7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

iPhone Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 02:26 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Angry iPhone Bluetooth

Have a 2011 Maxima, no problems up until this fall when the iOS 10 update came through. Since then when a call comes in I have to manually switch on my phone to 'mycar' and when listening to music, the songs skip non-stop for several minutes. I typically get tired of it & go back to the radio or scroll through the inputs several times/change the song back & forth before it works... which lasts about 5 songs & then it's rinse & repeat.

Any others experience this? I've reset my phone, unpaired/paired, made sure no other apps were running in the background.. everything I can think of to fix it.. no progress. Rented two cars in the last month.. different make/model/year, no problem. Wife's Ford Explorer.. no problem.

Last edited by The_Dude; 02-08-2017 at 02:36 PM.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:11 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Bump
Old 02-28-2017, 01:03 PM

Yes. I came to this forum specifically to see if anyone had this same issue. The Bluetooth streaming is pretty awful in this car. Over half the time it won't display what song is playing. At least once during every single trip, I will lose the connectivity altogether, or it will start skipping until I switch off of Bluetooth for a few seconds and then switch it back over. This is an iPhone 6S running iOS 10.2.1.
Old 02-28-2017, 01:09 PM

And mine's a '12 SV with the Tech package.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:52 PM

I have a '10 and it does the thing where it will just skip until i disconnect and reconnect... I've found it does it when by mistake I leave my headset connected.. Or when I just recently disconnected my headset. This car has done the same thing with my LG G3 and my new LG K8. The cars bluetooth is so old takes forever to connect compared to other devices. I'm glad it even works since all the new devices are Bluetooth 4.2!
Old 03-01-2017, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by The_Dude
Have a 2011 Maxima, no problems up until this fall when the iOS 10 update came through. Since then when a call comes in I have to manually switch on my phone to 'mycar' and when listening to music, the songs skip non-stop for several minutes. I typically get tired of it & go back to the radio or scroll through the inputs several times/change the song back & forth before it works... which lasts about 5 songs & then it's rinse & repeat.

Any others experience this? I've reset my phone, unpaired/paired, made sure no other apps were running in the background.. everything I can think of to fix it.. no progress. Rented two cars in the last month.. different make/model/year, no problem. Wife's Ford Explorer.. no problem.
Try deleting all phone profiles from the car (and not just unpair/pair), I remember having a weird issue with my phone once upon a time and that fixed it.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:50 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Tried that before & again today.. still skips immediately when I listen through Bluetooth.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:49 PM

Same issues. Is there a firmware update that anyone is aware of?
Old 04-01-2017, 08:26 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Same issues with my '11. Additionally, if I answer the phone via the steering wheel, it'll freeze the phone and the call won't connect. I've attributed it to the iOS update slowly making my system obsolete. Haven't been able to find a fix, and I've done everything.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:19 AM

if you still have your .ipsw you could take your iphone back down to an earlier image, other than that, have to hope apple fixes this in 10.3
Old 09-28-2017, 10:31 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by tgtaylor504@gmail.com
Same issues with my '11. Additionally, if I answer the phone via the steering wheel, it'll freeze the phone and the call won't connect. I've attributed it to the iOS update slowly making my system obsolete. Haven't been able to find a fix, and I've done everything.
+1 on the phone not answering incoming calls. Please let me know if you find a solution. I tried with my wife's android phone, and it seems to work as designed. This is too nice a car to have such a basic problem.