7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth Erased My Phone Music

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 09:14 AM

Bluetooth Erased My Phone Music

Connected my old Nokia N8 to my new 2012 SV Sport, no Navigation. Phone connected to via Bluetooth with no problems, numbers and contact names all connect by voice.
Problem, somehow it deleted all 4000+ songs that were in the phones memory.
If they were loaded into the Maxima's memory I've tried to find them with no success.

No problem to get them back into the phone cause they're all saved in my DeskTop.

Any ideas????????
Old 04-21-2015, 09:34 AM

Impossible. Bluetooth profiles are not able to write to the phone's or car's multimedia system, this includes overwriting, deleting, or adding files. See if your SD card or internal storage on the phone has been damaged or corrupt.
Old 04-21-2015, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Daaavid
Impossible. Bluetooth profiles are not able to write to the phone's or car's multimedia system, this includes overwriting, deleting, or adding files. See if your SD card or internal storage on the phone has been damaged or corrupt.
Thank's for the reply. Just went onto the Nokia's music, scrolled down to 'refresh library', clicked, and BAM, everything's back on.

I'd already bought a red/white 2 into 1 RCA to connect the music into the Nissan audio from the armrest cubby.
Looks like the only way to charge my phone or Tom Tom GPS is through the USB port in there also. Correct???

Last edited by xlimodriver; 04-21-2015 at 12:22 PM.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by xlimodriver
Looks like the only way to charge my phone or Tom Tom GPS is through the USB port in there also. Correct???
Problem solved, found the lighter port in the top/right corner of the cubby.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:31 PM

The car has two lighter ports, but you can also hardwire your GPS so there is no physical wire running down the dashboard. I have my Valentine 1 radar detector hardwired into the power mirror. I am not sure if your GPS unit requires a step-down converter of 12V to 5V, but if so, you can easily run a wire along the headliner to the fusebox on the driver side wtih ample space to hide the wires.
Old 04-24-2015, 09:05 AM

In my old altima, I had switches in the console, and spliced the 12V and ran separate lines to the 'heated seat covers'. I bought the cigarette lighter end at a radioshack, or similar project store, and then hooked up the seat. That way I didn't have to re-engineer the charger portion of the seats (GPS in your case). Then you can tuck the cable under/in the glove box etc.