7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help identifying a 7th Gen

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 09:35 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Need help identifying a 7th Gen

Being a member from many years ago and owning several Maximas, I've always known this site to be a great resource. Which leads me to ask for some help...

I'm looking to identify a 7th generation Maxima, at least down to any closer year range, trim, etc, which would help in identifying a suspect in a case. When it came to the older 3rd, 4th, and 5th gens I used to be savvy to this but I figured I'd turn to the best known resource I know of in Maximas.

I'm going to post a couple pictures. Again, if the wheels, emblems, etc help narrow down anything on it, please post in the comments.

Please and thank you!
Attached Thumbnails Need help identifying a 7th Gen-picture-1.png   Need help identifying a 7th Gen-picture-2.jpg   Need help identifying a 7th Gen-picture-3.jpg  
Old 12-28-2016, 12:04 PM

It looks like it has no panoramic sun roof, so that lets out the Premium edition. It is not the SV Sport addition as it has no trunk spoiler, although it could of been taken off but I have never heard of anyone taking off the spoiler of their SV Sport. So my guess with it's 18 inch wheels its a Maxima S.
Old 12-28-2016, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Adam Jenkins
Being a member from many years ago and owning several Maximas, I've always known this site to be a great resource. Which leads me to ask for some help...

I'm looking to identify a 7th generation Maxima, at least down to any closer year range, trim, etc, which would help in identifying a suspect in a case. When it came to the older 3rd, 4th, and 5th gens I used to be savvy to this but I figured I'd turn to the best known resource I know of in Maximas.

I'm going to post a couple pictures. Again, if the wheels, emblems, etc help narrow down anything on it, please post in the comments.

Please and thank you!
the wheel style are before refresh, so this is 09-10-11 model, definitely 18" wheels, definitely lower end model, no fog lights or panaramic roof indicates S or lower end SV model.
I think I can just make out the outline of regular sun roof on the first pic, so maybe not base model.

Last edited by maxud; 12-28-2016 at 02:09 PM.
Old 12-28-2016, 05:09 PM

I would add that it is a base S model because it does not have the turn signal indicators on the side mirrors that come standard on the SV model. It also looks to be an 09-10 based on the flat exhaust tips. The 2011+ years had rolled exhaust tips.
Old 12-30-2016, 08:30 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

thanks for the help. for what it's worth, it helped in identifying a vehicle/suspect in multiple occasions of exposing himself to underage females. the details in identifying the vehicle will be added to the case!
Old 01-01-2017, 06:29 AM

09-11 SV Base? I have a 2012 SV base that looks similar except for wheels and tailights (since mid-gen refresh), the single sunroof, chrome exterior trim, and turn signal indicators (hard to see with image size/color but I think I can make them out).