7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body shop take 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 06:52 PM

Body shop take 2

So last summer I was rear ended and the body shop that had repaired my car is certified through Nissan as well as Audi and Porsche. After dealing with my bumper being a different color for 7 months and noticing rust on their repair I called today and explained to them that my car is rusting and that my bumper does not match. I am very ocd about my car and I just can't deal with the mis-matched paint. They most likely will fix the rust issue, however I am afraid that they will tell me that I waited to long about the miscolored bumper. Idk maybe they won't. I mean after all they said they warranty their work for as long as I have the car. Just rambling here but hopefully tomorrow when they check it out they will agree to repair everything wrong for free. My poor baby🙁 the pictures of rust were difficult to take with the angle of my phone, but you get the idea that it shouldn't be rusting like this anywhere on a 3 year old car.

Old 03-09-2017, 05:09 AM

do you live up north? road salt could be the reason, as for the paint and body work never pick up a car feom a body shop with out it being on a lift or flatbed, you can see all the imperfections. Then refuse delivery until fixed. once you sign off it is difficult to state problems.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:04 AM

Silver color is notoriously difficult to color match. I have a silver 05 Ody that has been rearended 3 times, each time I had issues with color of the bumper being different shade than the car. The only way the shop knows how to fix it is to blend in near panels. I had them do that and its definitely easier on the eyes that way.
I know what it feels like, so my condolences.
As far as rust goes, having seen my 09 on the lift every oil change, the rear of the car, though never hit, has a surprising amount of rusty metal, from unibody to the the metal part of the rear bumper. This is one of the biggest differences for me between infitniti and nissan. Nissan being all sorts of ****tier manufacturing. Point is, I am not sure that its anything your shop touched, vs normal nissan aging.
Old 03-10-2017, 08:20 AM

Take it back to the body shop on Monday so they can lift the car to see the rust which was definitely from what they did since they replaced that part and offered to repaint the bumper again but can't guarantee it will be better.