7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) Come in and talk about the 7th generation Maxima
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 Maxima A/C Compressor DIY Replacment

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 04:25 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

2009 Maxima A/C Compressor DIY Replacment

Hey all! I have a question for anyone who can point me in the right direction. I know there are some forms on this but I'm looking for step by step instructions for my year which I can't find. I'm having an issue with my A/C Compressor the clutch gave out on my 2009 Maxima (to the point it was throwing sparks) I jerry rigged it with a shorter and thinner belt to bypass the A/Compressor (so power steering and such works) but when it's cold it squeaks and squeals because it's slipping since it's not the perfect size. So with summer approaching I want to replace the Compressor. I got a quote from a few places with the part and labour and refilling ranging from $800-$1400. I am not going to spend that much money for A/C! I want to get one have gotten quotes for a compressor for $200-$300. I want remove the old one and install the new one. I know I'm going to have to get the system evacuated before I remove it and filled once I put the new one in. I'm looking for the easiest way to remove it, what to look for and such or if this job should even be attempted by a home DIYer. Step by step would be appreciated. Photos would be awesome too!
Thanks for any help!