7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima

No Check Engine light

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 04:21 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Angry No Check Engine light

I have a 2010 Max and it is doing some crazy things. We were coming back home and driving about 25mph when the transmission dropped out of gear and there was no response from the gas pedal. Put it in neutral and car would rev up, like wise in park, but when you put it either in drive or reverse the car would move but only at about 1mph and no response from the gas pedal. Got car home and turned it off and then tried to start it and it was like the battery was completely dead. Jumped it off and let it charge a little while, took car up and down the road, but when i went from a dead stop the car went back into like a limp mode. Took out the MAFS and cleaned it, put it back in, car started right up and was fine for about 5 min. Then the same exact problem. Just left car in drive way for a day, went out and car started right up without having to jump it. There is not a check engine light on, can anyone please help me before I have to take it to Nissan and get charged an arm and a leg??
Old 03-21-2017, 05:19 PM

If it's the transmission which I think it is, Nissan extended the warranty for the CVT for 2009 and 2010 models to 10 years 120,000 miles.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:32 PM

Let us know what happened when you can. Mileage ? Do you drive it hard at all ?
Old 03-22-2017, 08:41 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

There is 145k. And yes, my 18 year old step son. It was in an accident last august and a lot of front body work was done and hasn't driven right since, but the latest is weird. No engine light so I can't run it on a normal code checker. I have an appt to get into Nissan today, if it is the CVT I'm going to get rid of it. It's starting to nickle and dime me to death.