7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting fed the BS

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 01:32 PM

Getting fed the BS

Correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure ive seen prior post where people have brought their maximas back to nissan to have them program the car so once the vehicle in park the doors unlock? Just came back from nissan and the "master" technician said that this is not possible on this car. Anyone have this issue?
Old 10-10-2014, 01:38 PM

The dealer can reprogram to unlock the doors when shifter placed in park using their Consult III tool.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by saltohio
The dealer can reprogram to unlock the doors when shifter placed in park using their Consult III tool.
The doors of my 09 SV sport are always unlocked when I place the shifter in park after being driven. For that matter I am not sure if the doors even lock when I'm driving.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:56 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by 14GmMax
Correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure ive seen prior post where people have brought their maximas back to nissan to have them program the car so once the vehicle in park the doors unlock? Just came back from nissan and the "master" technician said that this is not possible on this car. Anyone have this issue?
idk if it's an dealer option or not, but my 2012 Limited Edition opens the doors when the car stops and is in Park and automatically locks them when the car is shifted into drive and passes a certain speed.
Old 10-10-2014, 05:08 PM

You don't have to use Consult or the dealer. The "master" tech should look at the FSM.

The procedure to activate automatic unlock without Consult is in the DLK section of the FSM page DLK 14 &15
I believe this is a standard feature on all 7th Gens.

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Maxima/2014%20Maxima/

Last edited by Nopike; 10-10-2014 at 05:14 PM.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Nopike
You don't have to use Consult or the dealer. The "master" tech should look at the FSM.

The procedure to activate automatic unlock without Consult is in the DLK section of the FSM page DLK 14 &15

Awesome thank you for the info I will try it tomorrow, and thank you everyone else as well!
Old 10-11-2014, 07:31 AM

Are you able to change the type of selection without the Consult tool? Based on what I just read, without having the Consult tool you are only able to disable or enable the automatic locking or unlocking. To change the type of locking (15 mph or when in/out of park), you will need the Consult tool. Can anyone confirm?
Old 10-11-2014, 07:41 AM

The OP is only trying to enable the automatic unlock. The FSM states in detail what settings can be performed without Consult.

Although there are settings that may require Consult many of the basic settings, such as reset of the airbag light, can be performed without it. Additionally there a number of systems tests that can be performed without Consult.

Last edited by Nopike; 10-11-2014 at 07:52 AM.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:54 AM

The OP is only trying to enable the automatic unlock. The FSM states what can be done without Consult. Although there are settings that may require Consult many of the basic settings, such as reset of the airbag light, can be performed without it.
Nissan's default setting locks the doors after the vehicle has reached 15 MPH and unlock the door when the ignition is turned off. He is trying to get it to unlock after the vehicle is switched into Park without turning off the ignition, and it seems like he'll need to go back to the dealer for them to access it in Consult to change the type of unlocking.

The master tech probably only cycled through the speedometer settings to find the automatic door unlocks/locks instead to find nothing and assumed the Max was unable to do it.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Daaavid
Nissan's default setting locks the doors after the vehicle has reached 15 MPH and unlock the door when the ignition is turned off. He is trying to get it to unlock after the vehicle is switched into Park without turning off the ignition, and it seems like he'll need to go back to the dealer for them to access it in Consult to change the type of unlocking.

The master tech probably only cycled through the speedometer settings to find the automatic door unlocks/locks instead to find nothing and assumed the Max was unable to do it.
Yeah man but they said that there is absolutely no way to have this done yet I told them they can look online and find plenty of people that have done this to their cars from the dealer, I guess ill have to try another dealer?
Old 10-11-2014, 02:54 PM

OK now I understand. The FSM procedure only allows you to turn auto unlock on or off. It does not allow you to set it to be triggered by the key off or by the shifter position. That kind of sucks.

AUTOMATIC DOOR LOCKS (UNLOCK OPERATION)
The automatic door locks (UNLOCK) function is the function that unlocks all doors and fuel lid linked with the key position or shift position. It has 2 types as follows.

IGN OFF Interlock Door Unlock*1
All doors and fuel lid are unlocked when the power supply position is changed from ON to OFF.
BCM outputs the unlock signal to all door lock and fuel lid actuators when it detects that the power supply position
is changed from ignition switch ON to OFF.

P Range Interlock Door Unlock
All doors and fuel lid are unlocked when shifting the selector lever from any position other than the P to P position.
BCM outputs the unlock signal to all door lock and fuel lid actuators when it detects that the ignition switch is in
the ON position and the shift signal received from TCM via CAN communication is shifted from any position
other than the P to P position.

*1: This function is set to ON before delivery.

Last edited by Nopike; 10-11-2014 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by 14GmMax
Yeah man but they said that there is absolutely no way to have this done yet I told them they can look online and find plenty of people that have done this to their cars from the dealer, I guess ill have to try another dealer?
I would call their service department and show them the service manual that Nopike provided. I'm assuming the service tech was either not aware, service bay was too full, or he was too lazy to actually complete the job. In either case, just give them a call to the original dealer or another dealer before you drive up there again.

On another note, still wondering where my "3 flash lane change signal" is.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:03 PM

OK now I understand. The FSM procedure only allows you to turn auto unlock on or off. It does not allow you to set it to be triggered by the key off or by the shifter position. That kind of sucks.

AUTOMATIC DOOR LOCKS (UNLOCK OPERATION)
The automatic door locks (UNLOCK) function is the function that unlocks all doors and fuel lid linked with the key position or shift position. It has 2 types as follows.

IGN OFF Interlock Door Unlock*1
All doors and fuel lid are unlocked when the power supply position is changed from ON to OFF.
BCM outputs the unlock signal to all door lock and fuel lid actuators when it detects that the power supply position
is changed from ignition switch ON to OFF.

P Range Interlock Door Unlock
All doors and fuel lid are unlocked when shifting the selector lever from any position other than the P to P position.
BCM outputs the unlock signal to all door lock and fuel lid actuators when it detects that the ignition switch is in
the ON position and the shift signal received from TCM via CAN communication is shifted from any position
other than the P to P position.

*1: This function is set to ON before delivery.

Yeah kind of sucks i could have sworn somebody found a work around, thanks for the help though.