Maxima Forums

Maxima Forums (https://maxima.org/forums/)
-   7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) (https://maxima.org/forums/7th-generation-maxima-2009-2015-78/)
-   -   12V Plug not working. Help please. (https://maxima.org/forums/7th-generation-maxima-2009-2015/669506-12v-plug-not-working-help-please.html)

joegrdoyle 08-19-2013 09:02 PM

12V Plug not working. Help please.

2012 w/ Premium Package. Both 12V plugs are not working - the one inside the center console under the arm rest and the other inside the small storage compartment just in front of the first plug. I have pulled both fuses and both are in good shape.

I guess my next step is to tear into the console and see what's going on. Could it be possible that one has failed and caused both not to work?

How in the heck do I gain access to them. Can I simply pull up on them and get them out? I cannot find anywhere how to take the center console apart.

Anyone else had this problem and been able to repair?

13Maximasv 08-19-2013 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by joegrdoyle (Post 8840992)
2012 w/ Premium Package. Both 12V plugs are not working - the one inside the center console under the arm rest and the other inside the small storage compartment just in front of the first plug. I have pulled both fuses and both are in good shape.

I guess my next step is to tear into the console and see what's going on. Could it be possible that one has failed and caused both not to work?

How in the heck do I gain access to them. Can I simply pull up on them and get them out? I cannot find anywhere how to take the center console apart.

The power outlet in my console works but the one behind the cup holder has never worked, going in for repair this weekend

escblads 08-19-2013 09:59 PM

Have you taken a multimeter to it to see if it has either a ground or voltage going through it? That would be the quickest way to see what the problem is since the fuses are good.

joegrdoyle 08-20-2013 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by 13Maximasv (Post 8841015)
The power outlet in my console works but the one behind the cup holder has never worked, going in for repair this weekend

Can you please let me know what you find out?

joegrdoyle 08-20-2013 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by escblads (Post 8841019)
Have you taken a multimeter to it to see if it has either a ground or voltage going through it? That would be the quickest way to see what the problem is since the fuses are good.

No voltage. Didn't know if it was one plug causing a problem for both or both are actually bad. I'm assuming the back of the plugs would be a greater chance of causing the problem than the back of the fuse box, however, if both are not working and independent of one another, I didn't know if maybe I should start at the fuse box.

joegrdoyle 08-20-2013 11:58 AM

Do you guys know if I have to tear apart the entire console or if I can just pop the plugs out the felt trays (for lack of a better term) they are in? I want to get to the back of the plugs to see what is going on but didn't know if tearing apart the console was necessary. I have searched all over for information but little exists on the 7th generation.

09Maxima_Sam 08-20-2013 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by joegrdoyle (Post 8840992)

It's still in warranty I assume. Let the dealership fix it. It's their problem not yours.

13Maximasv 08-20-2013 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by joegrdoyle (Post 8841188)

My car goes in Saturday, send me a PM just case I forget as I am off work for 2 weeks

Why don't you just let the dealer handle it since it's under warranty ?

Propa Teknique 08-22-2013 09:15 AM

I'm glad to know about this. I"ll be taking mine in. That is really aggravating.

13Maximasv 08-24-2013 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by joegrdoyle (Post 8841188)

Mine was just a fuse,

Propa Teknique 08-30-2013 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by 13Maximasv (Post 8842908)
Mine was just a fuse,

+1 mine was a fuse as well. Took it to the dealership yesterday (first oil change) and they fixed that outlet. As soon as they drove the car to the door so I can leave the outlet stopped working again so they replaced it with another fuse. Really quick and there were free snacks!