7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

Tire Suggestions for 2010 SV

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2017, 10:50 AM

Tire Suggestions for 2010 SV

Im going to be needing new tires soon and was starting the search process, any recommendations? Im initially looking at the Pilot Sport A/S3's, but also hearing good things about the Continental Extreme Contacts DWS (although Tirerack is saying theyre not available for that year, maybe just the DW's?). I live in Columbus Ohio, so winter isnt extreme, but snow does happen, so still want that all year
Old 02-15-2017, 05:24 PM

I have the Pilot Sport A/S on my Mustang and will be replacing the stock tires on the Maxima with these when the time comes. Excellent grip on dry pavement and in rain, excellent wear, quiet, etc. I have nothing but good things to say about these tires.

I imagine they would be serviceable in the snow, but I have very little snow driving experience with them. On my Maxima I run dedicated snow tires on 17 inch Enkei rims from Thanksgiving through March. I would consider a winter setup if you get regular snow and have a place to store them. The initial cost of the extra wheels is offset somewhat by the reduced wear on the lower profile stock tires, and I dont have to worry about cracking a "Sport" rim on a pothole.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:14 AM

I currently have Michelin MXM 4 A/S tires on them. I live in NE Ohio and i deal with Lake Effect Snow all the time. These tires do great. I got 120,000 miles out of the Michelin MXV tires that i previously had. My current tires are the upgraded version of them so i expect them to do right by me as well. I really am a fan of Michelin tires. Good luck to you.
Old 03-01-2017, 04:23 PM

I just put on a set of the Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06. Paid around $170/tire and love them. Rained like hell here and these things cut through the water with no loss of traction.

They also come with a 50K mile warranty from Continental which means you rotate them every 5K and wherever you buy them from checks the wear and tear. If past a certain lever at each interval they start refunding you part of your tire cost.
Old 03-03-2017, 07:05 PM

So on my 2014 Sport model, I had Michelin Primacy MXM4 on the car. Loved the tires except the tread seemed to wear a litttle more than I like in short time. Was wanting to get back into the ultra high performance tire class that the car originally came with since I missed the steering feedback and handling of the oem Goodyears, when they were new at the time. So was originally looking at the Michelin pilot sport a/s3+ but my job (nissan dealer) had a deal on the Yokohama Advan sport all season tire so I decided to try it being that I liked some of their other tires in the past on different cars, and the reviews for the tire were all relatively positive. Let me say that I am impressed with this tire. They hardly needed any weight, cornered like a champ with no tire squeal at all (and I purposely pushed them) so handling was good for me and they are quiet and smooth. Now I've only had these tires for a few days, but am really liking them. Just my .02
Old 03-04-2017, 11:35 AM

I have Goodyear Assurance ComforTred Touring tires that I put on around 34000 miles to replace the oem GY tires. In the last 20000 miles they have been much better than the oem Eagle RSA that wore out quickly.