7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Introduction and a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 05:32 PM

Introduction and a few questions

So I have been on here for a while and haven't introduced myself or my Maxima

My name is TJ, i'm 25 and live in Virginia. I converted from an Audi A6 to a 2010 Maxima

I rented a car this past summer and was given a Maxima, the S model to be exact and was in love with it so I decided I had to have one. There was no way I was dealing with the orange screen so the nav was the only requirement.

I ended up finding the one I wanted about 9 hours away, so tell me if I got a good deal or not?

(not sure what each package consists of so i'll just lay out the features, maybe someone can tell me what packages I have?)

2010 Maxima SV Ocean Grey - 7,569 Miles - One Owner - CPO - Navigation/XM with 2012/13 map discs - Music Hard Drive - Heated Steering Wheel - Heated/Cooled Seat - Xenon Lights - Pano Roof - Rear Shade - Rear Controls - Spoiler - Pristine condition

Dealer Wanted $26,900, talked them down to $26,100 and a tank of gas lol

Bought a Security Plus Gold Warranty 96 month 120k Miles with $0 deductible for $1045 from Nissan of Santa Rosa

So in all $27,145
Attached Thumbnails Introduction and a few questions-375326_4021941358034_1772830343_n.jpg   Introduction and a few questions-184591_4014568493717_1672890110_n.jpg   Introduction and a few questions-148941_3979594259383_12513911_n.jpg  
Old 03-29-2013, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by tkelly0314

My name is TJ, i'm 25 and live in Virginia. I converted from an Audi A6 to a 2010 Maxima

I rented a car this past summer and was given a Maxima, the S model to be exact and was in love with it so I decided I had to have one. There was no way I was dealing with the orange screen so the nav was the only requirement.

I ended up finding the one I wanted about 9 hours away, so tell me if I got a good deal or not?

(not sure what each package consists of so i'll just lay out the features, maybe someone can tell me what packages I have?)

2010 Maxima SV Ocean Grey - 7,569 Miles - One Owner - CPO - Navigation/XM with 2012/13 map discs - Music Hard Drive - Heated Steering Wheel - Heated/Cooled Seat - Xenon Lights - Pano Roof - Rear Shade - Rear Controls - Spoiler - Pristine condition

Dealer Wanted $26,900, talked them down to $26,100 and a tank of gas lol

Bought a Security Plus Gold Warranty 96 month 120k Miles with $0 deductible for $1045 from Nissan of Santa Rosa

So in all $27,145
Is that warranty a Nissan factory bumper to bumper warrranty ? If so that's a great price on it, 4 years plus and bascally unmilted mileage for about $260 a year
Old 03-29-2013, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by 13Maximasv
Is that warranty a Nissan factory bumper to bumper warrranty ? If so that's a great price on it, 4 years plus and bascally unmilted mileage for about $260 a year
It's the warranty that Nissan sells, so yes. I thought the guy had made a mistake until I received the contract. He said that they have special plans for CPO's that are still under the factory warranty. The $0 deductible is awesome!
Old 03-29-2013, 06:08 PM

another commonwealth maxima owner.. welcome and congrats sounds like a great deal
Old 03-29-2013, 06:32 PM

Sounds like a good deal to me, considering how low the mileage is. You are looking at an SV with the premium package (pano roof), cold package (heated steering wheel), and tech package (nav). Exactly what I have. Mines an '11, but there are no differences between the two years.

It's a great car! You'll love it. It'll be worth the drive to go out and get it. I think the SV premium is the best pkg, but lots of guys here have the sport pkg and it's equally as good. Only thing from the sport pkg that I wish I had is the 19" wheels instead of the 18's on the premium.

With mileage that low, it should ride like it's brand new. Give it a good test drive, and if everything seems good, I'd buy it. Last year I bought my '11 used with 16k miles, and just with the factory warranty, for about $29k out the door (if I'm recalling correctly).

Let us know if you have any questions that we can answer to help you decide. Are you considering any other cars, or are you set on a maxima?
Old 03-29-2013, 06:34 PM

Lol! I just re-read the first post and realized that you aren't still shopping, but you actually bought it. Haha. Congrats on a good purchase.
Old 03-29-2013, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Serpent
Sounds like a good deal to me, considering how low the mileage is. You are looking at an SV with the premium package (pano roof), cold package (heated steering wheel), and tech package (nav). Exactly what I have. Mines an '11, but there are no differences between the two years.

It's a great car! You'll love it. It'll be worth the drive to go out and get it. I think the SV premium is the best pkg, but lots of guys here have the sport pkg and it's equally as good. Only thing from the sport pkg that I wish I had is the 19" wheels instead of the 18's on the premium.

With mileage that low, it should ride like it's brand new. Give it a good test drive, and if everything seems good, I'd buy it. Last year I bought my '11 used with 16k miles, and just with the factory warranty, for about $29k out the door (if I'm recalling correctly).

Let us know if you have any questions that we can answer to help you decide. Are you considering any other cars, or are you set on a maxima?
Thanks for the reply. I guess I should have explained a little more and made it clear that I have already purchased it and am extremely happy with it. It drives like a brand new car. I bought it on December 28th and already have 14,860 on it. I need to lay off the clubbing lol I'm taking it in Wed. for the 15k mile service which is going to run me $177+tax, sound about right?

I'm guessing the spoiler was a dealer add on? What about having the hard drive, is that like an upgraded tech package? or is that standard with the nav?

I'm kind of in between on what I can do mod wise with this color. I love the color one day but then the next day when i'm thinking about tinting windows, buying rims etc. i'm not sure how it's going to look...
Old 03-29-2013, 06:42 PM

Everything together it's a good deal. You saved close to a grand on the ESC, which is great considering the factory warranty is gonna run out this year.

Lightonthehill could tell you exactly the pckge/options you have but it looks to me like you've got a Premium package, w Tech and cold weather options. Also a post factory rear spoiler.

So A6 to Maxima ... I know they're completely different classes but,

care to compare/contrast?
Old 03-29-2013, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jig9798
Everything together it's a good deal. You saved close to a grand on the ESC, which is great considering the factory warranty is gonna run out this year.

Lightonthehill could tell you exactly the pckge/options you have but it looks to me like you've got a Premium package, w Tech and cold weather options. Also a post factory rear spoiler.

Well the A6 was a very nice car and I truly loved it. It was an 06 model with 30k miles on it when I bought it, fairly loaded and now has 180k so I've put around 150k miles on it with quite a few problems along the way. Those problems cost an arm and a leg to fix. I live in Southwest VA and I did have an Audi dealer about 60 miles away from me until about 2 years ago, though it was expensive, I had a place to get it repaired that was reasonably close and knew it'd be repaired correctly. After they closed the nearest dealer was around 2 to 3 hours away. Anything that messed up after that we'd have tow it to some mom and pop shop which was a hassle as i'd have to find a flat bed wrecker as it was all-wheel drive and once there they didn't know there a*s from a hole in the ground so it was always half fixed. It just got to the point that the "luxury" wasn't worth the cost and hassle. After renting a car at Hertz and them giving me a Maxima I knew that I wanted one especially after test driving an SV.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:15 PM

I'm taking it in Wed. for the 15k mile service which is going to run me $177+tax, sound about right?

Cheaper than what my dealer charges for the 15K service

http://www.lupientnissan.com/j/i/379...tml?mid=699653
Old 03-29-2013, 07:24 PM

My name is TJ, i'm 25 and live in Virginia.

Did you buy the warranty from a different place than you bought the car ?
Old 03-29-2013, 07:25 PM

Man you got a great deal, especially with the number of miles it has.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:26 PM

Did you buy the warranty from a different place than you bought the car ?
Yes sir. I bought the car in Pennsylvania and the warranty in California.
Old 03-29-2013, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by Maxgig
Man you got a great deal, especially with the number of miles it has.
Thanks. I see that you have "rain sensing wipers" listed below. I seen that listed on the website when I purchased mine. What exactly does that mean? Not trying to sound dumb but my wipers do not come on when it starts raining nor do they speed up or slow down depending on the amount of rain...
Old 03-29-2013, 07:50 PM

Yes sir. I bought the car in Pennsylvania and the warranty in California.

How did you end up doing that ? I never heard of it before but would love more info so I can get the best price if I decide to extend my factory warranty.

Thanks
Old 03-29-2013, 07:56 PM

How did you end up doing that ? I never heard of it before but would love more info so I can get the best price if I decide to extend my factory warranty.

Thanks
You can purchase an extended warranty from any Nissan dealership. I read online and on this forum that Nissan of Santa Rosa is the cheapest when it comes to warranties and it is indeed true.

Did you buy your car new? or Certified Pre-Owned?

Go to the website and fill out the info and it'll instantly email you a quote. If your car is a CPO and are still under the original warranty you have to call them to get the cheap pricing like I did, it's not listed on the site.

http://nissansantarosaservicecontracts.com/
Old 03-29-2013, 08:07 PM

You can purchase an extended warranty from any Nissan dealership. I read online and on this forum that Nissan of Santa Rosa is the cheapest when it comes to warranties and it is indeed true.

Did you buy your car new? or Certified Pre-Owned?

Go to the website and fill out the info and it'll instantly email you a quote. If your car is a CPO and are still under the original warranty you have to call them to get the cheap pricing like I did, it's not listed on the site.

http://nissansantarosaservicecontracts.com/

Thanks I bought it new. I'll only have about 18K on it when the 3 year warranty is up

They knocked $1400 off your price when you called ?
  1. Maxima Gold Preferred 96 Month 120,000 Mile Coverage: $2,423.00
The warranty says it includes belts and hoses but I'm guessing only if they break as you'll be on your 3rd set of belts at 120K

Additional 20 high wear components including Belts and Hoses

Did you have to have this inspection done ?

http://nissansantarosaservicecontrac...formation.html

1. If you purchase a Pre-Owned Security+Plus plan online, you are taking a huge risk that Nissan will honor the plan when you make a claim. Part of the claim process can include verifying the inspection was complete and any needed repairs were completed either under the factory warranty or by you the customer. If those two things aren't in order Nissan can cancel your plan and deny the claim.

Last edited by 13Maximasv; 03-29-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:39 PM

I'm kind of in between on what I can do mod wise with this color. I love the color one day but then the next day when i'm thinking about tinting windows, buying rims etc. i'm not sure how it's going to look...
I can't think of a single color that doesn't look better with tint. Plus, that's a pretty inexpensive thing to do, and the function makes it worthwhile as well. Deeefffinitely tint it. (Bonus: you can pick your nose without worrying about who's watching.)
Old 03-29-2013, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Serpent
I can't think of a single color that doesn't look better with tint. Plus, that's a pretty inexpensive thing to do, and the function makes it worthwhile as well. Deeefffinitely tint it. (Bonus: you can pick your nose without worrying about who's watching.)

I had tinted windows ( don't know the %, illegal but FAR from blacked out) for 20 years when I lived in CT and was never pulled over once for tint. I moved to MN and got pulled over a half dozen times in a year and was forced to remove it.

If you never had tint I'd check the laws and even more important how they are enforced before you tint. Even though they say they won't damage the rear window defroster and they NEVER had it happen they make you sign a waiver. Guess what , my car was the first car they ever screwed up the defroster on while removing tint..........yea right
Old 03-29-2013, 08:47 PM

Thanks I bought it new. I'll only have about 18K on it when the 3 year warranty is up

They knocked $1400 off your price when you called ?
  1. Maxima Gold Preferred 96 Month 120,000 Mile Coverage: $2,423.00
The warranty says it includes belts and hoses but I'm guessing only if they break as you'll be on your 3rd set of belts at 120K

Additional 20 high wear components including Belts and Hoses

Did you have to have this inspection done ?

http://nissansantarosaservicecontrac...formation.html

1. If you purchase a Pre-Owned Security+Plus plan online, you are taking a huge risk that Nissan will honor the plan when you make a claim. Part of the claim process can include verifying the inspection was complete and any needed repairs were completed either under the factory warranty or by you the customer. If those two things aren't in order Nissan can cancel your plan and deny the claim.
My car was already inspected hence the Certified Pre-Owned - You can take care of the inspection by going to your local dealer, telling them you are purchasing a Security Plus Warranty and need the inspection (you print the inspection form from Nissan Of Santa Rosa's site or they will UPS it to you) after your car is inspected, you send the inspection to Nissan Of Santa Rosa - It's fairly simple.

- They didn't knock the price down because I called, the price is lower simply because there are special plans in place for Certified Pre-Owned Nissan's that are NOT listed on the site, I was made aware of this when I called. This is the "special plan" for the CPO - http://www.nissanusa.com/cpo/extended-protection.html

Plusss since my car is still under the original warranty the dealership said I qualified as a "new car" when it came to the section on the contract. I am guessing they know what they are doing. It's already been approved etc.

Last edited by tkelly0314; 03-29-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:51 PM

My car was already inspected hence the Certified Pre-Owned - You can take care of the inspection by going to your local dealer, telling them you are purchasing a Security Plus Warranty and need the inspection (you print the inspection form from Nissan Of Santa Rosa's site or they will UPS it to you) after your car is inspected, you send the inspection to Nissan Of Santa Rosa - It's fairly simple.

- They didn't knock the price down because I called, the price is lower simply because there are special plans in place for Certified Pre-Owned Nissan's that are NOT listed on the site, I was made aware of this when I called. This is the "special plan" for the CPO - http://www.nissanusa.com/cpo/extended-protection.html
My car isn't officially "CPO" but it has 700 miles on it.

I got that price of $24xx using the new vehicle pricing plan, seems that would be even cheaper than cpo. Maybe I'll call..thnks

Last edited by 13Maximasv; 03-29-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:33 AM

Would you have the name of the person you spoke to or a name at Nissan of Santa Rosa off the paperwork on the warranty ?

I called and spoke to three people, they told me the price I was quoted is firm and it's for a new car stiill under warranty. Being my car has 700 miles it qualifies for the best rate.

That being said they told me the told me the 96/120K is $2423 and the

Maxima Gold Preferred 60 Month 60,000 Mile Coverage is $1,044.00

With Labor rates ( today, who knows what they will be in 8 years ) being over $100 an hour if I can pull off additional 5 year 84K mile warranty for $209 a year I want in.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:09 PM

welcome, and congrats on the new purchase!
Old 03-31-2013, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Jig9798

Well, since my name has been mentioned, I will chime in.

You have an 'SV' with Premium and Tech packages.

You do NOT have the Cold package, as the three items in the Cold package (heated front seats, heated steering wheel and heated outside mirrors) are part of both the Sport and Premium packages. Hence the Cold package is available only on Maximas with neither the Sport nor Premium package.

The Hard Drive Navigation System is part of the Tech package.

If the spoiler was on the car when it arrived at the dealer, then the car was special-ordered by the dealer. More likely, the spoiler was either added by the dealer after the car arrived, or added by an early owner.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
Well, since my name has been mentioned, I will chime in.

You have an 'SV' with Premium and Tech packages.

You do NOT have the Cold package, as the three items in the Cold package (heated front seats, heated steering wheel and heated outside mirrors) are part of both the Sport and Premium packages. Hence the Cold package is available only on Maximas with neither the Sport nor Premium package.

The Hard Drive Navigation System is part of the Tech package.

If the spoiler was on the car when it arrived at the dealer, then the car was special-ordered by the dealer. More likely, the spoiler was either added by the dealer after the car arrived, or added by an early owner.
Thank you for the reply sir. Much appreciated.