7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 05:45 AM

Tires

I know this has been discussed almost as much as what type of fuel to use in the Max, but I was wondering if anyone has any opinion on the Michelin MXM4 tires offered on Tirerack for $175? It appears as though they are a relatively new tire. The survey results look pretty good but was wondering if anyone has these tires? I have been very fortunate that I have a little over 70K on my original RSA's, but they are starting to get a little noisy which is why I'm thinking about tires. After reading about how bad the RSA's are, I never expected to get that kind of mileage on them, but they have been very good to me. I guess, maybe, I'm a little easier on tires than a lot of you guys. Anyway, any thoughts would be appreciated. I have the 09 Max SV with sport/tech package, i.e. 19" tires. I'm the original owner having owned it since Aug. 2008.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:05 AM

I've never heard of them. I'm sure some owners may have them. you should check out the tire section to see if anyone has commented on them and you can get some feedback. By the way, how does your Max ride with the 19's?? Is it smooth and quiet?
Old 03-27-2013, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by RayFan
I know this has been discussed almost as much as what type of fuel to use in the Max, but I was wondering if anyone has any opinion on the Michelin MXM4 tires offered on Tirerack for $175? It appears as though they are a relatively new tire. The survey results look pretty good but was wondering if anyone has these tires? I have been very fortunate that I have a little over 70K on my original RSA's, but they are starting to get a little noisy which is why I'm thinking about tires. After reading about how bad the RSA's are, I never expected to get that kind of mileage on them, but they have been very good to me. I guess, maybe, I'm a little easier on tires than a lot of you guys. Anyway, any thoughts would be appreciated. I have the 09 Max SV with sport/tech package, i.e. 19" tires. I'm the original owner having owned it since Aug. 2008.
The feedback that you are looking for needs to have the criteria that is important to you. Do you drive in snow or ice? Are you looking for normal performance or ultra high performance? Are you sensitive to tire noise? Is tire wear important to you, etc.