7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XTS vs Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 07:29 PM

XTS vs Maxima

Thought I share my intake on the XTS since the ATS thread had good views...
(probably a long read) Lol

I almost traded the Maxima in for an XTS a week ago when I had an issue with the ONLY Nissan dealer near me.

It was a 2013 XTS with a sticker price of 54k (a step down from the top dog)

Exterior - Its attractive on some sense to me and I didn't noticed it until I parked it next to the Maxima. Its long and looks good but its not wide so it looks funny at the same time. lol Didn't like it doesn't have foglight but then again all the new caddy went away with fogs. Did like the adaptive HIDs for oncoming traffic and turns with the steering wheel feedback.

Interior - The interior is amazing its spacious obviously as its a bigger car compared to the Maxima. The Bose sound system has more "bass" to it but the Maxima Bose is def. clearer. Didn't like the fake cheap dual sunroof, I prefer the full roof glass (although I have the sport maxima). The buttonless interior was fun to mess with but the navigation has delays with the touch inputs and that was a big let down for me.

Braking - Had Brembos up front only and the stopping was pretty decent then again I have BBK on the Max.

Handling - The sport magnetic suspension is pretty neat not too stiff and not too soft, electric steering was pretty dialed in but no road feedback at all.

Tech Stuff - Neat but as stated there is delays with the touch systems throughout the car, the collision alert on the driver seat is awesome before it hits the brakes for you if need be, also has all the lane and car detection high tech stuff like all the new cars now.

Performance - This is where I was like WTF!!! Thats it??? The 3.6 in this type of car is the biggest disappointment. Although it has more HP then our VQ and about even on the TQ its just not there at all. The 6spd auto is nice but its long and shift thru all gears before you hit 40mph. And the MPG isn't great no better or worse then the Maxima. Oh the 3.6 in the XTS is a detuned 3.6 of the ATS/CTS... why? I have no fkn idea!

In all there was no WOW factor in this 54k car at all for me to even consider the trade, I just couldn't, XTS next to the Maxima just looked sad. I didn't bother with the ATS as its a smaller car and I knew that, its an equivalent of an IS.

Next car I am going to try and see is the Q50...
Old 06-18-2013, 08:37 PM

I will be trading my max for a q50 n dec. Well worth the upgrade. Sat in one today.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by eljoker
I will be trading my max for a q50 n dec. Well worth the upgrade. Sat in one today.
Looks too much like an Altima IMV. But if you're gonna trade, I would do more than just sit in it
Old 06-19-2013, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by ndk1
Looks too much like an Altima IMV. But if you're gonna trade, I would do more than just sit in it
I actually will be selling these and have driven them. And idk but if anything looks like an Altima its the Maxima. That was nissans faultl for that one. I like my maxima but I need more MPG and AWD is nice. Q50S Hybrid it is.

Last edited by eljoker; 06-19-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by eljoker
I actually will be selling these and have driven them. And idk but if anything looks like an Altima its the Maxima. That was nissans faultl for that one. I like my maxima but I need more MPG and AWD is nice. Q50S Hybrid it is.
The Maxima looks nothing like the Altima, IMNSHO. Not from the front, not from the rear (especially without the bumper spoiler) not even from the side.
It simply resembles a recent Nissan sedan with all the visual cues of a Nissan. Moreover, it doesn't ride, handle nor steer like an Altima and I tried both. I was also in the market for a g37 and if it were a little more spacious, I would be posting in a g37 forum.
Gone are the elegant lines and profile of the G37. Not only is this a quasi-spitting image of the Altima, my eyes were wondering looking for the infiniti badge because the first time I saw it on the net, I was sure it was a practical joke and someone had simply thrown the Infiniti badges on the thing.

No malice intended, just my personal opinion, btw.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:58 AM

The similarity is striking. For the exception of the Hyundai lines of the Altima and minor differences in tail lights, the resemblance is astonishing.

Last edited by ndk1; 06-20-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:24 AM

Yeah.... If you stop to think about it...the g (q50 now) is basically the altima of infiniti. Their base sedan. The M (q70 now) is their flagship, their maxima.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:05 PM

I hear ya guys. Looks are subjective to every ones opinions. Will say, the hybrid sport is a blast to drive.