7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Major Electrical Problem...(2012 Max)

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 10:03 AM

Major Electrical Problem...(2012 Max)

So last week my **** for my heated and cooled drivers seat was replaced. The switch stopped working and I was told I needed a new switch.. they put a new one and it worked.

Today My car worked fine and I get to my carpool location and try to unlock my doors and nothing. They wouldn't unlock. I further realized that my windows don't work, sunroof doesn't work, power seats don't work, trunk will not open and my turn signals no longer work. Car starts fine.. radio works..

So its at the dealer now for service. All they told me so far is its not a fuse. ...should be covered under my "Nissan" gold extended warranty. I am at 72K miles..

anybody with thought?
Old 11-08-2016, 06:39 AM

The dealer replaced the heated/cooled seat switch? It sounds like your Body Control Module (BCM) has gone at least partially bad. There are also about 6 different wiring connectors the go into the BCM so maybe one of them just got disconnected when they replaced the switch. I am sure they will repair it under your warranty, but if they caused the problem when they worked on the switch then I'm not sure you should have to pay the $100 deductible.