Metallic Slate will have thousands of tiny sparkling metallic-looking things in the paint to give a deeper, more reflective and richer looking finish.

We will find out in August (I suspect we will know sooner than that).
Old 06-23-2010, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
3 - (and most likely), New color replacing the Precision Gray. This color will be very similar to the Precision Gray, except that where the Precision Gray has a 'flat' appearance, this new Metallic Slate will have thousands of tiny sparkling metallic-looking things in the paint to give a deeper, more reflective and richer looking finish.
Come on light! Precision grey was out with the 2010 replaced by my favorite, Ocean Grey. You know this man! How could Metallic Slate replace Precision Grey when Precision Grey has been gone for a year! Your slippin on me Light. But I'm here to catch ya
Old 06-23-2010, 07:55 PM

Still with the small HD space... 9.3GB? Really?
Old 06-23-2010, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by DarienA
Still with the small HD space... 9.3GB? Really?
The only thing that 9.3 GB's are good for is music so if anything it's actually pretty huge.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:17 AM

Come on light! Precision grey was out with the 2010 replaced by my favorite, Ocean Grey. You know this man! How could Metallic Slate replace Precision Grey when Precision Grey has been gone for a year! Your slippin on me Light. But I'm here to catch ya
Wow! How could I forget? I'm still thinking in terms of the '09s. Thanks for catching this.

This poses a dilemna. I don't think the Ocean Grey (a nice color) will be dropped this quickly. I am going to have to mark all these colors on a spectrographic chart (technical gibberish for 'rack my brain') and try to guess where the Metallic Slate will fit in. One of these colors has to go.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:40 AM

I will be interested in how the three new colors fit in. As Nissan traditionally limits the Maxima to no more than eight colors (economics requires that they draw the line somewhere), and we already have eight colors with the '10, I suspect three current colors will be dropped.

The Brilliant Silver will probably replace the Radiant Silver, and probably be very close to the same shade. No big deal here.

The Pearl White will be almost an 'off-white', probably with a very slight hint of cream (very light tannish hue). This color on the 3rd generation Maxima was one of my all-time favoite car colors. It just looked so rich and lush. This may mean we lose the Winter Frost, which is a cold, stark, pure white, which is also very nice (my '09 is a Winter Frost).

The Metallic Slate has me puzzled. This could go three ways:
1 - New color replacing Mystic Jade. Probably not.
2 - New color replacing Dark Slate. Probably not.

We will find out in August (I suspect we will know sooner than that).
Hey! The precision gray is not "flat" by any means! It has a fine metallic flake and when properly cleaned and waxed it gives a very deep, rich appearance. So much so that every curve and bend in the body lines gives off a unique hue of the color. I was actually surprised when they got rid of the color, and consider myself lucky to have scooped one up while I could! It's now a limited edition color lol.
Old 06-24-2010, 04:14 AM

I am hoping they delete the ocean grey for that reason. To be original.

I think they took the precision grey away because it was similar to the radiant silver. They Ocean Gray looks nothing like the Precision Gray.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:37 AM

I am hoping they delete the ocean grey for that reason. To be original.

I think they took the precision grey away because it was similar to the radiant silver. They Ocean Gray looks nothing like the Precision Gray.
And to us Colour Blind Canadians it all looks the same
Old 06-24-2010, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Compusmurf
So... All they changed is decorative?
It sure seems like it...
Old 06-24-2010, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mreim769
Have you seen them
both in person?
Old 06-24-2010, 12:05 PM
Love my '09

Hahaha. You all see things in shades of white right?...Snowblindness?

Sorry, had to do it again.....

Nah, I agree, if it's not in the standard box of Crayola crayons, maybe even the 64 count box, then it's not a real color.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:46 PM

i agree, nothing to get excited about. maybe if the measurements are the same i'll buy two new smoked head lights
Old 06-24-2010, 02:35 PM

Have you seen them
both in person?
Indeed I have. In the book they looked the same and in person , shocker, they looked even more the same . To me a Grey is a Grey is a Grey.

Originally Posted by Compusmurf
Hahaha. You all see things in shades of white right?...Snowblindness?

Sorry, had to do it again.....

Nah, I agree, if it's not in the standard box of Crayola crayons, maybe even the 64 count box, then it's not a real color.

Most drives into work during the winter it feels like I do have Snowblindness. It was even more fun in the 300zx.

I can't imagine how you Floridians must drive with the road being so wavy in front of you all the time. But then you get to the wavy part and it isn't wavy. Very dissapointing .
Old 06-24-2010, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by ANNINO
Hey! The precision gray is not "flat" by any means! It has a fine metallic flake and when properly cleaned and waxed it gives a very deep, rich appearance. So much so that every curve and bend in the body lines gives off a unique hue of the color. I was actually surprised when they got rid of the color, and consider myself lucky to have scooped one up while I could! It's now a limited edition color lol.
I must admit I don't see very well, so just see a gray thing flashing by on the highway and think how conservative and tasteful it is. I would have to see one close-up standing still to fully appreciate the depth or metallicism of the finish. The color chips in the Maxima brochures don't show the metallic effect for any color, making them all look sort of 'flat.'

I am very happy Nissan uses appropriate colors on the 7th gen Maxima. No fire engine red or school bus orange or grape purple or electric blue or deep woods green or squeezed-out tangerine or limpid lavender.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:45 PM

No fire engine red or school bus orange or grape purple or electric blue or deep woods green or squeezed-out tangerine or limpid lavender.
That sounds like the colour options of a Dodge
Old 06-24-2010, 03:27 PM

That sounds like the colour options of a Dodge
Exactly. Dodge understands their target audience is not alternating weekends at the Metropolitan Museum of Art and Carnegie Hall, and generally would prefer a hue that will bring a vivid splash of color to their often-drab lives.

There is a clientele for school bus orange, and that clientele will often be buying Dodges and Chevys, especially the retro Dodge/Chryslers and Chevys.

I smile when I think of the bright colors car manufacturers put on retro vehicles, because I was there in the 1930s, when most of the vehicles used as the basis for today's retro vehicles were originally built. I can attest that vehicles back then were generally black. I seem to remember dark maroon and dark green as the two colors car manufacturers began slipping onto the car color palate by the late 1930s. At that time any variation from black was considered as a deviation from normality.

What always sort of mystified me was why white was not used because of the comfort factor. I began driving in the late 1940s, but never had an air-conditioned car until my 1966 Olds Delta 88. AC came into existance as an expensive, usually skipped option in the late 1950s. By the end of the 1960s, most 'loaded' cars had AC. But I was still adding after-market AC units to my Datsuns as late as 1978.

But this is supposed to be an '11 Maxima thread. If I could turn back time to 1950 and drive up to the old country store in a 2011 Maxima, everyone would dash and grab their shotguns, assuming an alien spaceship had landed.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:35 PM

Indeed I have. In the book they looked the same and in person , shocker, they looked even more the same . To me a Grey is a Grey is a Grey.
I have Ocean Grey.
Annino has Precision Grey.
You be the judge.
Do you really see the same color here?
Or a world of difference??
I know the name for both is "Grey" but some one really is color blind not to see the HUGE difference in these two colors. Why they named it Ocean Grey I have not Idea. The Ocean part I can see because its more Blue than anything. Haha, i never thought i would own a BLUE car. When i have taken my car into the dealer service center and they fill out the tag that goes on my keys they put down BLUE as the color.

Last edited by Flip2cho; 06-24-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:45 PM

r limpid lavender.
Sorry, I just HAD to quote "Limpid Lavender"
Old 06-25-2010, 12:26 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by tigersharkdude
Wish I still worked at NNA I would get some pics of the new model
Why, so you could get fired...err...quit again?
Old 06-25-2010, 07:29 AM

I have Ocean Grey.
Annino has Precision Grey.
You be the judge.
Do you really see the same color here?
Or a world of difference??
I know the name for both is "Grey" but some one really is color blind not to see the HUGE difference in these two colors. Why they named it Ocean Grey I have not Idea. The Ocean part I can see because its more Blue than anything. Haha, i never thought i would own a BLUE car. When i have taken my car into the dealer service center and they fill out the tag that goes on my keys they put down BLUE as the color.

I can tell a very slight difference between the two. Emphasis on the slight though. Yours looks a bit darker then ANNINO's. Trust me man I am colour blind and it is not fun.

Last edited by Mreim769; 06-25-2010 at 07:46 AM.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by tennezhp
Why, so you could get fired...err...quit again?
you sir are an a-hole. Working there was a cool job, knowing that you helped put together the cars you loved. And do you work there? Nobody ever followed the rules about not bringing there camera's in. And yes I quit there. I was sick of putting altima and maxima navigation HU's in in 40 seconds. It got boring doing the same thing 10 hours a day, 6 days a week

EDIT: next time you have something to say to me, PM me

Quick Reply: THE 2011 NISSAN LINEUP: CHARTING THE CHANGES - 2011 Nissan Maxima