7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Amp Mounting Location

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 06:24 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Amp Mounting Location

Hello everyone - long time lurker, first time poster here. There is some great information on this forum, so I appreciate everyones help so far. I have a 2012 Maxima S with the non-bose stereo.

I spent this weekend running power cables and installing a low level converter for an aftermarket amplifier and subwoofer. Everything is ready go and I'm onto the final stages.

My question is: where the heck should I mount the amp? My first instinct is to mount it onto the back of the seat. I have a 60/40 seat, and it looks like it will fit fine on the 40 split side. However, I have no idea what I'm drilling into. The carpet peeled back and I saw a plastic backing. But it feels like a wood underneath that. Anyway, am I safe to drill into that with short screws?

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide!

TL;DR: is it safe to mount my amp to the back of my 60/40 seat? What is the seat made out of?
Old 09-28-2015, 06:43 AM

That's where I had my amp mounted, there is a piece of fiber board I believe on the back of the seat that you can screw into. I rarely have any back seat passengers, plus with the screws only being 3/4 to 1" in length there's no chance they would cause any problem's with a passenger anyway.
Old 09-30-2015, 05:57 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thank you very much for your reply!

I took your advice and mounted directly to the rear backseat. I'll try to post pictures later today for anyone else that is in a similar spot.

For anyone else looking to do this, I used 3/4" long wood screws (I believe #10 size) and I think that was the perfect length. I rapidly sat up and down in the back seat too and I am not bleeding, so I think it is safe